Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers get some help today and dont schedule still sets up well for them...

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick portcityblackandgold's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Lets take a good look at the Patriots, who they've played and how do those teams defenses rank when stacked along side the Steel Curtain. DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE And another point, you can't score 30 plus when the Steelers offense is eatin up the clock. What I see from the Pats, Colts, Bungles, and few other teams looks suspiciously like Arena Football. No knock on Arena football its entertaining. THIS IS THE NFL AND DEFENSE WILL ALWAYS WIN GAMES. Receivers dont want to catch it when they get cold cocked one good time, ask whosyourmomma... Backs dont take up the middle to strong after they get DECLEATED THATS STEELER FOOTBALL....TAKE NO PRISONERS
    Last edited by portcityblackandgold; 10-15-2007 at 03:38 PM.

Anutha fine masterpiece by the picasso of sigs K-Train

My Mood
    Clowns
    You definitely do make some good points I doubt the Pats will face a defense or a team as good and balanced all around other then the Colts then the Steelers this season. Time of possession will definitely be a key in that game with the Pats. If the Steelers are able to possess and keep the football and sustain some long drives then Tom Brady and that Pats offense cant hurt you at all when its not on the field. And when Brady is on the field the Steelers MUST get to him and get to him often. They need to put the heat on him as much as possible and be physical with guys like Moss and Stallworth who dont like to go over the middle and get hit at all if you watch them close enough. If they can do those things and get some good special teams play which they have the capability of doing all of those then they have a great chance to beat the Pats. Lets keep in mind though the Steelers still have 7 games to play before they play the Pats on December 9th. The key as Ive been saying for weeks now will be to win these next 2 games on the road at Denver and Cincy which at this point considering the way both those teams are playing is looking much easier then it was lets say a month or so ago.

If the Steelers do this and get to 6-1 heading into November they will be in great shape to pretty much win there next 5 games before the Pats game on December 9th with 4 out of those 5 being at home and the only road game behind at New York against a bad Jets team. There is just no way at this point that I see the Ravens,Browns,Dolphins or Bengals coming in here in November to Heinz Field the way the Steelers are playing at home this year so far, and the way those teams are playing right now, there is no way I see any of those teams beating the Steelers at home its just not going to happen. The Steelers should be able to take care of the Jets as well on the road in between.

So the bottom line is as Ive been saying beat Denver and Cincy on the road the next 2 weeks with 4 out of the next 5 at home to follow, and 11-1 going into the Pats game not only looks possible, it almost looks like a guarantee.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by portcityblackandgold View Post
    ONE GAME AT A TIME DENVER IS THE NEXT VICTIM. Lets not even mention 15 and 1, thats a curse.
    I havent said we would go 15-1, all I have said is that 12-4 is a very realistic expectation considering that there are usually letdowns every once in a while, but if things do fall into place then we should be able to expect alot more, I also agree with you about not buying into the Patriots hype, they do have a hell of an offense no doubt. I just dont think that their defense is near as good as ours. The main problem I see is that we usually get pressure with our linebackers when in the case with the Pats, I think that our d-line needs to get to him because of his quick release and ability to pick up blitzes

For all the people sayin "one game at a time" "take care of DEN 1st" start a denver thread!!!! This thread is about how our schedule shapes up and thats what we should be posting about.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    The Only problem with the games we have coming up are that they are against teams alot of people thought we be playoff teams!!!
    Sunday, Oct. 21 @ Broncos 8:15 p.m. - The broncos we're bounced from the playoffs last year by the Chiefs and a season finale loss to SF. This team was expected to compete with SD for the West.

Sunday, Oct. 28 @ Bengals 1 p.m. -Were considered a much better team than us and Maybe the class of the division.

Monday, Nov. 5 vs. Ravens 8:30 p.m. -Destroed us in 2 games last year and we the AFCN Champs, were a considered a SB contender in preseason

Sunday, Nov. 11 vs. Browns 1 p.m. still Cleveland

Sunday, Nov. 18* @ Jets 1 p.m. Until the season started this was considered an upstart team and with w/ Thomas Jones and a healthy Pennington (<---Oxy-Moron) were considered a wild card team

Monday, Nov. 26 vs. Dolphins 8:30 p.m. Poor Peezy

Sunday, Dec. 2* vs. Bengals *see above*

My point is none of those teams (minus the browns) were rated this poorly in the preseason. Not that i belive the "experts" and thier preseason hype... but these teams are basically all hitting rock bottom and have no where to go but up. And as much as we as steeler fans like to be "underappreciated" by the media types, i think the cats gonna be let out of the bag here soon!!! I would to say i see us at 14-2 beating NE on the 9th, and only dropping one more game!!!!
    Last edited by steelcitysfinestXL; 10-15-2007 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Mood
    Clowns
    Your right you cannot overlook any game by any means what so ever but the bottom line in my opinion if your going to have a shot to win in the playoffs this year and go to the Super Bowl in the AFC you have to get either a bye week or homefield advantage. The Steelers simply do not want to push there luck by having to play a wildcard game, then games at Indy and New England which in all likelihood will be the case if the Steelers do not get a 1 or 2 seed. Its not impossible to do seeing that we beat the odds as the 6 seed two year ago and won the Super Bowl, but the fact of the matter is its just a position the Steelers do not want to be in. Its why you have to start looking ahead to the schedule and these games. Now every game that you mentioned on there the Steelers should flat out win before they play the Pats. Im going to assume and say the Pats will only lose to the Colts before they play the Steelers. The Steelers at the very worst MUST go 6-1 I believe in these next 7 games before the Pats game if there going to have any shot at all of getting the top seed over the Pats. The Pats would be 11-1 going into that game and the Steelers would be 10-2. So if you go into that game only a game behind and you win the game you then have the same record as the Pats and own the tiebraker head to head by virtue of beating them.

The Steelers definitely cannot afford to overlook anybody no doubt about it and I dont think they are and wont, but at the same time Tomlin and his players and staff have got to be focusing and paying attention to what the Pats and Colts are doing along with the games they have coming up before the Pats game on December 9th. Because at this point the only 2 teams in the AFC the Steelers need to worry about are the Pats and Colts. Its why I been saying the Steelers are going to have to either go 7-0 the next 7 games before the Pats game or at the very worst 6-1. If they dont do this you can pretty much forget homefield advantage and possibly even the bye week.

I agree!!! We would be best suited to lose no more than 1 more game, and hopelfully its not to NE. And looking at our schedule and how close the CIN. games are, i think its in our best interest to BLOW THEM OUT and run it up if possible. Kinda like BAL. did to us last year, it sticks in the back of your mind The next game, get them down by 10+ and they should roll right over!!!! The divisional games is where i worry about our record!!!!

our guys will be pumped for baltimore

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    For all the people sayin "one game at a time" "take care of DEN 1st" start a denver thread!!!! This thread is about how our schedule shapes up and thats what we should be posting about.
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    The Only problem with the games we have coming up are that they are against teams alot of people thought we be playoff teams!!!
    Sunday, Oct. 21 @ Broncos 8:15 p.m. - The broncos we're bounced from the playoffs last year by the Chiefs and a season finale loss to SF. This team was expected to compete with SD for the West.

Sunday, Oct. 28 @ Bengals 1 p.m. -Were considered a much better team than us and Maybe the class of the division.

Monday, Nov. 5 vs. Ravens 8:30 p.m. -Destroed us in 2 games last year and we the AFCN Champs, were a considered a SB contender in preseason

Sunday, Nov. 11 vs. Browns 1 p.m. still Cleveland

Sunday, Nov. 18* @ Jets 1 p.m. Until the season started this was considered an upstart team and with w/ Thomas Jones and a healthy Pennington (<---Oxy-Moron) were considered a wild card team

Monday, Nov. 26 vs. Dolphins 8:30 p.m. Poor Peezy

Sunday, Dec. 2* vs. Bengals *see above*

My point is none of those teams (minus the browns) were rated this poorly in the preseason. Not that i belive the "experts" and thier preseason hype... but these teams are basically all hitting rock bottom and have no where to go but up. And as much as we as steeler fans like to be "underappreciated" by the media types, i think the cats gonna be let out of the bag here soon!!! I would to say i see us at 14-2 beating NE on the 9th, and only dropping one more game!!!!
    I know what this thread is about....But thats why I don't like looking to far ahead.....Sure everybody breaks down the schedule...I do it to...But just because some games look like for sure wins now don't mean they will be.....Just look in 2001 when the Steelers were 13-3 in the regular season...One of their three loses that year was to the sorry Bengals...lol That game looked like a sure win that wasn't...lol

I agree the schedule looks promising but I'm still taking the one game at a time approach.....Its the NFL were anything can happen on any Given Sunday....Just like this Sunday....I think the Steelers should kick the living shiat out of the Broncos since the Broncos D can't stop the run and Cutler is going against a Coach LeBeau defense for the first time....But still the Broncos could come out and play lights out and win the game to.....

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Your right you cannot overlook any game by any means what so ever but the bottom line in my opinion if your going to have a shot to win in the playoffs this year and go to the Super Bowl in the AFC you have to get either a bye week or homefield advantage. The Steelers simply do not want to push there luck by having to play a wildcard game, then games at Indy and New England which in all likelihood will be the case if the Steelers do not get a 1 or 2 seed. Its not impossible to do seeing that we beat the odds as the 6 seed two year ago and won the Super Bowl, but the fact of the matter is its just a position the Steelers do not want to be in. Its why you have to start looking ahead to the schedule and these games. Now every game that you mentioned on there the Steelers should flat out win before they play the Pats. Im going to assume and say the Pats will only lose to the Colts before they play the Steelers. The Steelers at the very worst MUST go 6-1 I believe in these next 7 games before the Pats game if there going to have any shot at all of getting the top seed over the Pats. The Pats would be 11-1 going into that game and the Steelers would be 10-2. So if you go into that game only a game behind and you win the game you then have the same record as the Pats and own the tiebraker head to head by virtue of beating them.

The Steelers definitely cannot afford to overlook anybody no doubt about it and I dont think they are and wont, but at the same time Tomlin and his players and staff have got to be focusing and paying attention to what the Pats and Colts are doing along with the games they have coming up before the Pats game on December 9th. Because at this point the only 2 teams in the AFC the Steelers need to worry about are the Pats and Colts. Its why I been saying the Steelers are going to have to either go 7-0 the next 7 games before the Pats game or at the very worst 6-1. If they dont do this you can pretty much forget homefield advantage and possibly even the bye week.
    In some ways I wouldn't care to much if we lost to the pats only because if we do meet in the playoffs it will be the steelers that are pissed and trying to get revenge. Actually a better thing to do would be to win and win convincingly. Then we could get homefield advantage and knock the Pats around at home. You know what F*** the Pats, they are all soft little pansies and we are way better than them, I am calling it now. They can have the high profile recievers and qb's but there is no way we will get pushed around by them. We are way more physical than them and they are going to get beat up and the Steelers will win it easy: 34-18 there it is, my official prediction

Draft Pick portcityblackandgold's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Steeler Steve I'm feelin you "You know what F*** the Pats," and steelcitysfinestXL ease up, I agree the schedule is setting up well. But we gotta knock the schedule wall down one brick at a time. Now the mortar on some of those bricks is crumblin as we speak. But we're gonna have to sledgehammer some of those f*ckers especailly those ones with ratbird sh*t on them.

Anutha fine masterpiece by the picasso of sigs K-Train

Thread Information