PDA

View Full Version : Lewis not happy with team

BlackGold4vr
10-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Posted Oct 3, 2007

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/48/481830.jpg

It might be one of the biggest cliches in the NFL, but the bye week could not come at a better time for the Cincinnati Bengals -- who are beat up physically and emotionally. New England put the exclamation point on a three-game Cincinnati losing streak by pounding the Bengals 34-13 on Monday night in front of a national television audience.

Dressing only four healthy linebackers, the Bengals lost another one, Lemar Marshall, likely for the season with a ruptured Achilles' tendon. Rookie safety Chinedum Ndukwe and end Robert Geathers took turns playing outside linebacker, rounding out a threesome with Dhani Jones and Anthony Schlegel, both signed in September.

Starting tailback Rudi Johnson missed the game with a hamstring injury. Third receiver Tab Perry was out for the second game in a row with a hamstring problem. Right tackle Willie Anderson played only the first series.

Still, after the Bengals were man-handled by the Patriots, head coach Marvin Lewis blew up at his team. His anger pierced the steel locker room doors at Paul Brown Stadium.

"If you don't want to be on the team, don't show up at 4 o'clock," Lewis yelled in a profanity-laced tirade toward his Bengals players. The Bengals were to have a 4 p.m. team meeting Tuesday.

The Bengals, buried in last place in the AFC North, dropped to 1-3 and lost for the sixth time in the past seven games, dating to the three-game losing streak that ended 2006.

"I'm just as upset, obviously, as I can be," Lewis said in his post-game news conference. "Right now, we're finding a way to play not well enough to win. We're going to see who we're going to fight with. If we have to make changes, we'll make changes."

New England, 4-0, used a balanced offense to keep the ball away from Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer and his playmakers. New England had the ball for 37:24 and ran 66 plays to the Bengals' 51. The Patriots ran up 404 yards; 173 on the ground and 231 through the air. The Bengals had no sacks.

The attendance of 66,113 was a Bengals franchise record and the 30th consecutive home sellout, but Paul Brown Stadium crowd had emptied except for boo-birds by the time New England took two kneel-downs to end the game.

There was plenty of booing in the locker room.

"We have to stop reading our own press clippings," Anderson said afterward. "I'm tired of hearing we're better than them. We need to quit saying that. Guys are working extremely hard. It's even more frustrating when you go 1-3 and put in that kind of performance."

Since losing to New England on Oct. 1, 2006, the Bengals are 6-11.

The Bengals reach a bye at a good time. They next play Oct. 14 at Kansas City.

"We're not going to get an easy game from here on in," captain John Thornton, the defensive tackle, said. "We can't tank it now. We have to see if we can get on a run, but we have to win one.

"We're 1-3. We're a 1-3 team. There's no sugar-coating it. Everybody saw it tonight. Everybody has seen the last three games."
Hearts are breaking in Bungal land. :bigthumb:

:hilarious:

BBG7
10-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Hearts are breaking in Bungal land. :bigthumb:

:hilarious:

It's like doom and gloom here in Dayton for the Bungle fans!!! Kind of comical, but I couldn't be happier. This is the first time in 3 years I have heard nothing from them since week 1. I LOVE IT!

StlersGuy
10-04-2007, 04:47 PM
oh poor bungal all upset

here is a :towelwave: for him to wipe his eyes with :lol:

AZ_Steeler
10-04-2007, 05:05 PM
:crying: boo hoo... injuries happen, only those teams with quality depth can survive a bad case of the injuries which the Bengals are facing right now. That's what happens when you spend all your money on super stars... you can't afford those middle of the road quality players that don't really need a lot just enough to make them happy :bigthumb: instead you gotta go out and find those guys that can fill in for one or two plays and you hope the offense doesn't notice!

black an gold 4 life
10-04-2007, 06:05 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL here's my terrible towel t.j who's ur mama so u can wipe ur eyes LOL the bungel r who we thought they were, LOL LOL an there playing like it now, if they stop all the childish things they r doing like puttin on self made hall of fame jackets,an allways running there mouth about how good they r on offense,an maybe if they mature an little they might win some games, memo 2 lewis the bungirls suck an ur job is on the line, u need 2 learn 2 disipline ur players,put ur foot down an mean it, stop all the childess things they r doing an make them respect u!!!! untill then ur gonna just continue 2 play bad football, but i like it keep up the good work u LOSERS LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!

floodcitygirl
10-04-2007, 06:55 PM
It's like doom and gloom here in Dayton for the Bungle fans!!! Kind of comical, but I couldn't be happier. This is the first time in 3 years I have heard nothing from them since week 1. I LOVE IT!I had a couple that actually tried to give me a bad time at work because of our loss. I just said "Bengals" and started laughing.....they quit talking to me. :lol:

BBG7
10-04-2007, 07:38 PM
here's another article about the Bungles!!!

Cincinnati looked like the same old Bungles
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
The Associated Press
CINCINNATI -- Sure looked like the old Bungles, didn't they?

Couldn't get the right number of players on the field. Couldn't keep from sniping on the sidelines. Couldn't keep themselves from falling into last place all by their lonesome.

At 1-3, the Cincinnati Bengals are having one of those throwback seasons, the kind they thought they had relegated to history when Marvin Lewis took over as head coach five years ago.

Lewis screamed at his players, calling them selfish and told them to just shut up and play following a 34-13 loss to New England Monday that was vintage Bungles. He also took away their day off, ordering them to report for a clear-the-air team meeting yesterday -- or else.

"I've been hearing the same stuff for 12 years now," Pro Bowl offensive tackle Willie Anderson said. With this franchise, the same stuff keeps happening.

A 1-3 start isn't anything new for the Bengals, who have a history of either starting with a thud or ending with one, but this one is especially telling. The players knew this was a definitive season for Lewis, whose teams finished 8-8 in three of his four seasons.

Quarterback Carson Palmer was fully recovered from his knee injury, the defense underwent another offseason overhaul, and everyone was talking about contending for the AFC North title.

In one month, it has unraveled.

"This is about as embarrassing as it gets," Anderson said. "Those guys [New England] are a bunch of grown men. They are a mature football team, and we have to figure out how to get to that level. We are constantly trying to figure out how to play like that."

thought this was pretty funny as I was reading!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-04-2007, 08:36 PM
They're not dead yet....They have some easy games after their bye week that could get them back in the race for the AFC North........So the Steelers just need to handler their business and control their own destiny and a win over the Seachickens is the first order of business to get back on track.....

But its funny seeing Marvin having a break down like this......I don't know why he is so shocked his team is like this with so many selfish players on his roster and all of the picks they wasted on thugs or just bad picks that never panned out for their defense.....

K Train
10-04-2007, 11:05 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/angry_baby_head.jpg

BBG7
10-04-2007, 11:23 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/angry_baby_head.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: that is one of the scariest looks I have ever seen on a baby!

K Train
10-05-2007, 12:05 AM
do you feel the rage? babies are supposed to be happy, thats a troubled child lol

BBG7
10-05-2007, 12:27 AM
8. Marvin Lewis is learning the lesson Dennis Green learned in Minnesota: Don't turn your team over to wide receivers.

Remember when Dennis Green partnered up with Randy Moss and Cris Carter and basically named them assistants to the head coach? Moss and Carter went wherever Denny went. Denny fought to get Randy a mammoth contract.

How'd that work out for Denny?

The exact same way Marvin Lewis' partnership with Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh is working out. T.J. yelled at Marvin about play-calling on the sideline during Cincy's embarrassing loss to the Patriots. Johnson continues to bojangle for the cameras at every opportunity and turn the Cincy sideline into a re-enactment of "Flavor of Love."

And guess what? Marvin could be overheard by the media screaming at his team about being selfish and telling his team that the coaches will call the plays without being second-guessed by the players (receivers).

Johnson and Houshmandzadeh are great players. You can win with them. But if you coddle them, they will undermine team discipline. If Lewis continues to allow Johnson to play by one set of rules and turn the Bengals into Chad's personal reality show, the team will not come out of this funk.

Just ask Denny Green.

Marvin can't ask 52 guys to play like men and allow Johnson to tap dance and shuffle for the amusement of a TV audience. Yes, I realize TV broadcasters are fond of gushing about how much they love Johnson and how "fun" he is.

Johnson isn't the first black man to be loved for bojangling. But there isn't a long list of bojangling idiots who led their teams to Super Bowl titles.

The stories get funnier....
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7296680

SteelersWoman
10-05-2007, 12:49 AM
It's karma for what T.J. did to our Terrible Towel. Add in some of the things Carson and Marvin have both said...and they're gonna have to pay the piper now.
The towel thing was a BIG no-no :nono:

BlackGold4vr
10-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Jason Whitlock
FOXSports.com

Have you ever heard a woman referred to as a Bengal? Good uniform, bad helmet. And, no, the description wasn't part of the Isiah Thomas sexual-harassment trial.

8. Marvin Lewis is learning the lesson Dennis Green learned in Minnesota: Don't turn your team over to wide receivers.

Remember when Dennis Green partnered up with Randy Moss and Cris Carter and basically named them assistants to the head coach? Moss and Carter went wherever Denny went. Denny fought to get Randy a mammoth contract.

How'd that work out for Denny?

The exact same way Marvin Lewis' partnership with Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh is working out. T.J. yelled at Marvin about play-calling on the sideline during Cincy's embarrassing loss to the Patriots. Johnson continues to bojangle for the cameras at every opportunity and turn the Cincy sideline into a re-enactment of "Flavor of Love."

T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Chad Johnson may be somewhat entertaining, but does anyone see them as coaching material?

And guess what? Marvin could be overheard by the media screaming at his team about being selfish and telling his team that the coaches will call the plays without being second-guessed by the players (receivers).

Johnson and Houshmandzadeh are great players. You can win with them. But if you coddle them, they will undermine team discipline. If Lewis continues to allow Johnson to play by one set of rules and turn the Bengals into Chad's personal reality show, the team will not come out of this funk.

Just ask Denny Green.

Marvin can't ask 52 guys to play like men and allow Johnson to tap dance and shuffle for the amusement of a TV audience. Yes, I realize TV broadcasters are fond of gushing about how much they love Johnson and how "fun" he is.

Johnson isn't the first black man to be loved for bojangling. But there isn't a long list of bojangling idiots who led their teams to Super Bowl titles.

:clap: Bojangling Idiot?

Couldn't have described Chad Johnson any better than that myself. :hilarious:

StlersGuy
10-05-2007, 02:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kle_m3TtMaU