PDA

View Full Version : Resiliant & Tough !!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Today's game worried me because Seattle is such an explosive passing team and that west coast offense can be dominating if they get going but thanks to an outstanding performance by the defense today they never got going ! Alexander was held under 30 yds today. Hasselback was under pressure all day long.

The defense forced a 3 and out every single seattle series in the 2nd half if I remember correctly. Alexander was stopped at the point of attack all day, and everytime a WR from Seattle touched the ball we there to make the immediate tackle and let them know right from the start that we meant business today.

The game was in doubt even going into halftime because all both teams did was trade punts for most of the first half but thanks to Taylors interception in the end zone just before the half we were able to keep them off the scoreboard. That TD from Ben to Heath was HUGE considering how the first half went. I really think that pick by Ike was the turning point of the game today because had they scored things could have been a lot different. We responded in a BIG way today against a quality opponent who had been battle tested all year long playing a tougher schedule than us and we were able to come out and stick it to them.

Hats off to Tomlin and his staff for getting us ready and the players for coming through even in the face of so many injuries to key players. If we can expect this type of energy and toughness after a loss like this I can't wait to see what happens as the year goes on, and at this point there's no reason to expect anything less.

BlackGold4vr
10-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Great game! Dominating performances by the defense and by Big Ben. I was a little worried about how our defense would play without Troy and Casey. They stepped up big. This was a good team we just shut-out. Nice way to head into the bye. I'll take 4-1.

For the person who picked us to go 7-9....might want to reconsider. :clap:

:towelwave: :steelersrocksign: :towelwave:

:woodson:

Iron City South
10-07-2007, 04:32 PM
I said it earlier in the week, I had no worries over this game for much of the same reason Cowher mentioned in the pre-game show ....

This is a team that thrives on adversity. They are most lethal when their backs are against the wall.

They obviously had something to prove with all their pro-bowlers out and the loss last week. :tt02:

Never lose faith.

BlitzburghNation
10-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Really impressed by our secondary,,,,,,,, :clap:

Wilson stepped up also in absense of ward & holmes,,,,,,,:clap:

Big Ben making some great throws also,,,,,,,,:clap:

The whole team stepped up & played great,,,,,,,,, :towelwave:

Ambridge
10-07-2007, 05:03 PM
I was really surprised the defense put the Shut-out on Seattle.

The Hawks played like they were on West Coast time.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2007, 05:07 PM
You never got a sense of panic today, never got a sense of anything other than us being in complete control. We came out on a mission today and that was to dominate and we did just that.

Dee Mca
10-07-2007, 05:10 PM
I honestly thought we waas in trouble when I found out Holmes got hurt during pregame warmups.( How exactly do you get injured before the game?) Then the first 29 mins 53 secs didn't help much. Talyor Int and then the 10 min drive to start the 3rd. The 3 big catchs on 3rd down. 2 by wilson and 1 by Miller. I knew it was time to start grinding it out. I guess we should stick with the ball control offense instead of trying to throw the ball 30+ times a game. The more passes Ben attempts the more chances he has of getting picked off.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-07-2007, 05:53 PM
I was very proud of those guys today.....Really it was a great team effort and win....For the Steelers not to have Ward, Holmes,Hampton,Polamalu and McFadden and for them to totally shut down the Seahawks shows how much character this team has........Its games like this that really makes me proud to be a fan of this team....

K Train
10-07-2007, 05:57 PM
how many times did matty have to throw it away? lol then after a while we started bringing the heat and we just killed them

seth_westover
10-07-2007, 06:49 PM
i bet k-train is pissed that wilson balled out! lol! hes been begging for ced to get cut for a LONG time! lol!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2007, 09:08 PM
I was interesting to see that Ben went to Nate on the very first series to get him involved and get his confidence going. That showed how much the team knew they needed him and how to push his buttons early to have a productive day.

BBG7
10-07-2007, 10:08 PM
I was so proud of these guys today. Like someone mentioned, when I saw that Holmes was out too I was pretty worried. But these guys stepped up huge today! I couldn't be more happy with this game and our bye week being next week. Here we go Steelers, Here we go!

AZ_Steeler
10-08-2007, 11:11 AM
This Tomlins first game after a loss and heading into a bye week and I am really impressed. He had his team focused and prepared even with all the injuries, so you can't really ask for anything else! Awesome job all around against the Hawks! :cope:

ARKIESTEEL
10-08-2007, 11:15 AM
I would just about bet we lead the NFL in TD pass to TE's dont know where I could find this info but the TE in Pittsburgh is no longer just a blocker they be catching and scoreing now:clap::cabbagepatch::cope::tt02::yesnod:

AZ_Steeler
10-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Between Miller, Spaeth and Tuman they have a total of 5 TD's. Ben Watson (NE) has 5 alone as well as Dallas Clark (IND) and they are the only TE's on their teams to catch a TD pass, so the Steelers are tied for with those teams but IMO... the Steelers would get the edge because they have 3 TE's with TD's which is the most in the league :bigthumb:

TE Stats - Yahoo! (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byposition?pos=TE&conference=NFL&year=season_2007&sort=29&timeframe=ToDate)

GoBenGo
10-08-2007, 11:57 AM
West coast ain't the best coast.
Total all around steeler victory.

DIESELMAN
10-08-2007, 08:43 PM
I was very proud of those guys today.....Really it was a great team effort and win....For the Steelers not to have Ward, Holmes,Hampton,Polamalu and McFadden and for them to totally shut down the Seahawks shows how much character this team has........Its games like this that really makes me proud to be a fan of this team....

Also shows what a cop out "we lost cuz we had injuries" is. Every team in the NFL has injuries its up to the coaches and the rest of the players to step it up and work through it. Hell, Ben could've used his accident last year as an excuse to his play last year but he didn't. He manned up and we finished the last half of the season 6-2. Props to the whole team, players and coaches :bigthumb: