PDA

View Full Version : IT'S ABOUT TIME SOMEBODY SAID IT!!!

DBR96A
10-08-2007, 12:44 AM
"He's been the reason for all the success they've had here today. And what I mean by that, Joe, is that it'll be easy for everyone who hasn't watched this game closely to go back and say, 'wow, they really ran the ball well. They ran it for [100+] yards.' But Ben Roethlisberger is the guy who kept them in it when they couldn't run the ball through the first half and into the third quarter. And then overcoming some of those third and long situations. He just played exceptional here today."

Holy ****! It only took, oh, three goddamn seasons for SOMEBODY to say it! Thank you, Troy! :banana::tt02::cope::helmet::cope::tt02::banana:

K Train
10-08-2007, 12:46 AM
ben is alot like aikman, hes not gonna wow you with numbers but he is money.

if ben has any shot at the HOF, i hope he watched aikmans induction speech cause he would do it just like that

BlitzburghRockCity
10-08-2007, 12:51 AM
**edit'd your thread title so we keep things kosher for everyone who reads, posts, and lurks :bigthumb:

Give them time, the critics will be out in full force the next time Ben struggles or the team has a sub par performance. Hell even an average performance coupled with a win won't be enough to silence everyone but I agree it's nice to see somebody in the national media recognize Ben for the rising star that he is capable of being in this league.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-08-2007, 12:56 AM
I thought this was one of Ben's best games.....I know he only had 200 some yards and a TD....But to complete 13 straight passes and only to miss 4 passes all game without Ward and Holmes says something about what kind of QB Big Ben is.....I think he can be one of the best in the game and so far he is off to a great start this year.....With Ward and Holmes back after the bye....I see some big games from Ben........especially if teams want to stack 8-9 guys in the box to stop the Steelers running game....

BR7
10-08-2007, 01:13 AM
I like when Aikman and Buck call games. Both those dudes IMO are pretty intelligent, unlike last weeks Gumble/Dierdorf combo who like to dangle on Manning/Brady's sack.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-08-2007, 01:34 AM
I thought this was one of Ben's best games.....I know he only had 200 some yards and a TD....But to complete 13 straight passes and only to miss 4 passes all game without Ward and Holmes says something about what kind of QB Big Ben is.....I think he can be one of the best in the game and so far he is off to a great start this year.....With Ward and Holmes back after the bye....I see some big games from Ben........especially if teams want to stack 8-9 guys in the box to stop the Steelers running game....

I'll take those numbers from Ben every week if it means we have a successful running game and an overall balanced attack on offense. :yesnod:

Dee Mca
10-08-2007, 06:09 AM
Like my daddy always said you have to run he ball well to establish a good passing game. By what he did in college you know he can throw the bll. Just needs the time . Thats where the ground game comes in.

Mike Tomlin
10-08-2007, 08:20 AM
The reason we ran the ball well in the second half is because Ben spread the field and kept the D honest. That opened up plenty of lanes in the second half. Basically Ben had them scared to put 8 in the box in fear of the long ball.That's saying a lot considering the we were starting a 3rd and 4th receiver.

DIESELMAN
10-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Props to Ben for having a good game and not folding under the Seahwaks pressure today. He is steadily showing last year was a fluke, by the end of the year he will rank in the top 10 for QB's.

GoBenGo
10-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Every team echoes the same sentiment before they play us :" we have to stop the ground game , and make Ben beat us." That philosophy plays right into the Steelers favor!
I love it! Ben is the man, Staight up MONEY!
And the alternative is even more exciting: when everyone shifts to stop Ben , then Fast Willie and Big Dookie will light them up!
ROLL ON, STEEL MACHINE!
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

steelersgal86
10-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Props to Ben for having a good game and not folding under the Seahwaks pressure today. He is steadily showing last year was a fluke, by the end of the year he will rank in the top 10 for QB's.

:iagree:

GoBenGo
10-08-2007, 09:45 AM
I like when Aikman and Buck call games. Both those dudes IMO are pretty intelligent, unlike last weeks Gumble/Dierdorf combo who like to dangle on Manning/Brady's sack.
Or Madden! I think Madden used the word "Brett" 75 times before kickoff! Welcome to SNF ( sunday night favreball)!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
I do think Buck and Acheman provide an intelligent commentary on the games. Not overloaded with inflated opinions,egos, and personal references. Just good insightful info.
Achey even commented before kickoff about the experience and intelligence of steeler fans at the Heinz. He complimented the stadium goers for how quiet they get for our offense, and how loud they get for D.
It is shown on the SeaHucks first possesion, false start!
Best Damn Fans In The Land

black an gold 4 life
10-08-2007, 11:54 AM
4 this offense 2 go ben has 2 be spreading the ball in the 1st quarter he look scare we have 2 give him better protection ( o-line) id were gonna make some noise this year we need an new offense line period!!!!!!!!!!

dick rasile
10-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Consider yourself lucky that you got to watch the game. One would think that a Super bowl rematch would be a huge game for slipping ratings but NO. Us poor buttheads in Northeastern Ohio get the whole networked Blacked Out when the suck team up north plays. That my friend is why Art Model will never be elected into the HOF. He's the SOB that started the stupid black out rule and it was for one reason. When he and his family filled their pockets with the teams money, he packed up the team and headed east for even more money.
I hate that Middle East bastard more then I dislike the Browns and Mastercard.

JB 67
10-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Sorry you had to miss it nice to shut those whining Seahawks fans up :cope:

GoBenGo
10-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Consider yourself lucky that you got to watch the game. One would think that a Super bowl rematch would be a huge game for slipping ratings but NO. Us poor buttheads in Northeastern Ohio get the whole networked Blacked Out when the suck team up north plays. That my friend is why Art Model will never be elected into the HOF. He's the SOB that started the stupid black out rule and it was for one reason. When he and his family filled their pockets with the teams money, he packed up the team and headed east for even more money.
I hate that Middle East bastard more then I dislike the Browns and Mastercard.
Bummer Dude. I also saw that the Rams fans didn't think enough of their team to attend their game. Rams/ Cards blacked out.
Glad I don't have to deal with that.
When the Steelernation comes to town, we will make sure their stands are full. We'll travel anywhere to root the Black and Gold.

K Train
10-08-2007, 12:53 PM
ben just knew he was gonna complete those passes, he was so confident all day

Mike Tomlin
10-08-2007, 02:17 PM
ben just knew he was gonna complete those passes, he was so confident all day
That's what I missed about him last year, he had no confidence in his arm or O-line. Glad he's got it back:cope:

GoBenGo
10-08-2007, 02:19 PM
:bigthumb:
Holy shiat! It only took, oh, three goddamn seasons for SOMEBODY to say it! Thank you, Troy! :banana::tt02::cope::helmet::cope::tt02::banana:
Yeah, at the onset I was afraid it was going to be another long day of 3rd and longs. Still had more than we would want. Would have had an easier day if they lived at 3rd and short.:bigthumb:

black an gold 4 life
10-09-2007, 01:25 AM
remember everyone's he's only 25 still wet behind the ears lol, i had 2 remind myself 2 day that hell he is only 25,ben will b alright he just has 2 realize 5 yards is just as good as an 1st down, it's ok 2 get five instead of trying 2 get an big play every down this ain't college football..............