PDA

View Full Version : If nothing else was proved today.........

Stlrs4Life
10-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Dan Kreider deserves to be in the backfield as the starting FB over Davis. willie ran way better in there today while he was in play. Also look at both of Najehs' TDs. Kreider made way for him on both occasions.

Troyisabeast_43
10-07-2007, 08:42 PM
I agree Kreider should be in there now after seeing what he did today. He blocks much better then Davis and can wear guys out especially in the later part of the games if there close. Hopefully Tomlin will do this and stick Kreider in there a lot more often then not, and then eventually start him full time once again.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2007, 09:06 PM
:iagree: I've been saying the same thing too, this was a game where Danny proved his worth to the team and I hope Tomlin gives him more chances.

Willie did run well in the first 3 games against average defenses and Kreider came in mainly for mop up duty in the 2nd half but today against a team where they were known for sending the house; selling out to stop the run, Kreider and Parker were excellent today.

SteelerFan87
10-07-2007, 09:08 PM
I have seen nothing from Davis so far. Yeah he had a great preseason, but alot of guys do, and that doesn't guarantee success in the regular season. I'd rather see Russell than Davis, because I think Russell is a better pure runner, and he's a little bigger.

But that's at HB. I definitely agree Kreider should be getting more playing time at FB. I don't even get how they thought Davis would make a good FB, given how we use FBs in this offense.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2007, 09:36 PM
With Kreider in his last year of his contract and clearly he will cost more than Davis to keep around I think they were/are hoping that he'd be up to the task to carry the load but they kept Danny around for insurance and so far this year it's Kreider who they've gone too in crunch time. The man is a top FB in the league and I don't care what Arians says, he is vital to our team and he's shown that time after time. Willie more comfortable with him in the game and the offense is more potent especially in the red zone when Kreider is in the lineup.

MDSteel15
10-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Somebody better wake the heck up around here! Davis looks good in those colors, BUT Dan looks even better feeding players pancakes for lunch baby:cope:

K Train
10-07-2007, 11:09 PM
hop off kreiders ****, they are both pretty much interchangable

SteelerFan87
10-07-2007, 11:21 PM

Are you kidding me? Kreider is consistently one of the best blocking FB in the league, while Davis has done nothing. He hasn't blocked all that well, he hasn't run all that well, and he hasn't even done much catching passes out of the backfield.

TEEMONT
10-07-2007, 11:50 PM

Dude, go look in the mirror, and smack yourself in the face. Obviously when it comes to running or catching, you want Davis in there, but Kreider is an extra lineman.

K Train
10-07-2007, 11:53 PM
willie has ran fine behind davis in the first 3 games.....just because arizona molested us last week doesnt mean kreider is the savior to our running game because we put up our normal #s today, like i said....either or

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2007, 11:56 PM
They are hardly interchangeable man. Kreider is tough and knows how to block plus he is a decent receiver in the flat as well. The running game is just different when he's in there. If Davis was so good then why is Tomlin constantly going to Danny in crunch time, or when he wants to run out the clock.

Davis may be good in time but right now Kreider is a key player for us.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Its all about situations and game plans for different teams....When we need tough yards for key first downs or TDs in the red zone then we will see Dan Kreider.......So Dan won't be a forgotten man on this team......

Ambridge
10-08-2007, 12:45 AM
They are hardly interchangeable man. Kreider is tough and knows how to block plus he is a decent receiver in the flat as well. The running game is just different when he's in there. If Davis was so good then why is Tomlin constantly going to Danny in crunch time, or when he wants to run out the clock.

Davis may be good in time but right now Kreider is a key player for us.

Dan Kreider brings the Angry-"Tough Guy" presence/attitude when he's in the game.
IMO Davis is a BUM and a waste of a roster spot and Bruce Arians is a total jackass if he fostered the notion that Kreider is expendable.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-08-2007, 12:52 AM
... Bruce Arians is a total jackass if he fostered the notion that Kreider is expendable.

That about sums it all up !! :tt02::tt02:

BR7
10-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Davis is 'supposed' to be the better reciever of the two. Thought that was part of Arians master plan to make Dan expendable, because he lacks in receiving. How many receptions does he have? 4? Way to go Bruce! :scratch:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-08-2007, 01:37 AM
Just when you think Bruce finally gets it all together and calls a good game today where we are balanced on offense, where Ben is making good decisions and both running backs are being productive...you still have to scratch you're head on why Davis either isn't on the PS or atleast playing backup and Danny is the regular FB. The longer this year goes on and more Dan is involved it will be more apparent that this team needs him and they better keep his *** around if you ask me.

AZ_Steeler
10-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Something is definitely having an effect on the Steelers running game and right now the only thing different is Krieder and Davis... I think they should switch it up one week just to see how things go because Davis back there isn't helping and if anything has caused the Steelers to take a step back.

Yes they are still getting the huge yards during the game but a lot of them have come in big chunks and when they were milking the clock.

ARKIESTEEL
10-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Just when you think Bruce finally gets it all together and calls a good game today where we are balanced on offense, where Ben is making good decisions and both running backs are being productive...you still have to scratch you're head on why Davis either isn't on the PS or atleast playing backup and Danny is the regular FB. The longer this year goes on and more Dan is involved it will be more apparent that this team needs him and they better keep his *** around if you ask me.:plus1::plus1:

Yep Dan is the man .... Davis goes down way to easy when tackled ....we shouldnt be running the FB any way....Kick Davis out and bring back Khun

black an gold 4 life
10-08-2007, 11:59 AM
i'm with u k-train, did it come 2 mind that untill the entire line started moving people around they couldn't run the ball? willie had 17 yards the 1st half.

GoBenGo
10-08-2007, 12:17 PM
:plus1::plus1:

Yep Dan is the man .... Davis goes down way to easy when tackled ....we shouldnt be running the FB any way....Kick Davis out and bring back Khun
Kreider seemed to get higher percentage plays, and that is probably because he is the established FB. I like the flashes I have seen of Davis though. I think with a double threat at FB is a great asset.
Put them both back there with Wille and wing-bone it!:tt02:

K Train
10-08-2007, 12:46 PM
bring back kuhn? wtf? cant just bring back a player that signed with the packers....plus hes a bum anyway, davis is at least good on ST, you guys just like kreider to much, they are both good fullbacks

ARKIESTEEL
10-08-2007, 04:27 PM
bring back kuhn? wtf? cant just bring back a player that signed with the packers....plus hes a bum anyway, davis is at least good on ST, you guys just like kreider to much, they are both good fullbacks

Sorry didnt know that Khun signed with them.........Dan Kreider is as good a blocking FB as there is in the NFL right now

Stlrs4Life
10-08-2007, 04:39 PM
because we put up our normal #s today, like i said....either or

What game were you watching yesterday? Willies numbers were not very good after the first Qtr. Davis isn't nothing. I'd bring up Russell, and try to trade Davis for a draft pick. And give Kreider a very well deserved pay raise.

K Train
10-08-2007, 04:45 PM
What game were you watching yesterday? Willies numbers were not very good after the first Qtr. Davis isn't nothing. I'd bring up Russell, and try to trade Davis for a draft pick. And give Kreider a very well deserved pay raise.

why dont you write his induction speech for him too

i never said he wasnt a good fullback, but thats what he is....a fullback, but yeah...."davis isnt nothing" cause you see him in practice everyday right? why dont you just make all the decisions?

Stlrs4Life
10-08-2007, 04:47 PM
I wish I could make all the decisions. Davis is a fine back up to Kreider.
I really do not think that the problem is Davis VS Kreider. The problem is the scheme goes away from Kreider. Arians likes sets that call for versatile players and Kreider does not fit that mold.

But, IMO, when you want to run, you run with Willie stacked behind Kreider. I think Kreider can catch and run well enough to see more time. IMO, Kreider is that type of unsung guy that will make our offensive unit better. He can pick up defensive players that slip through the cracks and make our OL look better than it is.

ARKIESTEEL
10-09-2007, 07:37 AM
I really do not think that the problem is Davis VS Kreider. The problem is the scheme goes away from Kreider. Arians likes sets that call for versatile players and Kreider does not fit that mold.

But, IMO, when you want to run, you run with Willie stacked behind Kreider. I think Kreider can catch and run well enough to see more time. IMO, Kreider is that type of unsung guy that will make our offensive unit better. He can pick up defensive players that slip through the cracks and make our OL look better than it is.

Well said Dom...........I dont think the Single back set is working to good for us except in the play action pass

K Train
10-09-2007, 11:56 AM
we killed the single back set when spaeth was healthy, it worked really good

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2007, 12:02 PM

:iagree:

Arians offense isn't for the typical smash mouth FB that we've been used to having but Kreider is versatile enough that he can catch the ball and be a key player for us. I don't care what kind of offense we think we are going to run there will always be times when you have to be able to line up, put a hat on a hat, and just impose your will on the defense and stuff it down their throat. When that time comes, Kreider is the guy you are looking for.

Stlrs4Life
10-09-2007, 08:37 PM
we killed the single back set when spaeth was healthy, it worked really good

Yeah, but we haven't ran it since.

K Train
10-09-2007, 09:33 PM
thats cause we need 3 TEs healthy, and when we did run it we ran i amazing

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2007, 10:35 PM
So then sit Davis and keep Kreider in there. It's not like he (Davis) is getting that much more work in the offense besides blocking, that Kreider ever did. The only thing Davis has over Kreider is that he's faster but so far that hasn't made that much difference.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm going to say it again certain situations and certain game plans will dictate how much time Dan Kreider will get during games.....So he won't be forgotten on this team.....Plus he isn't going to play forever....At some point we will have to get use not having Dan Kreider.......I really have no problem with Carey Davis starting...But one thing he isn't getting that many touches during games......I thought that was the purpose of having Carey Davis as the starting FB.....to use the FB more as a weapon? So if Bruce Arians is not even going to give Davis any carries or use him in the passing game....it does make it strange why he is starting in place of Dan Kreider....