PDA

View Full Version : Is the Seattle game a must win ?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2007, 06:13 AM
Here's a point/counter point article (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/sports/steelers/s_530734.html) about the game this weekend.

Do you think this weekends game is a must win, or not?

Steelerlyn
10-04-2007, 07:32 AM
Gotta win a game I am at!~ LOL:lol::bigthumb::tt02:

portcityblackandgold
10-04-2007, 09:14 AM
All victories are a good thing. We must play well,we must be competetive, we must score in the red zone, we must protect Big Ben, we must not have any breakdowns on special teams, we must keep pressure on Hasslebeck and keep them in third and longs. Must wins are in January when you lose and you go home. We need to win Sunday.:cope:

BBG7
10-04-2007, 09:46 AM
I think we have to win this game, but I picked not sure because I don't feel that if we lose it's the end of our season. This game would be nice because it will take a little pressure off and seperate us in the division a little bit, but looking at our division right now, I expect us to win it even if we were to lose this game. Going into the bye week on a 2 game losing streak would suck. I think they will come out strong and should walk away with a "W" this week.

memphissteelergirl
10-04-2007, 10:38 AM
For me this is a "must win" for the following reasons:

1. Seattle wants this game BAD! They are still bitter about SBXL (esp. their "esteemed" leader) so there is a revenge factor here. Dominance must be displayed by the Steelers early! Let there be no doubt at the end of this game who was the better team 2 years ago and who is the better team now!

2. We should not go into the bye week on a two game losing streak. Granted, it should not define the entire season if we do, but it will make us vulnerable to other teams if they see us showing any weakness.

All that said, this should be a good game. It will be close early but I think we'll come out with a W...

Final Score
Us 31
Them 21

BlackGold4vr
10-04-2007, 10:53 AM
No, it is not a must win. This is an out of division, out of conference game and like the Cardinal game the outcome will have minimal effects on any tie-breaks at the end of the season. A win would be nice because it would ensure that we went into the bye week still holding onto the division lead. There is still far too much football to be played and it is way too early to call any game a must win. We have some breathing room. The Bungels are heading into must win territory. It will more than likely take 10 or 11 wins to secure the division title. Lets suppose that 11 wins is the magic number.

Steelers need to go 8-4 the rest of the way to attain 11 wins. Very Do-able.

Ratbirds and Brownstains need to go 9-3. Daunting task for both teams if you asked me.

The Bungels would need to go 10-2! That just aint gonna happen.

Steelers in a must win? Not even close. :nono:

dick rasile
10-04-2007, 11:08 AM
All games are a must win and I didn't understand the Coach's comments on expecting a loss.
Maybe we've been spoiled because we do have one of the top four teams in the league.
For those who car click this link and check out the best running back in Division 3 Mount Union history.
http://www.the-review.com/news/article/2636461

SteelerFan87
10-04-2007, 11:10 AM
I think the way the Steelers respond to that loss to the Cardinals will say alot about how good this team really is, and if they have a chance to go anywhere. I'm hoping for a big win. A dominating win, and I feel very good about our chances. Lose, and I'll start to get a little worried.

BlackGold4vr
10-04-2007, 11:30 AM
I think the way the Steelers respond to that loss to the Cardinals will say alot about how good this team really is, and if they have a chance to go anywhere. I'm hoping for a big win. A dominating win, and I feel very good about our chances. Lose, and I'll start to get a little worried.

We played poorly in the Cardinal game and were still in it until the end. Another loss would not end our season. Being a Steeler fan of course I would like to see the Steelers dominate the Seahawks. If the Steelers play the Seahawks in a competitive game and come out on the short end it will not mean that we are done! Out of conference games don't hurt nearly as bad as division and inner conference losses. Seattle is a decent team and I am expecting them to give us a real battle. We are going to lose more than one game this year and some of you with the unrealistic expectations should brace yourselves for that reality. If we go 11-5, win the division and secure a first round home game that would be a successful season in my mind. Home field throughout playoffs? Indy and New England will fight for that privelage. :redcool:

SteelerFan87
10-04-2007, 11:45 AM
We played poorly in the Cardinal game and were still in it until the end. Another loss would not end our season. Being a Steeler fan of course I would like to see the Steelers dominate the Seahawks. If the Steelers play the Seahawks in a competitive game and come out on the short end it will not mean that we are done! Out of conference games don't hurt nearly as bad as division and inner conference losses. Seattle is a decent team and I am expecting them to give us a real battle. We are going to lose more than one game this year and some of you with the unrealistic expectations should brace yourselves for that reality. If we go 11-5, win the division and secure a first round home game that would be a successful season in my mind. Home field throughout playoffs? Indy and New England will fight for that privelage. :redcool:

Yeah, but we were really dominated by the Cardinals in the trenches. Our O-line was horrible and really got pushed around. We really need them to step up this week.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2007, 11:54 AM
If you look at it as a must win in terms of the season being over if we don't win then no, of course it's not a must win...however if you look at it as if we need to win to stay on top of the division, keep the momentum, control our own destiny, etc. then yes it is. :redcool:

AZ_Steeler
10-04-2007, 12:42 PM
By no means do I think this game is a must win... a loss by the Steelers and a win by Ravens or Browns puts them in a tie for the division and then the chance of going a 1/2 game down because of the bye week. At this point I just want to see a the W's pile up the losses by other AFCN teams :bigthumb:

SteelerNation
10-04-2007, 01:16 PM
It's a must win if we want to stay ahead in our div.

If we lose we could tie it up pending what the brownstains do.

imo ever game is a must win but the fact is we wont and will not win ever game not to many teams do go undefeated and win the superbowl...

But go steelers

Steelers 28-21:cope:

K Train
10-04-2007, 01:33 PM
absolutely, must win....all games are a must win and if you dont realize that then you dont want to win.

We have to win this or the division is slipping away faster than we can get a hold of it and our season will suck ***

Dee Mca
10-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Gotta win going into a bye. Would be really bad to go 2 losses then a week off. Need tpo be on a high so the guys want to work on the off week. Not mope around b/c their on a 2 game skid.

StlersGuy
10-04-2007, 03:37 PM
I really dont think we are at that point in the year that a game is a Must win, now if we where playing the rat's, clowns or bungals it would be different....

MDSteel15
10-04-2007, 05:12 PM
I said it's a must win just for the fact that you don't want to go into the bye week with a 2 game skid and get a confidence boost back into the team for the long run. :tt02: :cope: :tt02: :cope:

GoBenGo
10-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Not a must win , imo,:nono: must win games are for desperate teams. However I cannot support the alternative either.:scratch::bigthumb::greengrin::tt02:

DIESELMAN
10-04-2007, 06:27 PM
After the performance put on the field last weekend, we need to win this more for our confidence then anything. Oue OL problem won't be solved this week but hopefully adjustments are made to have a better effort against Seattle.

black an gold 4 life
10-04-2007, 06:27 PM
i believe that we must win u don't want 2 go n2 the bye week with an 2 game loseing streak like the bungirls,plus we have 2 beat the hawks,an with matt spaeth coming back ben will have more targets 2 throw 2 n the red zone, hopefully hines can play, this way we have an good chance, we can't play like last sunday no more!!!!!!

SteelerFan87
10-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Think of it this way. If we lose, then if the Browns beat the Pats we'll be tied!!!

:lol:

BBG7
10-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Think of it this way. If we lose, then if the Browns beat the Pats we'll be tied!!!

:lol:

don't see the Browns beating the Pats, but you are correct

black an gold 4 life
10-04-2007, 11:35 PM
simple an plain u don't want 2 go in 2 the bye week on an 2 game losing streak!!!!!!!!!!

SteelerSteve
10-05-2007, 01:48 AM
while a loss would not kill our season, I believe that Mike Tomlin should view every game as a must win. Besides I need the Steelers to shut up the hawk fans once and for all.:tt02:

steelcitysfinestXL
10-05-2007, 03:46 AM
This is a good time to win a game against our first legitimate playoff team. 49ers appeared to be on the verge but have since slipped... ARI has the talent to make it but i doubt they will. This is the best team we'll play until the PATS. I would like to see a convincing win here, with good play in all 3 phases of the game (esp. on the O-Line) We shut down Alexander and force a couple 3 and outs and put points on the board early, i see this game being a no brainer. If we let them come out and short pass us to death (like the openning drive of SBXL), this game is gonna be a nail biter!!!
A loss doesn mean anything numbers wise to our season. But i DEF dont want to go into the buy week losing 2 in a row!!!
24-13 Steelers!!!

JB 67
10-05-2007, 02:25 PM
I agree very important to enter the bye week with momentum and the division lead :cope:

steelcurtaingal
10-05-2007, 02:42 PM
i want us to win this gmae more than i want my next breath, but do we need to win it? not necessarily. i think it would help us though in the division

Preacher
10-05-2007, 11:33 PM
I have to say no.

We have a three out of 4 game stretch against division rivals. Our division looks a LOT weaker then it did coming into the year. We can win every game outright, which gives us six games. We have already won 2 non-division games, which gives us 8. It is only going to take two or three more wins outside the division to win the division.

So no, this is not a must win, and with Ward, Hampton, Polamalu, etc. injured, I say bench em, let the whole team sit next week with the bye, and then go into the 3 of 4 games with our team healthy.

steelcurtain09
10-05-2007, 11:37 PM
i vote Yes!!
we cannot go into the bye week on a two game skid

but after saying tht
i would rather lose this week than in week 16 or 17

SteelerSteve
10-06-2007, 12:44 AM
i vote Yes!!
we cannot go into the bye week on a two game skid

but after saying tht
i would rather lose this week than in week 16 or 17either that or we could just go ahead and win next week AND in week 16-17:lol:

steelcurtaingal
10-06-2007, 03:53 PM
either that or we could just go ahead and win next week AND in week 16-17:lol:

that would be good :yesnod: