PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin on "SIRIUS",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BlitzburghNation
10-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Most of you know i'm a huge sirius nfl radio guy and every tuesday coach T
will be on sirius,so I took my hand held recorder & recorded his coversation on Moving The Chains with Pat Kirwin & Tim Ryan,,,,,,,,,

Q Tim Ryan:The loss on sunday "talk about it"

TOMLIN: Well believe it or not at one point I thought I would be involved with a loss,,,,,:lol: It is what it is you learn from it & grow from it & move on,,,,,,The reallity is we didn't play well enough to win,pretty much a bunch of reasons why we didn't win,The steelersbeat the steelers not taking anything away fom the cardinals

Q Pat Kirwin : Surprised to see AZ corral willie like they did,,,,

TOMLIN : They did a great job,,'uh' and we helped them , we had a couple of mishaps on 3rd & short which became 3rd & long's,,,,,,,

Q Tim Ryan : is it hard to find a rythum when coach "whiz" is platooning the QB,,,,,,,

TOMLIN : It makes it more difficult & changed somewhat the outcome of the game,,,,,,,,

Q Tim Ryan : Now you gotta move on & play a really good team in seattle,,,,,,,,

TOMLIN : They are,They've got continuity & playing against those guys who's got a pretty good depth chart,also those guys are coached well & been together for awhile,,,,,,,

Q Pat Kirwin : Let's go back to the special teams for a minute, I saw the coverage move back into angles and gashed the field,what's the coach said about that punt return,,,,,,,,

TOMLIN : We never adjusted to movements & we have to close down lanes, "uhhhhh" He had a great return,,,,I like to call it the stick & whip :lol:

Q Tim Ryan : Hows the team with all the injuries,,,,,,,

TOMLIN : You know we get injuries like everyone else & we'll never use injuries for an excuse,,,,," I will not allow it" Troy,Hoke & Hamp should be back next week,,,,,,,,Mcfadden probably won't make it back this week with a high ankle sprain,,,:cursin:,,,,,,Spaeth is probable also & as for hines ward he's about 50-50 to return for the seattle game "taking it day by day"
We've got our share of injuries & our back-ups will step up to the challenge
and nothing will change,,,,,,,,,:bigthumb:

Q Tim Ryan : Seems like holmes isimproving more & more every week,,,,

TOMLIN: Yeah,,,He's a breath of frsh air with all his enthusiasm & your right he's getting better & better,,,,, :clap:

Q Pat Kirwin: Tough meeting after a loss,so how did you address your team,,,,,,,,,

TOMLIN : Well don't ride them too much only when I've got to,,,,,,,
We are all about moving forward regardless of what happened in the prior week !

TIM RYAN Best of luck against them seahawks :popcorn:

Only one thing bothers me in this interview :scratch:
McFADDEN and his high ankle sprain
That can be a blow to our secondary,as we all know how bad them high ankle sprains are :banging::cursin::banging:
at least we have a bye week,so that will give him an extra week,so maybe he'll be back by week #8 :crossfingers:

floodcitygirl
10-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Thanks for posting this. It was good to read his thoughts and I appreciate the update on our injured guys. :bigthumb:

black an gold 4 life
10-02-2007, 08:27 PM
well we need mcfadden obvious they have no faith n ricardo c so it looks like william gay will replace mcfadden, why is ricardo c on the team if they r not going 2 use him? plus it's an blessing that hamp,ward, spaeth an hoke will be back !!!!!!!

steelersgal86
10-03-2007, 07:23 AM
nice post :bigthumb: good info

BlitzburghNation
10-04-2007, 02:28 AM
well we need mcfadden obvious they have no faith n ricardo c so it looks like william gay will replace mcfadden, why is ricardo c on the team if they r not going 2 use him? plus it's an blessing that hamp,ward, spaeth an hoke will be back !!!!!!!

Probably will have Hamp,Spaeth & hoke back,,,,,,,,But as for Hines I think they'll have him sit this one out "which will give him a full month to heal !
That's what I would do if I were Mike T ~~~~ :bigthumb:

BBG7
10-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Probably will have Hamp,Spaeth & hoke back,,,,,,,,But as for Hines I think they'll have him sit this one out "which will give him a full month to heal !
That's what I would do if I were Mike T ~~~~ :bigthumb:

I agree...I don't see Ward playing this week. Everything thing I have heard is he is day by day, but they don't want to rush him back for him to further injure himself....they are looking at the big picture, not one game. If he sits this week (as much as he wants to play) that gives him 2 more weeks to heal properly since we have our bye next week.