Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Najeh Davenport, faced a judge...pleads not guilty

Bookmark and Share

Najeh Davenport, faced a judge...pleads not guilty

Steelers player appears in Cleveland court

Created: 10/15/2007 11:22:51 AM
    Updated:10/15/2007 11:30:37 AM

CLEVELAND -- Pittsburgh Steelers' halfback, Najeh Davenport, faced a judge in a Cleveland courtroom Monday.
    Davenport pleaded not guilty to charges related to an alleged domestic dispute involving a child custody matter with the mother of his 5-year-old child.

Davenport is charged with one count each of first degree misdemeanors domestic violence and endangering children. He also faces a count of unlawful restraint, a third degree misdemeanor.

Police say they responded to a 911 call involving Davenport and the mother of his child back on October 4th.

A judge set bond at $7500 for Davenport.

I still feel like there is something wierd about this entire story.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    I sure hope this gets resolved quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
    I sure hope this gets resolved quickly.
    I really believe it will. It just doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by BBG7 View Post
    I really believe it will. It just doesn't add up.
    I know it. But I don't get why if the Mother was going against legit court papers that he had legal visitation, wouldn't send clothing and actually tried to pull the child from a moving car, as we've heard, that the officers wouldn't have and then afterwards the district attorney didn't file charges against her? The whole thing doesn't make sense. I just wish he would have had an officer go with him to pick up that child from the start.......

2nd String
    when the police were on the scene they didn't arrest anyone because they couldn't tell who was the aggressor! that tells u something, i don't c anything happening 2 najeh if the paper work says she is 2 have clothes 4 the child, thenn he had an right 2 ask her 2 provide some clothes 4 the child, i do believe that had he put his hands on her she would of had marks on her, remember the police didn't arrest anyone the day of the incident these charges r bogus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    **edited the thread title to include that he plead not guility

I still feel like there is something wierd about this entire story.
    Indeed, there's more to this than meets the eye and what we've heard just doesn't make enough sense. Hopefully this all comes out and Najeh gets cleared of all these charges.

I still think at this point this chick is just some gold digging nightmare that just wants some of Davs money !

Judge set a pretty low bond, considering it is a pro football player, and the welfare of a child involved, IMO this bears some weight as to his opinion of the severity of charges. Historically, Pros get high bail. Right or wrong, when someone makes more than the judge, especially significantly more, bail is usually pretty steep. Toss in that it is a case that involves a child, which I would think raise it also.
    Just a thought... course it might just be pickin flyshiat out of pepper.
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

Quote Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
    I know it. But I don't get why if the Mother was going against legit court papers that he had legal visitation, wouldn't send clothing and actually tried to pull the child from a moving car, as we've heard, that the officers wouldn't have and then afterwards the district attorney didn't file charges against her? The whole thing doesn't make sense. I just wish he would have had an officer go with him to pick up that child from the start.......
    I know...this could have all been avoided if he would have had an officer go with him. However, maybe he didn'[t realize it would get to this point in the first place. Maybe he thought everything was cool, showed up, and the woman went crazy. I don't know, but I am really not understanding that entire story and how she didn't have a mark on her after he was supposedly punching her over and over again. Are you going to tell me that an NFL player isn't going to leave a mark on her after supposedly punching her...however he had scratches all over. Doesn't add up-there's a reaason none of the officers on the scene arrested anyone...

I know...this could have all been avoided if he would have had an officer go with him. However, maybe he didn'[t realize it would get to this point in the first place. Maybe he thought everything was cool, showed up, and the woman went crazy. I don't know, but I am really not understanding that entire story and how she didn't have a mark on her after he was supposedly punching her over and over again. Are you going to tell me that an NFL player isn't going to leave a mark on her after supposedly punching her...however he had scratches all over. Doesn't add up-there's a reaason none of the officers on the scene arrested anyone...
    I may be tainted in my thinking somewhat because of my job. I just normally don't find that one party who has shown up for a scheduled visit that both are aware of, and the other party just suddenly goes nuts when he gets to the door. Not saying it couldn't happen, it's just not my experience. Obviously it's just a guess on my part, but I would imagine that he knew there would be some kind of issue. He may not have known what extent it would go to though. That's why I repeated that I wish he had covered himself and taken an officer to begin with. I completely agree with you that it doesn't make sense that she wouldn't have been bruised if he had hit her and that he wouldn't have been arrested at the scene. It also doesn't make sense that she wouldn't have been arrested if he had scratches all over him. I just don't think that enough facts have come out yet to figure out why he would now be brought up on charges and what the real story is. Again, I just hope it can be resolved quickly for everyone's sake....especially the kid.

Thread Information