Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Wk. 2)

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    but see with me i'm not just saying it cause of one loss.....i have never liked cowher...i hate his play not to lose the game approach...i hate his run first style, i hate his sit on the ball when you are up 3 style....this team has a lot of potential to be great but he is holding ben and the rest of the guys back with his conservative bullshit...in the playoffs it seemed like wiz took over cause we were passing to set up the run and we were unstoppable...now we are back to the run run pass punt style that cowher plays
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Fine

Question

I must admit to being shocked by most of the "fans" comments here tonight, and SteelerFan87's comment shows that they feel the same way I do.

A true fan doesn't throw in the towel and act like that after one loss--do they?? What the heck??

This is the way *eye* saw that game. The Jags played a tremendous game, and have absolutely HUGE players. Our obviously smaller team players held them to nothing more than field goals. The team that played so well and had a size advantage, and had a LOT more TOP weren't even able to score ONE TD--and that didn't impress anyone? It impressed me, and even though we put up no points, I wasn't really disappointed with the effort I saw out of them tonight--they fought and played hard.

And Big Ben was playing with a FEVer?? Probably not a "great" idea, but he obviously felt that it was time he had a chance to get back into things, and it will help him see areas that he needs to work on.

The Steelers are human, (including the coach) and are not going to be able to go forever and never lose a game! Or maybe that's what some "fans" expect??

I just don't understand...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    don't comment on the way i post during the game until you have posted with me...i take it play by play i never look at the whole picture...i would've posted the same **** if we would've won....you don't like it. click on my profile and click on add to ignore list or whatever the hell it says, simple as that

Koopa, Cowher's running system is what has gotten the Steelers all those acomplishments I just listed. Yeah, they passed alot in the playoffs, but what did they do in the second half of those games after they got a lead? They ran the ball, killed the clock, and moved on to the next game. The Steelers tried passing alot and abandoning the run first system in 2003, and see where it got them. One of the 5 years in Cowher's 15 with the Steelers that they missed the playoffs. Great teams win with balanced offenses, and that's what the Steelers do with Cowher as the coach.

Steelerswoman, I'm glad to see another fan who isn't panicing too much after just 1 loss. I'm really mad about this loss and thought the Steelers offense looked absolutely pathetic, but I'm certainly not interpreting this as a sign that the season is over.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    no one is panicking....do you read, i don't look at the whole picture, no fun in that...i take it play by play, game by game...sorry i don't post with a stick up my *** and act liek everything is fine a peachy all the time....

and comparing maddox to ben is very stupid imo........and yes you are comparing them by bringing up 03...totally different teams

Final Team Game Stats

Individual Game Stats

Quote Originally Posted by koopa View Post
    no one is panicking....do you read, i don't look at the whole picture, no fun in that...i take it play by play, game by game...sorry i don't post with a stick up my *** and act liek everything is fine a peachy all the time....

and comparing maddox to ben is very stupid imo........and yes you are comparing them by bringing up 03...totally different teams
    I wasn't specifically talking about you when I referred to fans panicking after 1 loss. It's just a tendency Steelers fans have that they seem to overreact to every bad thing that happens.

As for having a stick up my ***, how does me pointing out how successful Cowher has been with the Steelers mean I have a stick up my ***? He's a good coach who knows what he's doing. Like I said, sure he's made some costly mistakes in big games, but that's because he's human. And if you're going to blame him for the losses, you have to give him credit for the wins too. And there have been alot more wins than losses under Cowher.

As for comparing Maddox and Ben, back in 03, Maddox was still very good. He was putting up points, but the pass-all-the-time offense just proved to be an ineffective way to win football games, no matter how many points you score. Plus the Steelers had better recievers that year than they do now. It failed then, and the running game has brought the Steelers success. Hmm, which one should they choose then? The Steelers' system works, and it has been proven through years of success.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Fine
    I'm new to forums for fans, so I never had any idea that fans would react in such a way to a loss. I have now been educated lol

Everybody's certainly entitled to their own way of dealing with things--I just thought I'd try to make ya'll feel guilty (didn't work apparently ) but wanted to be a "cheerleader" and try to get everyone's hopes back up by bringing up that it's very early in the season yet, and we have a LOT of football left to play!

And I'm STILL impressed that such a tough opp didn't even get one TD

My Mood
    Addicted
    I thought our D played great and had our offense done anything we would have shut them out instead of us being shutout! Ben and our WR's looked way out of whack. Hopefully that is just the rust showing. Willie did what I figured he would do against a physical team, nothing. He's just not the type of back that can help us in games like this. Did they even play Davenport? I don't remember seeing him out there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersWoman View Post
    I'm new to forums for fans, so I never had any idea that fans would react in such a way to a loss. I have now been educated lol
    I've been a fan all my life, and hanging around Steelers MB's for almost 10 years...it's a very tiny percentage of fans that think the World is over after every loss. Most of us are pretty rational and see it for what it is: one loss.

Thread Information