Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Injury update for Denver game....

Bookmark and Share

Injury update for Denver game....

KDKA) PITTSBURGH It's back to the grindstone for the Pittsburgh Steelers now that the bye week has passed.

The Steelers play the Denver Broncos in a Sunday night game this weekend.

At today's weekly news conference, Coach Mike Tomlin had good news on the injury front.

He says Hines Ward is fine and will practice tomorrow and play on Sunday.

Casey Hampton will participate in limited practice tomorrow but the team is still monitoring his hamstring.

They are hopeful he will be ready for Sunday's game.

Jeremy Tuman is questionable for Sunday because he is having back spasms.

Bryant McFadden is doubtful with a high ankle sprain.
    http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_289122455.html

good news about Ward...nothing on Troy (which should be good news also - no news is usually good news)

I hope Hampton is a go, but I think we will be ok if he needs to rest a little longer

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

2nd String
    man i just hope an pray everone gets healthy 4 this second 11 game run we r about 2 go on, we need 2 seperate our selves from the rat birds, an the rest of the league we have 2 keep up with the cheaters, an colts, honestly i think we can beat everyone on the schedule, the only games that really concern me is the cheaters, an the jags.....................i want 2 c how big ben will handle that blitz that worked so well 4 the jags last year,i'm surprised more teams haven't blitz us like the cards an jags did,an i'm not looking ahead but i do believe if we play the way we have played so far we should beat the broncos,bungirls,an the RATBIRDS!!!!!!!!!! also if mike is this good now steelers fans just imagine what he will do 4 the black an gold n years 2 come can u say the only team with 8 superbowls...................GO STEELERS

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The fact that he didn't mention Troy more than likely means he's fine. He said he could have played if the coach would have let him play in the Seattle game, but he was still pretty hurt at the time.

Great news on Ward for sure. Hoke is a great replacement for Casey but the DL suffers in the depth dept when he's not in because they only have 5 guys to rotate in and out so hopefully we get him back soon.

I was afraid McFadden's ankle wouldn't be ready yet, those things take forever to heal.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Not to be a pessimist, but I think I'll wait until game day, to see who's playing this time.

what about holmes?

Two weeks ago the Steelers injury report was littered with Pro Bowl players who would miss the game against the Seahawks.

But, with an extra week to heal courtesy of a perfectly timed bye week, look for many of the players to be back in action this week against the Denver Broncos.

Wide receiver Hines Ward, who missed the last two games with a knee injury, will return to action on Sunday night in Denver.

“He is going to be fine,” said head coach Mike Tomlin. “He is going to practice (Wednesday). All tests to this point have been very positive. I know he is excited about being back in there as we are about having him back in there.”

Also returning to action will be safety Troy Polamalu, who missed the Seahawks game with an abdomen injury, and wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who suffered a hamstring injury in pregame warm-ups before the Seattle game.

“They are going to be fine,” said Tomlin. “They are not even listed as issues on the injury report. We expect those guys to go. I think they are going to be good.”

Nose tackle Casey Hampton is going to be limited in practice on Wednesday, but Tomlin still thinks there is potential he will return to action on Sunday.

“We are going to continue to monitor him and his hamstring throughout the early portion of this week,” said Tomlin. “We are hopeful that by the end he will be ready to go.”

Cornerback Bryant McFadden is doubtful this week with a high ankle sprain, an injury that can be a nagging one for a player.

“You know how those injuries are,” said Tomlin. “We anticipated it being a couple of weeks and it has been. We’ll see where he is but right now we are doubtful with him.”

Tight end Jerame Tuman is questionable at this point with back spasms that will limit him early in the week, but he has not been ruled out for the game.

The Steelers returned to work for team and position meetings on Monday refreshed from time off following their bye week and ready to tackle the challenges that lay ahead of them the remainder of the season.

The first challenge will be playing on the road at Denver on Sunday. The Steelers last road outing this season resulted in their only loss to date, falling 21-14 at Arizona, and Tomlin does not want a repeat performance.

“We talked about having an opportunity to respond to our last road outing,” said Tomlin. “That was the focus of our meeting. The last time we played on the road we didn’t feel like we played up to our standards. I threw that challenge out to our football team that we are going into a hostile environment this weekend to say the least and we have to be prepared to be at our best.”
    http://news.steelers.com/article/83239/

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    Bye week could'nt of come at a better time.
    Let's hope we have an injury free the rest of the way.

Thanks to Zachintosh66 for my awesome website banner!!
    steelersal.com

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That was a big key to our SB run a couple years ago, we were healthy for the most part the entire rest of the way after starting out 7-5. We're going to need every available body so yes this bye week definitely came at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    what about holmes?
    I think he's fine. He might just have tweaked his Hamstring a little.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07292/826720-66.stm

Friday, October 19, 2007
    By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pro Bowl nose tackle Casey Hampton returned to practice yesterday and said he intends to play Sunday against the Denver Broncos. He also said he's not worried about having any breathing problems in the mile-high altitude.

"I'm going to be tired regardless," Hampton said. "It ain't like I'm running 100-yard sprints."

Perhaps, although Hampton's teammates are teasing the 320-pound nose tackle that he might have problems merely running off the field. Hampton comes out of the game in most third-down situations.

"That's a 50-yard sprint for him coming off the field," linebacker Clark Haggans said.

Hampton did not play in the Oct. 7 game against Seattle because of a hamstring injury. He sat out practice during the open week and made his return yesterday, taking his usual rotation with the first-team defense.

"I'm going to try to play," Hampton said. "If I feel like I can go and contribute, I'll play. If I can't, I won't."

Nickel back Bryant McFadden (ankle sprain) was limited in practice and is not expected to play against the Broncos.

Tight end Jerame Tuman (back spasms) missed practice for the second day in a row.

Wide receiver out

Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker, who caught two touchdowns and scored on a 72-yard reverse in last year's game at Heinz Field, is scheduled to have arthroscopic knee surgery today in Houston and will not play against the Steelers.

Walker practiced two days this week after missing the past two games with swelling in his knee.

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said he was a "little surprised" by Walker's latest setback because he practiced at full speed Monday.

He will be replaced in the starting lineup by Brandon Stokley.
    I can't imagine that Casey would play all that much but it's good to know that he'll be available and hopefully can get out on the field and be in the rotation. I just hope he's not rushing back before that hamstring is healed enough.

Thread Information