PDA

View Full Version : Where's the no-huddle?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2007, 09:18 PM
AZ mentioned this in another thread and it got me thinking. Why in the world didn't we go to the no huddle on sunday when it was apparent that the protection had broken down and the offense was sputtering big time. Ben is pretty adept at running it and in situations like that where you need a spark and a way to slow down that pass rush the no-huddle offense is just the ticket if you ask me.

It would stopped the Cards from being able to substitute players, it would wear out the defense and not allow them time to regroup and get a grasp on what we were trying to do and just generally get the offense a spark and a chance to put a good drive together.

:scratch:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Only reason I can think of with Nate and Ced looking totally retarded and lost out there that Arians maybe didn't feel comfortable running the no huddle with those guys proving to be unreliable on Sunday......Maybe with Ward in there we might have seen it........But anyway it wouldn't hurt to at least try to run the no huddle....It couldn't have been any worse?lol

Anyways good question and really with the Seahawks probably thinking they're going to have their way with the Steelers Oline we should maybe come out at the start of the game to throw them off....

black an gold 4 life
10-04-2007, 12:04 AM
GOOD QUESTION TOP GUN I WAS SAYING THE SAME THING SUNDAY!!!! IF IT'S N OUR PLAYBOOK WHY NOT USE IT?

AZ_Steeler
10-04-2007, 02:57 AM
Only reason I can think of with Nate and Ced looking totally retarded and lost out there that Arians maybe didn't feel comfortable running the no huddle with those guys proving to be unreliable on Sunday......Maybe with Ward in there we might have seen it........But anyway it wouldn't hurt to at least try to run the no huddle....It couldn't have been any worse?lol

Anyways good question and really with the Seahawks probably thinking they're going to have their way with the Steelers Oline we should maybe come out at the start of the game to throw them off....
That is a good point Nate and Ced because when they did go to the no huddle a majority of the passes did go to Holmes. Then on their last drive those two guys couldn't do anything but then again Ben didn't have much time either.

IMO, if you mix up the defensive blitz schemes during a game why not mix up your offense a little bit and just go out there and run some no huddle. I remember reports coming out that we were going to see a Indy type offense... well where is it because I haven't seen it yet!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2007, 06:06 AM
We used it in preseason but haven't seen it yet this year. The first 3 weeks we really didn't need it for the most part but when the game was still in doubt against the 49ers I'd have liked to have seen it being used.

Like AZ mentioned, if we're going to be going crazy on defense confusing the opposition then why not on offense too ?

SteelerFan87
10-04-2007, 11:13 AM
I don't mind if we don't use the no huddle for a while. Save it for the big boys, when we absolutely HAVE to use every trick we have to win. It would have been nice to beat the Cardinals, but if it meant exposing a secret weapon that would be better used later in the season, I don't know if it would be worth it.

AZ_Steeler
10-04-2007, 12:43 PM
I don't mind if we don't use the no huddle for a while. Save it for the big boys, when we absolutely HAVE to use every trick we have to win. It would have been nice to beat the Cardinals, but if it meant exposing a secret weapon that would be better used later in the season, I don't know if it would be worth it.

I hope Nate or Ced wasn't part of that secret weapon plan! ;)