Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schedule still sets up well just need to focus on the division for now...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Schedule still sets up well just need to focus on the division for now...

Yes this loss does sting very much so tonight especially with Baltimore losing today and having a shot to go up 2 games in the division with a win in Denver and possibly 3 if the Steelers beat Cincy next week and then the Ravens the following Monday night. They could have really put there foot down on this division tonight with a win, but instead things have gotten much much tighter now going into next week's game with the Bengals which I really feel for the Steelers now is almost a MUST win game. Its now 2 weeks in the last month the Steelers have really let the Ravens off the hook after the Ravens have lost on the road to 2 mediocre teams in the Browns and Bills. That simply has got to stop here now, and the Steelers have got to start playing with more sense of urgency and start taking advantage of putting some seperation in this division between them and Baltimore. Keep in mind still people forget that the Browns are just one game back at 3-3 and play the winless Rams next week, and the Bengals who finally won today are 2-4 and with a win next week now over the Steelers can go to 3-4 and drop the Steelers to 4-3 one game back with a tiebraker head to head in hand if they win.

The bottom line here is this if the Steelers win there next 3 games against the Bengals on the road, and the Ravens and Browns at home they pretty much will have the division title won for all practical purposes. They would go to 7-2 then with games against the Jets and Miami the next 2 weeks who are a combined 1-13 at this point. If you beat Cincy next week you go up essentially 4 games on them 3 in the standings and 4 if you count the head to head tiebraker so its a HUGE HUGE swing game one way or another next Sunday. Its a game the Steelers if they get it would be in great shape going into November with 4 of there next 5 at home, and all against teams that are very beatable in Baltimore,Cleveland,Jets,Miami and the Bengals again. Its why Im telling you the schedule still sets up good for the Steelers here to still control there own destiny and win this division. For now, the talk of catching the Colts and Pats for a bye week or homefield can stop, but keep in mind were still only 2 games behind both, if the Colts lose to the Jags tomorrow were a game behind them, and the Colts play the Pats in 2 weeks as well. So one of them right there is going to lose at least once. So like I been saying while this loss in Denver tonight by all means was very very frustrating and made me very pissed off to see us fight back so hard to fall short in the end, its not the end of the season by any means like Koopa and some other people on this board are acting like.

The Steelers are still in MUCH MUCH better shape then they were a year ago this time being 4-2 and in first place, with a lot of winnable games upcoming here as I mentioned, and a definite opportunity to control own destiny still in the division and the AFC. But still though with that being said the Steelers still need to correct these mistakes and breakdowns they are having in particular on the 3rd and longs tonight they just got burned way too many times and you just cannot continue to do that especially playing a desperate team like Denver on the road. Keep in mind next week they are playing another desperate team in Cincy next week who is going to need to win much like the Broncos did tonight. Its a huge huge swing game as I mentioned before on here, and it will probably tell us a lot about where the Steelers are headed here going into November and the last half of the season. One thing is for sure though the Steelers have got to stop blowing opportunities here like they have already 2 weeks this season of putting the Ravens away when they lose and letting them off the hook. Its happened now twice with losses in Arizona and tonight in Denver where the Ravens have lost as well to two teams they probably shouldnt have in the Browns and Bills. The Steelers have GOT to start winning when the Ravens lose these kinds of games on the same day.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    we can not compete with the pats in the playoffs, or the colts for that matter.......... the season means jack **** unless you win a superbowl, so the season is over, even if we win the division..........but y'all can keep lying to y'alls self to make y'all feel better, but i know the truth and that's tom faggot brady gets his 4th super bowl ring this decade
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Starter
    Agreed, we need to play with more urgency, one thing I learned tonight is that our offense can come from behind and has heart, Personally with a few minor tweaks I think we will easily take the division

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Mark it down Bengals win this week....Call me crazy but I have that feeling the win today gets the Bengals on a roll and with our impressive loss to the Broncos I'm sure Carson will have a field day bombing his old USC buddy Mr. Overrated Troy Polamalu...lol

Ravens son, afc north champions

Ray Lewis will Kill you

2nd String
    well koopa i have 2 say i agree with u after watching 2 night,it's obvious our offensive line stinks,yea we showed we could come back but we showed that we can give up 3 sacks a game an it's affecting ben's decison making,i thought we were on the level of the cheaters an colts but were not, this year is done because i agree with koopa, it's superbowl or bust an wre not ready this year 4 the superbowl, next year we will b if we straighten out our o-line but the o-line stinks bad this year i think were giving up three sacks an game, i'm not giving up on the steelers but untill we fix that o-line were not goona go far, we still should win the devision, but were on the road 4 the playoffs, an we act like we can only play at home, we have had 2 many penalties this year, this is ridiculous, so 12-4 still looks attainable!!!!!!!!!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Browns AFC North Champs....mark it down...lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Go sleep off that hangover man

I agree the schedule is still in our favor but we are only going to get so many chances this year and so far we've blown 2 golden opportunities to go up in the division and separate ourselves. We're not going to get many more so we've got to win this week because we need to keep our destiny in our own hands and not have to rely on anyone else for help at the end of the year if we expect to make any noise in the playoffs.

It's clear we have much work to do but it's not over yet. Im not crowning anybody NFL champs in week 7, sorry !

Quote Originally Posted by WallyBalls52 View Post

The Steelers are still in MUCH MUCH better shape then they were a year ago this time being 4-2 and in first place, with a lot of winnable games upcoming here as I mentioned, and a definite opportunity to control own destiny still in the division and the AFC. But still though with that being said the Steelers still need to correct these mistakes and breakdowns they are having in particular on the 3rd and longs tonight they just got burned way too many times and you just cannot continue to do that especially playing a desperate team like Denver on the road. Keep in mind next week they are playing another desperate team in Cincy next week who is going to need to win much like the Broncos did tonight. Its a huge huge swing game as I mentioned before on here, and it will probably tell us a lot about where the Steelers are headed here going into November and the last half of the season. One thing is for sure though the Steelers have got to stop blowing opportunities here like they have already 2 weeks this season of putting the Ravens away when they lose and letting them off the hook. Its happened now twice with losses in Arizona and tonight in Denver where the Ravens have lost as well to two teams they probably shouldnt have in the Browns and Bills. The Steelers have GOT to start winning when the Ravens lose these kinds of games on the same day.

Well said!

It's obvious we got work to do, especially with the O-line. I swear some of them were just standing there like statues! And the secondary just flat-out stunk, as did the entire defense. HELLO! Did you guys forget how to blitz??
    I guess one positive is that the offense managed to make adjustments and tied the game in the 4th quarter. I think this team will have a real gut-check this week..they have to, especially against a division rival this week.
    "Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    that is the funniest thing I have heard
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyBalls52 View Post
    so is this
    Last edited by steelersgal86; 10-22-2007 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for the sig Flea

Thread Information