Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Davenport In Trouble with the Law

Bookmark and Share
    Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar

Davenport In Trouble with the Law

Looks like the Dump Truck is now officially a wanted man in Cleveland ....

http://kdka.com/steelers/local_story_278143230.html

http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Police Release 911 Tapes Of Davenport Dispute

(KDKA) PITTSBURGH Cleveland police investigating a domestic dispute involving a Pittsburgh Steeler have released 911 tapes from three people – including one from a witness who described a man punching a woman.

According to police, an apparent custody dispute led to an altercation between Steelers Running Back Najeh Davenport and the mother of his 5-year-old son, Anita Person, last night in Ohio.

A woman who asked not to be identified told emergency dispatchers about "a situation" in which a woman and "her baby's father" were arguing. "He was just punching all on her and she was screaming, 'help.'"

The anonymous caller went on to say that the man "keeps circling around the block."

Davenport, however, denied the claims that he hit Person -- telling a Cleveland television station that he never touched the woman.

He says the trouble started when he went to pick up his son for a custody visit. He says he had court paperwork stating that he could pick up his son for visitation; but Person grabbed the little boy out of his moving vehicle and took off.

"I got a court order to pick up my son," Davenport told a 911 operator, "and when I came to pick him up, she said I had to take him as is – with no clothes. And it's in the order that she has to provide clothes for him."

"When I left," Davenport added, "when I was pulling out with my sons in my car. She jumped in my car to take him back.. out of a moving car!"

Police did not arrest anyone involved in the incident. In a statement, Cleveland police said: Officers responding to the scene of the dispute gathered information from both parties to the dispute as well as witnesses. No arrests were made as investigating officers were unable to determine a primary physical aggressor in the dispute.

The parties involved, however, could still pursue charges against each other.

Stay with KDKA for more on this story

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland

Davenport Charged

http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/...Y&pageId=6.1.1

Steeler RB Charged for Domestic Incident in Cleveland
    Last Edited: Thursday, 11 Oct 2007, 8:09 PM EDT
    Created: Thursday, 11 Oct 2007, 8:09 PM EDT
    Pittsburgh Steelers running back Najeh Davenport has been charged with domestic violence, endangering children and unlawful restraint.
    SideBar

Related Items
    Stories
    Contact Fox 8
    Links
    Pittsburgh Steelers Website

After investigating an early October domestic incident involving 29-year-old Najeh Davenport, the Cleveland Police department announced today that charges have been brought against the Pittsburgh Steeler's running back.

According to Cleveland Police Lt. Thomas Stacho, Davenport has been charged with domestic violence, endangering children and unlawful restraint.

Davenport is not currently in custody and will be given a chance to surrender to police on the charges.

On Thursday, October 4th, at 8:52 p.m., Cleveland Police investigated a report of a domestic dispute at 1374 E.115 Street.

According to Stacho, the incident involved Davenport and the mother of his 5-year old child, Anita Person, 27, of Cleveland.

The dispute resulted from a custody matter involving Davenport's and Person's child.

Cleveland Police received three 9-1-1 calls between 8:45 p.m. and 9:02 p.m. from individuals at the house where the incident took place.

No arrests were initially made as officers were unable to determine the primary physical aggressor in the dispute.

If convicted Davenport could face more than 1 year in jail, 6 months for domestic violence, 6 months for endangering children and 60 days for unlawful restraint.

Just freaking great! Uggghhhhh!

Tailgate Coordinator
    WTF! Well, what can you say about this? If true, we need to, well I hate to say what we have to do.

I'm A "Champion"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I don't think he will serve any jail time.......Its not like he has a track record....only shitting in a female students closet while he was at the U...lol As for domestic violence.....Its such a touchy subject and I really don't know the facts since I wasn't there...But I can't stand women beaters.....But when there is kids involved people do crazy things...I hold judgment on Dookie when more of the facts become more clear.....Still never good when a Steeler is in the police radar......Maybe we can lay of the Bengals and jail cracks now...lol

lol one alledged arrest will not make up for 11 convictions lol

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol one alledged arrest will not make up for 11 convictions lol
    No it doesn't but still maybe karma is biting us in the ***..lol I don't like to spit into the wind....

he played at miami.....this was to be expected

I don't think anything will happen with this. Like B@G said, I wasn't there, but it seems like the mother was as much at fault as he was. I guess time will tell.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

2nd String
    i know the parties n questions i know the female i use 2 work out with her, she had no marks on her, but najeh had marks on him he's not an woman beater!!! so if they didn't arrest him at the scene when police arrive how r u gonna determine three days later he's guilty? this is bull shiaaaaaaaaat

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he played at miami.....this was to be expected
    true very true..... Hey players are not perfect.........so Davenport maybe made a mistake so I can give him a second chance......if it is found he is guilty..... I just hate the fact a Steelers player is in trouble with the law.....lol

Thread Information