10-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Ward still down with his knee
Casey still down with the hamstring
Polamalu with his rib injury
McFadden with his ankle
Santonio went down in pregame warmups with a hamstring
Mahan is banged up with his knee but still played
Marvel went down today but gutted it out

This is a time when we definitely need to rest. Every year we always gripe about the by coming in september or early october and every year it always seems to come at the right time when we're down key players in multiple areas but now more than ever we need it.

BlitzburghNation
10-07-2007, 04:54 PM
I agree,,,,,,the bye couldn''t have come at a better time ! :bigthumb:

Dee Mca
10-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Hopefully everyone will heal up during the bye. Plus this gives us 2 weeks to prepare for that "THIN AIR" since we are at Denver in week 7.

K Train
10-07-2007, 05:28 PM
fighting lake animals today made this a win win, we win without our best players and we get a bye week for them to heal

PsychoWard
10-07-2007, 05:40 PM
fighting lake animals today made this a win win, we win without our best players and we get a bye week for them to heal

very well put and i couldn't agree more:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah today was a great game for us to test our depth and they came through with flying colors.

BlackGold4vr
10-07-2007, 09:12 PM
I like our chances in Mile High Stadium in 2 weeks. With some of our key players getting healthy we should be in great shape against the Broncos. Their defense is one of the worst in the league against the run so Willie and Najeh should have huge games. The Bronco offense has also been struggling and will have fits against our defense. Another note is that Travis Henry is contesting a positive drug test and if he loses they will be without him for 1 year. They may or may not have him for the game against us. We are clearly a better football team than these Broncos. :yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2007, 09:23 PM
The trainers facilities will definitely be a hot place this week :lol: The thing for these hamstring injuries is rest so Casey and Santonio will benefit greatly with these next 2 weeks available to recoup. Im anxious to see how far along McFadden will be too, those high ankle sprains can linger for awhile if you arent careful.

BBG7
10-07-2007, 10:03 PM
I agree this bye is at a perfect time for us this season. We definately need the rest for our guys to all heal. Hopefully we come out of this week off fully healed!

AZ_Steeler
10-08-2007, 10:26 AM
I am usually not a big fan of having the bye week so early in the season but this is the first time in many years when the bye is much needed! Even though the Steelers looked against the Seahawks with backups you don't want to rely on them every week.

GoBenGo
10-08-2007, 11:14 AM
I agree!! Great timing for the bye week. Let's get everyone healthy, on the same page, go into the rest of the season fully charged.
Ben having a greeat day before the bye week helps a ton also. Puts him in the right mindset for these two prep weeks.lots of confidence.
I just realized, with the bye week , I can root for the Seahawks to rebound for HawkBeliever! that is what I will watch!