Take Back the Brisket
Found this one over on www.TailgateFan.com. What’s a barbecue without beef… lots and lots of delicious beef? But sometimes it’s just not possible to bring the grill to the game. Here’s an easy crock pot brisket recipe that’s guaranteed to produce delicious results. Do it all the night before, and spend those precious pre-game hours tailgating rather than toiling over a hot grill.
* 1 large 4 1/2-5 pound brisket
* 1 large 16-ounce can diced tomatoes
* 1 small 4-ounce can tomato paste
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 2 chopped onions, sauteed in a little olive oil
* 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
* 2 cups fingerling potatoes or potatoes cut up into 1-inch chunks
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Pour one tablespoon of olive oil into a very large frying pan.
2. Heat over med-high heat.
3. Sear the chunk of brisket on each side. (Browning it for a few minutes on each side helps keep the juices in while it cooks.)
4. Add half of all the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.
5. Add the brisket on top of that.
6. Add the other half of the remaining ingredients on top of the brisket.
7. Cook in the slow cooker for 6 hours.
There is nothing better than a good brisket!!!! and that sounds amaizing!!!!