PDA

View Full Version : gospel V...Hopefully more accurate this week

FC FURY
10-05-2007, 09:25 AM
http://www.steelerfury.com/articles/title/Gospel-VMy-hand-hurts/

Fire away boys and Girls.:tt02:

Stlrs4Life
10-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Pretty good, I also hope it is a little more accurte this week. Especially now that we know Troy is not playing.

FC FURY
10-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Troy Ward and Hampton are not playing.

They didnt practice...They wont play

Iron City South
10-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Another excellent breakdown. :bigthumb:

Rocky Bernard is the guy that scares me. If he's healthier than they're saying he eats Fanaca for lunch in pass-pro and Ben runs for his life most of the afternoon. Additionally, Parker has a long hard day trying to run inside. If not, then I expect his noise to be minimilized. :helmet:

I think both Ced and Nate show up to play this week. Something tells me they heard the fans last week start asking, "Where are our WR's and why are they not stepping up?"

BB2W
10-06-2007, 05:49 PM
I am mostly concerned with the Seahawk's pass rush... between Peterson, Tapp, and Kerney someone will get some pressure.

I know the o-line has struggled, but I can't buy into them being better with Starks in there. I haven't watched Colon's play specifically but I saw more pressure coming from the left side in pass protection so far this season.

I always felt like Starks was the weak link when he was in there, and considering this is likely his last year in Pittsburgh... I would rather stick with Colon at this point.

K Train
10-06-2007, 10:10 PM
i think were going to lose tomorrow

*side note

Since when are lineman good pass protectors but not run blockers? lol thats usually the exact opposite

Iron City South
10-06-2007, 10:43 PM
i think were going to lose tomorrow

Somebody needs to find their faith .... and fast. :tt02:

K Train
10-06-2007, 10:55 PM
i had faith and then i was robbed of it by the gay little red birds

if caseys out were in for a long day

Iron City South
10-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Hoke filled in for Casey before and did an admirable job .... I think we'll be fine. Everyone's biggest concern (if their is one) should be our OL and how well they blow open holes for Willie and protect Ben.

K Train
10-06-2007, 11:27 PM
im more worried about casey than the oline, hoke got hurt too, so he might not be 100% where he needs to be, casey leaves a BIG void to fill and hoke has to be 100% to come close to that

Iron City South
10-07-2007, 10:26 AM
For some reason, I'm don't have the uneasiness that I hear others are having over this game, I'm not sure why.

Perhaps it's because both Tomlin and the players know they blew last weeks game down their leg and have something to prove this week. Perhaps it's because we have a lot of key injuries right now and our 2nd and 3rd teamers know they're being counted on to step-up to the plate. Perhaps it's because Lebeau already knows they're going to try to establish the run with Alexander 1st then go to their west coast "dink-n-dunk" passing game. Perhaps it's because Aarians knows his game plan and half-time adjustments sucked last week and he needs to call a masterful game this week.

I'm feeling a big win for the Steelers today. :tt02:

AZ_Steeler
10-07-2007, 12:17 PM
The game is in Pittsburgh so that gives the Steelers the extra edge they need for this game. I think it's going to be close but when it comes down to it and the dust clears the Steelers will be on top :cope:

BB2W
10-07-2007, 02:52 PM
I've now wittnesed Colon's inabilty in pass protection... I also don't see much help from Simmons on that side.

I am not convinced Starks would play much better...

K Train
10-07-2007, 03:24 PM
colon does ok in PP, its run blocking hes bad at

FC FURY
10-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Colon has allowed 5 sacks in 5 games.

Colon is on pace to allow 16 sacks in 16 games

Starks as terrible as he was in pass pro last year..Allowed 10 sacks in 14 games

Run blocking there isn't a comparison..Starks destroys anything in front of him...Also gets to the 2nd level and finishes blocks unlike Colon

Simmons is terrible..I mean down right pitiful.

I would start Kemo at Rg

Colon would have 1 more ****** game and then I would pull him

I know...4-1

BlackGold4vr
10-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Again we face a weak opponent. San Diego destroyed Denver at Mile High. Denver defense is the softest and weakest up the middle defense in the league. Ranked dead last against the run giving up almost 200 yards per game. They are ranked 1st against the pass but I think that is just because teams will trend towards attacking your weakness not your strength. Why pass when they give up the yards in chunks against the run? With the fits our defense should give Cutler I just don't see us losing this game unless we pull a Dallas! LMAO Denver is not a good team. Ben had no problems beating them in Mile High in 05 either. We win in a route. :bigthumb:

K Train
10-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Colon has allowed 5 sacks in 5 games.

Colon is on pace to allow 16 sacks in 16 games

Starks as terrible as he was in pass pro last year..Allowed 10 sacks in 14 games

Run blocking there isn't a comparison..Starks destroys anything in front of him...Also gets to the 2nd level and finishes blocks unlike Colon

Simmons is terrible..I mean down right pitiful.

I would start Kemo at Rg

Colon would have 1 more shiatty game and then I would pull him

I know...4-1

starks stepped in at LT for a play and he physically molested julian peterson on a pass rush...interesting

Stlrs4Life
10-10-2007, 09:51 PM
starks stepped in at LT for a play and he physically molested julian peterson on a pass rush...interesting

1 play doesn't justify an automatic start.