Opening day O-line?
it might be a little too early for these talks but im bored of studying for my material science final. i was wondering what you all thought the starting OL will look like next year? here are some of the options we have open to us at this point:
1. Starks,Kemo,Hartwig,Stapelton,Colon (same as last year, probably best chance that this is it, the whole "time to gel" thing)
2. Starks,Kemo,hartwig,Urbik,Colon (stapleton is replaced, Urbik steps up)
3. Starks,Kemo,hartwig,Urbik,Hills (revamp the right side)
4. Starks,Colon,Stapelton,Urbik,Hills (a major revamping of the oline i think this could make sense but it is way too radical with the way the steelers operate
5. Hills,Kemo,Stapelton,Urbik,Cappizi/Fauster/Essex (hills has been Juiceing up all off-season :lol: and we are thinking towards the future)(Ben dies) :eek1:
so what do you all think its going to be? Also, if Urbik beats out Stapelton for the RG spot do you think he could take over the center duties, it is his natural position?
I like 5 no wait 2 wait a minute 4 wait wait 1 but 3 mite work as well
i think i am leaning towards number 4
I choose number one, the O-line played much better by the end of last season. The longer those guys play together, the better they will be, imo.
EASY... ODDS ARE #1, SLIM CHANCE #2
Urbik steps up and replaces colon by midseason.
Matt Williamson (ESPN) just went on record saying that Urbik has the best chance to start immediately out of any of the o lineman drafted.
I change my vote to Starks,Kemo,Stapleton,Urbik,Hills
#1 the original O line from last year is most likely going to be the starting lineup for this year unless someone gets hurt or one of the new guys reall steps up. Regardless of what anyone says that was a suberbowl winning O line and on top of that there only going to get better with experience and chemistry.
I hope number one, unless starks doesnt sign long term, then I am not sure, I am afraid of having both starting tackles on the last year of their contract. That is what forced us to franchise Starks in the first place. So, if that is the case, I would really like to see Hills starting by midseason. So that we have at least one starting tackle under contract for the 2010 season.
I hope it's Starks, Kemo, Stapelton,Urbik an Hills:crossfingers: but it will probably be #1:rant2:
#1 but #4 sounds pretty good.