PDA

View Full Version : Great win today

SteelerFan87
10-07-2007, 08:12 PM
I was very impressed with this team today. The offense was good, Ben made some great plays (I'm REALLY impressed with his ability to escape pressure) Parker started off a little slow, but he and Davenport played well in the 2nd half, the WRs really stepped up with Ward and Holmes out, especially Cedrick Wilson, and the defense was dominant, even without Troy and Hampton. Even the fans were very impressive. Watching it on TV, the stadium got so quiet when the Steelers had the ball that I almost thought I had accidentally hit the mute button :lol:, and then when the Seahawks were on offense, it was about as loud as I've ever heard Heinz Field.

I thought Ike played a very good game. IMO, when the secondary plays like it did today, nobody can beat us. We are unbeatable. I mean, you know we're going to stop the run, so if the secondary can cover the WRs like they did today, there's nothing the opposing offense can do, and it's only a matter of time before we start getting to their QB.

TampaSteelGirl
10-07-2007, 08:53 PM
I liked the fact that we could shut the Seahawks out without 5 of our starters!!! :tt02: It proves to me that we have substantial backups on our team and even if we have injuries, we have good players to step up and make great plays for wins!!! :banana:

Oh yea and it was fun proving to Seattle and Holmgren that we didn't win Super Bowl because of the refs!! I'm so sick of hearing that crap!!!

SteelerFan87
10-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Oh yea and it was fun proving to Seattle and Holmgren that we didn't win Super Bowl because of the refs!! I'm so sick of hearing that crap!!!

Yeah, if anything, today the calls were going against us. That one play where they took away a big gain by Davenport because they called Heath for holding was crap. Heath wasn't holding, he just put a very good block on that guy and pancaked him. But the Steelers overcame those kinds of penalties, and still were able to score, which is something the Seahawks weren't able to do in the SB.

AZ_Steeler
10-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Sunday was very impressive!!! What happened to Holmes though? :dunno: Watching the highlights I was most impressed by Ike as well. Anytime before this year that INT in the end zone he would have dropped, but he broke on the ball at the right time and held on to it to close out the half... simply awesome!

How about Najeh? The game appeared to be going back and worth (didn't get to see it this week, but followed the score all day) Najeh breaks a huge thunderous run and setup the first touchdown of the day! :cope:

Solid performances by both sides of the ball... that's when you know your team is good, their starters go down and the backups come in and perform just as good as the starters if not better!

GoBenGo
10-08-2007, 11:01 AM
I was very impressed with this team today. The offense was good, Ben made some great plays (I'm REALLY impressed with his ability to escape pressure) Parker started off a little slow, but he and Davenport played well in the 2nd half, the WRs really stepped up with Ward and Holmes out, especially Cedrick Wilson, and the defense was dominant, even without Troy and Hampton. Even the fans were very impressive. Watching it on TV, the stadium got so quiet when the Steelers had the ball that I almost thought I had accidentally hit the mute button :lol:, and then when the Seahawks were on offense, it was about as loud as I've ever heard Heinz Field.

I thought Ike played a very good game. IMO, when the secondary plays like it did today, nobody can beat us. We are unbeatable. I mean, you know we're going to stop the run, so if the secondary can cover the WRs like they did today, there's nothing the opposing offense can do, and it's only a matter of time before we start getting to their QB.
I know what you mean and fully agree!

10-06-2007, 10:31 AM #17
GoBenGo
Draft Pick

SA Gold: 1,072.00
Total SA Gold: 1,072.00

These are the times when previously unheralded individuals become heroes. None of our reserves entered the NFL to be back-ups, and when given the opportunity to start will do everything in their power (and then some) to star on the field. Not the best circumstances, would never want any of our players injured.
But given the chance ...
I remind myself how many of our "back-ups" have been cherry picked by other teams through free-agency and prospered.
Yes, we are definitely bruised up, but I believe the team coach T prepares for Sunday will be fine.

Here Go Steelers! Here We Go!

Even the common-taters, Acheman and Buck, commented on the Fan noise and lack there of , when Big Ben is on the field! Big Ups to our fans.
What a great game!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

ARKIESTEEL
10-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Whats up with all the dad gum holding calls..........did the seahawks pay off the refs:lol::stirpot::willybs::greengrin:

I know it was just a joke .......... great win would like to see FWP bust a few more early in the game:clap:

Our D looks like they are playing with something to prove :clap::hail:

our backup WR did well today even CW did pretty good:clap:

You know its a blow out when Action Dan the man Kreider gets a carry:clap:

The TE was doing well and even the O-line played decent:clap:

Dookie is running like he thinks he should be the starter:clap:

great win indeed:plus1:

SteelerFan87
10-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Sunday was very impressive!!! What happened to Holmes though? :dunno: Watching the highlights I was most impressed by Ike as well. Anytime before this year that INT in the end zone he would have dropped, but he broke on the ball at the right time and held on to it to close out the half... simply awesome!

How about Najeh? The game appeared to be going back and worth (didn't get to see it this week, but followed the score all day) Najeh breaks a huge thunderous run and setup the first touchdown of the day! :cope:
QUOTE]

Holmes pulled a hamstring in pregame warmups. :banging:

Ike was great. And that INT he had was the hardest one to catch! He had 2 easier ones that he almost caught. Imagine how much more of a blowout it would have been if he had? Great game by Ike. He totally shut down every WR that lined up against him.

And as for Najeh, I'd like to see him get the ball more. He can be a good change of pace for Willie, and he is a beast when he catches those screen passes and starts rumbling. :yesnod:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
[QUOTE=ARKIESTEEL;151504]Whats up with all the dad gum holding calls..........did the seahawks pay off the refs:lol::stirpot::willybs::greengrin:

:lol:
I know! I mean, I knew it would be tough to play the Seattle Seahawks, but I didn't know we'd have to play the guys in the striped shirts too!
:lol::lol:

steelcurtaingal
10-08-2007, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=AZ_Steeler;151491]Sunday was very impressive!!! What happened to Holmes though? :dunno: Watching the highlights I was most impressed by Ike as well. Anytime before this year that INT in the end zone he would have dropped, but he broke on the ball at the right time and held on to it to close out the half... simply awesome!

QUOTE]

Holmes pulled a hamstring in pregame warmups. :banging:

Ike was great. And that INT he had was the hardest one to catch! He had 2 easier ones that he almost caught. Imagine how much more of a blowout it would have been if he had? Great game by Ike. He totally shut down every WR that lined up against him.

And as for Najeh, I'd like to see him get the ball more. He can be a good change of pace for Willie, and he is a beast when he catches those screen passes and starts rumbling. :yesnod:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

:lol:
I know! I mean, I knew it would be tough to play the Seattle Seahawks, but I didn't know we'd have to play the guys in the striped shirts too!
:lol::lol:

:bluelol::bluelol::bluelol:
agreed