Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers get some help today and dont schedule still sets up well for them...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Steelers get some help today and dont schedule still sets up well for them...

Thats about the recap for all of today's games that actually meant something to the Steelers being on the bye week. Cincy pretty much is finished after today losing in Kansas City to a very mediocre Chiefs team. Cincy is now 1-4 and 3 games back in the division behind the Steelers and the way they are playing now as a team and all around they really have no shot of making a run and catching up in this division especially the way the Steelers are playing. The Browns beat Miami and got there record to 3-3 and continue to play well on offense with Derek Anderson. Im still not convinced the Browns are a major player in this division yet. The Steelers still have the tiebraker on them beating them on the road already opening day, and still have to play them here at Heinz Field next month in a game I think which the Steelers will win. The Ravens beat a pathetic 0-6 Rams team today and struggled in the first half of this game with Kyle Boller and only scored one touchdown this whole game and kicked 5 FGS the rest of the game. The Ravens while they will be tough and always are still do not have the offense to beat the Steelers especially here at Heinz Field which is where the first meeting is here in 3 weeks on Monday night. Plus, as Ive mentioned before the Ravens have a brutal schedule in November having to play the likes of the Steelers,Bengals,Browns,Chargers,Colts,and Pats. There is no way they will survive that stretch without losing a bunch of games especially the way they are playing now offensively. They are going to have to improve dramatically to even have a chance to win any of those games in my opinion. Meanwhile, the Pats just keep on rolling beating Dallas soundly by 21 points on the road. The Pats are now 6-0 and at this point are going to be very tough to beat and may well indeed be undefeated or at the very worst have only 1 loss when the Steelers play them on December 9th in New England. Now the Patriots are not unbeatable by any means. You did see Dallas give them some trouble today on defense. The Steelers defense will really have to play an excellent game and Ben and the offense is going to have to score some points in that game to have a good shot to win. This Steelers team I do believe is good enough to play with and beat the Pats whether they do or not will find out.

The bottom line once again with this upcoming schedule the Steelers still have games left with the Jets,Dolphins,Rams,Browns,and 2 with the Bengals. Those 5 teams have a combined record of 5-24. The only 2 teams the Steelers play the next 6-7 weeks up until the Pats game with a winning record or at .500 are the Ravens and the Browns and both of those games are at home. My point here is if the Steelers expect or want to compete for a top 2 seed with the Pats and Colts they better win pretty much all of these games. Homefield advantage in this years playoffs I believe is going to be huge. The good news is the Colts have a tough schedule the next 4 weeks having to play at the Jags, at the Panthers, the Pats and at San Diego. They should slip at least 1 maybe 2 of those games, and you know when the Colts play the Pats that at least one of them will lose so either way if the Steelers keep winning there going to get help there.

The bottom line is the Steelers MUST keep winning games and absolutely cannot afford to really slip or lose one game here really until they play the Pats. The schedule still sets up very well for the Steelers to keep winning games which I think they will do. As long as they do they are going to be in perfect position as Ive been saying all along come December to compete for a top 2 seed, a bye week, and homefield advantage with the Pats and Colts. The Steelers MUST keep winning its really that simple.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That pretty much sums it up, must keep winning is the bottom line. I eluded to the next 5 weeks as being crucial since 3-5 are on the road and 3 are against divisional teams. This is where we separate ourselves as the main contender in the AFCN and one of the top teams in the AFC.

Cincy is a disaster right now, they can't beat anyone and their defense is just flat out terrible. They can still score points but they can't stop anybody.

Cleveland is not anywhere near for real. They've only won games against sub par opponents. When they have played real teams like the Steelers and Pats they got blown out. They can hang with average or below average teams but when push comes to shove they don't have it together yet to play with the big boys.

The Ratbirds defense will keep them in games all year long but their offense whether it's got McNair or Boller, doesn't scare anybody.

It's absolutely critical that we continue to win because every game between now and the Pats is an AFC game and we've got to take care of business in the conference and division first and foremost. We can win these upcoming games but it's got to be a total commitment to 1 game at a time like we've done so far and not look past anybody because if we slip up even once and the rats gain a game on us it will make things more difficult down the stretch.

Starter
    Judging from the schedule I think that we can realistically expect a 12-4 or 13-3 finish, and hope for a 14-2. The teams that really worry me are of course the Pats, and then the Jags with Garrard are a damn good team but we are better imo

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSteve View Post
    Judging from the schedule I think that we can realistically expect a 12-4 or 13-3 finish, and hope for a 14-2. The teams that really worry me are of course the Pats, and then the Jags with Garrard are a damn good team but we are better imo
    Lets not get to far ahead of ourselves.....Still a ton of football left...My only focus is the Denver Broncos and the *** kicking they're going to take...

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Lets not get to far ahead of ourselves.....Still a ton of football left...My only focus is the Denver Broncos and the *** kicking they're going to take...
    too be honest I would consider anything less then 12-4 somewhat of a dissapointment, I know things dont always go as planned, and sometimes losses come when you dont expect them, but I dont see any team that we shouldn't be a lock to win other than the Jags and the Pats, the Ravens and even the Bungles can be tough but I think we sweep the division this year

My Mood
    Mad
    too be honest I would consider anything less then 12-4 somewhat of a dissapointment, I know things dont always go as planned, and sometimes losses come when you dont expect them, but I dont see any team that we shouldn't be a lock to win other than the Jags and the Pats, the Ravens and even the Bungles can be tough but I think we sweep the division this year
    I understand the excitement....But this is the NFL and anything can happen on any given Sunday....Thats all I'm saying....I don't like to look to far ahead....I have set myself with many let downs in doing so...lol So I take one game at a time....

I agree the schedule doesn't look tough now but things can change in 4-6 weeks...What if some of these teams coming up goes on winning streaks or the Steelers get hit with a ton of injuries? So I'm taking one game at a time......

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I understand the excitement....But this is the NFL and anything can happen on any given Sunday....Thats all I'm saying....I don't like to look to far ahead....I have set myself with many let downs in doing so...lol So I take one game at a time....

I agree the schedule doesn't look tough now but things can change in 4-6 weeks...What if some of these teams coming up goes on winning streaks or the Steelers get hit with a ton of injuries? So I'm taking one game at a time......
    Which is why I mentioned that sometimes there are letdowns which is why I picked 12-4 instead of 15-1 I understand what your saying, and I usually feel the same about looking to far ahead, I guess I am still excited about us shutting up the annoying hawk fans that I have to put up with

My Mood
    Mad
    Which is why I mentioned that sometimes there are letdowns which is why I picked 12-4 instead of 15-1 I understand what your saying, and I usually feel the same about looking to far ahead, I guess I am still excited about us shutting up the annoying hawk fans that I have to put up with

Dude be excited no doubt....I just have no thoughts of 15-1 or 14-2......lol especially in week 6........Now if the Steelers only have 1 loss heading into Dec.....I might start thinking 15-1 or 14-2 is possible.....I'm just focused on 5-1........

Starter
    that will be nice

I l have a love/hate relationship w/ this post. There is ALOT to be excited about when you look at our schedule and the things we CAN do this season. I dont see much of a problem as us as fans, looking ahead and predicting a 13+ win season. Aslong as Tomlin keeps this team grounded. We actually have proved nothing yet. Even if we would have beat ARI and stayed undefeated, it wouldnt mean much, ask Romo and the boys how 5-0 felt!!! I dont forsee us losing another game JAX, NE and Baltimore will be tough not doubt because they always play us tough. the team just needs to out 100% focus into each week or we could wind up losing a game wee should have won ex: the Cards game. This week needs to be spent working on all the basics and prepping for DEN.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I l have a love/hate relationship w/ this post. There is ALOT to be excited about when you look at our schedule and the things we CAN do this season. I dont see much of a problem as us as fans, looking ahead and predicting a 13+ win season. Aslong as Tomlin keeps this team grounded. We actually have proved nothing yet. Even if we would have beat ARI and stayed undefeated, it wouldnt mean much, ask Romo and the boys how 5-0 felt!!! I dont forsee us losing another game JAX, NE and Baltimore will be tough not doubt because they always play us tough. the team just needs to out 100% focus into each week or we could wind up losing a game wee should have won ex: the Cards game.
    This week needs to be spent working on all the basics and prepping for DEN.

i have not got to watch a Pats game yet but i think the ticker tape and stats tell you all you need to know about them!!! Its been said that the Pats Offense is the best in 2 decades. Its also being said this is the best steeler D ever at this point in the season, thats saying something. This match up will be a classic if both teams handle their business in the upcomming weeks!!! For now, lets introduce Cutler to Blitzburgh!!!!!
    Last edited by steelcitysfinestXL; 10-15-2007 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Information