PDA

View Full Version : Best Defense in the NFL

StlersGuy
10-07-2007, 08:19 PM
I think today we showed that we have the best D all around, no questions asked... you can try to run on us and well you will get no where... yes you can try to pass however that will not work because well we will get in there and knock your QB around...

So the best thing to do is just lay down and let the Black and Gold put the *** kicking you so have coming to you..... :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-07-2007, 09:48 PM
I think today we showed that we have the best D all around, no questions asked... you can try to run on us and well you will get no where... yes you can try to pass however that will not work because well we will get in there and knock your QB around...

So the best thing to do is just lay down and let the Black and Gold put the *** kicking you so have coming to you..... :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Long way to go yet buddy. Were not the best anything yet.

MDSteel15
10-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Long way to go yet buddy. Were not the best anything yet.

:nono: Not true!!! :nono: We ARE the best damn fans in the league!!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02: :plus1:

Mike Tomlin
10-08-2007, 08:22 AM
For what our defense does I think we are the best in the league. who's better, the Ravens? LOL!

DIESELMAN
10-08-2007, 09:23 AM
We've got a talented D thats for damn sure. We need to keep getting better and stronger, Thank the Lord Tomlin let LeBeau run the D by himself this year.

steelersgal86
10-08-2007, 09:40 AM
:nono: Not true!!! :nono: We ARE the best damn fans in the league!!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02: :plus1:..

:bigthumb::bigthumb:

GoBenGo
10-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Steelers Fans , united we stand-
Best Damn Fans In The Land!!!
Hard to argue the best D after shutting out a highly regarded offensive team, that had not been shut out in like 5 or 6 years!

AZ_Steeler
10-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Statistically the Steelers will probably be the best in the league now but stats don't mean anything... it's that big trophy you get at the end of the season! :bigthumb:

Here are the stats though:

NFL Defensive Rankings - Yahoo! (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Defense&cat=Rankings&conference=NFL&year=season_2007&sort=1130&old_category=Total&old_group=Defense)

GoBenGo
10-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Statistically the Steelers will probably be the best in the league now but stats don't mean anything... it's that big trophy you get at the end of the season! :bigthumb:

Here are the stats though:

NFL Defensive Rankings - Yahoo! (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Defense&cat=Rankings&conference=NFL&year=season_2007&sort=1130&old_category=Total&old_group=Defense)
It is what it is . Steelers have the best overall D.
Vikes have 1 rush D but almost next to last in passing, Donkeys stop the pass best, but cant't stop the run.big deal. Like saying we can handle your army, but can't hang with your airforce. One without the other don't mean mocca seeds!

TEEMONT
10-08-2007, 12:00 PM
As of now the Steelers are number 4 in rushing D, and number 2 in passing D.

All while giving up 9.4 points per game. We, as of this moment, are the best D in the NFL. We threw a shutout without 3 starters.

SteelerFan87
10-08-2007, 12:39 PM
You know we won't get any credit though. The "experts" will say we have a good D, but not the best. They'll still think the Pats are the best, just because they're the Pats. Hell, some might even still think the Ravens' D is better than ours. But from what I've seen, without a doubt the Steelers D is the best in the league. We've just dominated opposing offenses. The first few weeks you could say it was just because we weren't playing good opponents, but to SHUT OUT Seattle while missing 3 guys on D, 2 of which are perhaps the best in the league at their positions, you have to admit, the Steelers D is fearsome. And the best part is, I really don't think this is the best we can be. I think we can really improve alot. I think once Timmons and/or Woodley reach their potential they'll be improvements over Haggans and Harrison, McFadden still has room to grow and become a really good corner, Anthony Smith hasn't come close to fully reaching his potential yet, and Keisel will only get better as he gets more used to his new Polamalu-esque role.

Hawk Believer
10-08-2007, 06:06 PM
One thing that seemed unusual from yesterday's game... Usually, when you see a team get shut out, you would watch a highlight reel of the losing QB getting pummeled multiple times. But that didn't seem to happen yesterday. The Steelers front 3 did a great job stopping the run but weren't putting up a lot of pressure. When you guys did blitz 5 the Hawks o-line did a fine job picking it up.

So the Steelers allowed Hasselbeck to have a ton of time but stopped him by smothering all his options. It seems like your guys were totally keyed into the recievers and were able to stop the run as an after thought. I just can't think of a game that where the D was so dominant without an extensive pass rush. But maybe my perception of that was off. What do you guys think?

K Train
10-08-2007, 06:19 PM
you know why the losing QB didnt get pummeled?

he threw it away like 40 times

BlackGold4vr
10-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Here is where we rank.

#4 in yards per game/rushing

#2 in yards per game/passing

#1 in total yards per game

#1 in points per game allowed with 9.4

I believe we would have to be ranked #1 overall on defense.

Yet we are still not on the radar. That is good. Just like Ben said to a reporter when asked if the Steelers should be talked about with those teams (Colts & Pats), those are the 2 best teams in the league.....keep talking about them. I think Ben likes to play that underdog card.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-08-2007, 06:41 PM
I always like it when we're the underdog too. The only thing sweeter than winning SBXL was the fact that we did it as the 6th seed, completely on the road and on our own. We always seem to do better when nobody gives us any credit.

K Train
10-08-2007, 06:47 PM
thats when we win, 15-1....HFA through the playoffs, the trendy pick......blah

11-5, last wild card spot, no love....we win lol

portcityblackandgold
10-08-2007, 07:40 PM
thats when we win, 15-1....HFA through the playoffs, the trendy pick......blah

11-5, last wild card spot, no love....we win lol

We play way betta wit a chip on our shoulders

DIESELMAN
10-08-2007, 08:35 PM
One thing that seemed unusual from yesterday's game... Usually, when you see a team get shut out, you would watch a highlight reel of the losing QB getting pummeled multiple times. But that didn't seem to happen yesterday. The Steelers front 3 did a great job stopping the run but weren't putting up a lot of pressure. When you guys did blitz 5 the Hawks o-line did a fine job picking it up.

So the Steelers allowed Hasselbeck to have a ton of time but stopped him by smothering all his options. It seems like your guys were totally keyed into the recievers and were able to stop the run as an after thought. I just can't think of a game that where the D was so dominant without an extensive pass rush. But maybe my perception of that was off. What do you guys think?

Your right, it was our secondary that covered you guys like a blanket, especially Ike and without Casey and Troy. Ike played like a Pro Bowl CB yesterday (I know Pro Bowl Corners make the INT's :lol:) but he covered and smothered :bigthumb:

BlitzburghNation
10-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Well IMO we've got the best depth on "D" in the league~~~ :bigthumb:

Sunday should've proven that :towelwave:

Our biggest test is gonna be at the patzeez,,,,,,,,That should give us a good ideal what our "D" is made of,,,,,,,,:towelwave:

BBG7
10-09-2007, 10:16 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?sort=ypg&stat=team&pos=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2007

I love it right now...but these guys have to keep it up!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!! The thing that impresses me most is the points allowed 9.4 a game...keep it up guys!

BlackGold4vr
10-09-2007, 11:54 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?sort=ypg&stat=team&pos=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2007

I love it right now...but these guys have to keep it up!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!! The thing that impresses me most is the points allowed 9.4 a game...keep it up guys!

That list is bullshit. Why is it that they are only counting 3 games worth of stats for the Patriots and 4 games for the Steelers? Both teams have played 5 games. Neither has had their bye week yet. Clearly a biased look at defensive stats. Go to NFL.com and look at the stats through 5 games and the Steelers start to separate from the pack. :scratch:

SteelerSteve
10-09-2007, 11:34 PM
We are EASILY the best defense in the league, what do you here many sports analysts say the key to winning football games is? Run the ball, and stop the run. Those are two things that we are the best in the league at right now. All I can say is, bring on those overated patsies that keep running up the score on mild opponents. We are going to kick there *** nice and thorough:2cents:

K Train
10-09-2007, 11:38 PM
im teeling you, to beat the pats you have to hit them, and hit them hard....teams are so scared of them they are satified to get the ball carrier down, gotta punch them in the mouth

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2007, 11:46 PM
im teeling you, to beat the pats you have to hit them, and hit them hard....teams are so scared of them they are satified to get the ball carrier down, gotta punch them in the mouth

Well putting pressure on Tom Brady is a big key on beating the Pats......The Pats can play physical to....Not so much Randy Moss or Donte Stallworth......Those guys are pillow soft....lol So punching them in the mouth would be key....But if Tom Brady has the time in the pocket he will pick the Steelers apart like he has done in the past......So I'm hoping Coach LeBeau has some special things just for douche bag Brady...lol

I actually can't wait for the Pats game..........I think the Steelers can beat anybody when they play their best......I'm actually glad the game is in New England....It would be sweet to beat them on their field for once....

K Train
10-09-2007, 11:48 PM

*punching them in the mouth......included the douche under center lol

GoBenGo
10-10-2007, 12:23 AM

Secondary shut down the passing options, she was forced to throw it away dozens of times, or be off target. And we made their running game an afterthought:clap:It was the best performance by our oft-torched secondary that I have seen in a while.Plus I would say he got pummeled a bit, check IR.:scratch:
Bring on the Pasties! I think with some added pressure, they get to Brady!