Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steelers get some help today and dont schedule still sets up well for them...

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Your right you cannot overlook any game by any means what so ever but the bottom line in my opinion if your going to have a shot to win in the playoffs this year and go to the Super Bowl in the AFC you have to get either a bye week or homefield advantage. The Steelers simply do not want to push there luck by having to play a wildcard game, then games at Indy and New England which in all likelihood will be the case if the Steelers do not get a 1 or 2 seed. Its not impossible to do seeing that we beat the odds as the 6 seed two year ago and won the Super Bowl, but the fact of the matter is its just a position the Steelers do not want to be in. Its why you have to start looking ahead to the schedule and these games. Now every game that you mentioned on there the Steelers should flat out win before they play the Pats. Im going to assume and say the Pats will only lose to the Colts before they play the Steelers. The Steelers at the very worst MUST go 6-1 I believe in these next 7 games before the Pats game if there going to have any shot at all of getting the top seed over the Pats. The Pats would be 11-1 going into that game and the Steelers would be 10-2. So if you go into that game only a game behind and you win the game you then have the same record as the Pats and own the tiebraker head to head by virtue of beating them.

The Steelers definitely cannot afford to overlook anybody no doubt about it and I dont think they are and wont, but at the same time Tomlin and his players and staff have got to be focusing and paying attention to what the Pats and Colts are doing along with the games they have coming up before the Pats game on December 9th. Because at this point the only 2 teams in the AFC the Steelers need to worry about are the Pats and Colts. Its why I been saying the Steelers are going to have to either go 7-0 the next 7 games before the Pats game or at the very worst 6-1. If they dont do this you can pretty much forget homefield advantage and possibly even the bye week.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    For all the people sayin "one game at a time" "take care of DEN 1st" start a denver thread!!!! This thread is about how our schedule shapes up and thats what we should be posting about.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    The Only problem with the games we have coming up are that they are against teams alot of people thought we be playoff teams!!!
    Sunday, Oct. 21 @ Broncos 8:15 p.m. - The broncos we're bounced from the playoffs last year by the Chiefs and a season finale loss to SF. This team was expected to compete with SD for the West.

Sunday, Oct. 28 @ Bengals 1 p.m. -Were considered a much better team than us and Maybe the class of the division.

Monday, Nov. 5 vs. Ravens 8:30 p.m. -Destroed us in 2 games last year and we the AFCN Champs, were a considered a SB contender in preseason

Sunday, Nov. 11 vs. Browns 1 p.m. still Cleveland

Sunday, Nov. 18* @ Jets 1 p.m. Until the season started this was considered an upstart team and with w/ Thomas Jones and a healthy Pennington (<---Oxy-Moron) were considered a wild card team

Monday, Nov. 26 vs. Dolphins 8:30 p.m. Poor Peezy

Sunday, Dec. 2* vs. Bengals *see above*

My point is none of those teams (minus the browns) were rated this poorly in the preseason. Not that i belive the "experts" and thier preseason hype... but these teams are basically all hitting rock bottom and have no where to go but up. And as much as we as steeler fans like to be "underappreciated" by the media types, i think the cats gonna be let out of the bag here soon!!! I would to say i see us at 14-2 beating NE on the 9th, and only dropping one more game!!!!
    I agree, we should try to win as many of these games on the schedule as possible. IMO the more games we win the better our record will be.
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by portcityblackandgold View Post
    Steeler Steve I'm feelin you "You know what F*** the Pats," and steelcitysfinestXL ease up, I agree the schedule is setting up well. But we gotta knock the schedule wall down one brick at a time. Now the mortar on some of those bricks is crumblin as we speak. But we're gonna have to sledgehammer some of those f*ckers especailly those ones with ratbird sh*t on them.
    Hell yeah, you know what? this isn't last year, we don't have to be afraid anymore, we can kick any teams *** any given sunday. On offense we have the coolest team in the league, the most badass reciever I have ever seen in Ward, a lightning fast and tough pro bowl runningback, and an elite qb in Big Ben. On defense nobody can run on us and that all starts with the best nose tackle in the game casey hampton, a nasty LB corpse and a hard hitting secondary that can light up any reciever and not to mention Polamalu is one of the best safteties in the NFL. On top of that we have a linebacker for a punter. Lets face it, we have the meanest team in the NFL and you know what? It is the Pats that should be afraid of us

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I know what this thread is about....But thats why I don't like looking to far ahead.....Sure everybody breaks down the schedule...I do it to...But just because some games look like for sure wins now don't mean they will be.....Just look in 2001 when the Steelers were 13-3 in the regular season...One of their three loses that year was to the sorry Bengals...lol That game looked like a sure win that wasn't...lol

I agree the schedule looks promising but I'm still taking the one game at a time approach.....Its the NFL were anything can happen on any Given Sunday....Just like this Sunday....I think the Steelers should kick the living shiat out of the Broncos since the Broncos D can't stop the run and Cutler is going against a Coach LeBeau defense for the first time....But still the Broncos could come out and play lights out and win the game to.....
    Anything is possible in Mile High and Shannahan is a master at getting everything he can out of that offense especially in the running game. This is a good test for us on the road to see what we're made of in a hostile environment where it's not just the fans that are against you but the weather too.

11 more 1 game seasons, that's what Im talkin about !

Tailgate Coordinator
    I think we should just worry about the next team in front of us, and not worry what other teams do.

I'm A "Champion"

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Anything is possible in Mile High and Shannahan is a master at getting everything he can out of that offense especially in the running game. This is a good test for us on the road to see what we're made of in a hostile environment where it's not just the fans that are against you but the weather too.

11 more 1 game seasons, that's what Im talkin about !
    F*** the Broncos too

Quote Originally Posted by portcityblackandgold View Post
    Steeler Steve I'm feelin you "You know what F*** the Pats," and steelcitysfinestXL ease up, I agree the schedule is setting up well. But we gotta knock the schedule wall down one brick at a time. Now the mortar on some of those bricks is crumblin as we speak. But we're gonna have to sledgehammer some of those f*ckers especailly those ones with ratbird sh*t on them.
    Not really sure why you are telling me to "ease up" Im simply stating, look at the title of the thread "...the schedule still sets up well for them" !!! This thread was intended for us, as fans, to look ahead at what is shaping up to be a pretty good schedule. I played football my whole life, i know as a team you must take each game and place it as your highest priority, and devote all focus on DEN this week!!! Tomlin is preaching it - the team is buying into it- ITS ALL GOOD!!! And i know that teams can turn it around in the blink of an eye so looking ahead may be a moot point, but its fun and im bored!!! LOL!!! 12 hour midnight shifts 7 days a week 40+ days at a time... thats what living in Pittsburgh gets you, one blue collar *** job!!!LOL and i wouldnt change it for the world!!!

Thread Information