PDA

View Full Version : overlooking?

strong D
10-01-2007, 04:58 PM
were our heads too big going into yesterdays game and did we overlook this cardinal team that came to play.

If this game was against the pats or the colts does Ward dress?
i think he does

now i am not saying anything against hines just saying that i believe the whole team overlooked the cardinals yesterday

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Ward knew this game was big, if he could have been out there he would have been. No doubt about it in my mind. You know he wanted to be in this game to help out and it was evident that we needed him.

Nobody in the league is more tough than Hines so if he was hurt then he was hurt. I don't think we overlooked the Cards I just think they gave us something that the team wasn't ready to handle or didn't think they would do. It was a lesson learned and one that could serve us well for the rest of the year if we take it and get better because of it.

AZ_Steeler
10-01-2007, 05:25 PM
I was down by the tunnel when Ward came out during warm-ups there is no way he played had this game been against the Colts or Pats. He couldn't straighten out his leg... he took him forever to get to midfield to talk with Fitz! I think if anything the Steelers may have tried a little to hard for this game wanting to beat Whisenhunt or it's even possible that they were trying to downplay the Ben vs. Whiz and all the other verses that they may have lost some focus... I'll give the Cardinals some credit though, because they did move the ball and all the things it takes to win a ball game... plus their fans were into the game too and after that punt return you could just feel the momentum shifting to the Cardinals side.

SteelerSteve
10-01-2007, 05:29 PM
congrats to the cards, they beat us, but I think it was just a F*** up on our part, I think that this is one of the classic "beat yourself" type of game

StlersGuy
10-01-2007, 07:00 PM
oh yeh he would have dressed and played for sure if this was one of the so called BIG games

Stlrs4Life
10-01-2007, 07:24 PM
We definately missed Hines in our running game today.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2007, 09:09 PM
We definately missed Hines in our running game today.

In the passing game to......Both Nate and Ced didn't run good routes or have any field awareness yesterday........We all know Hines is very good in his route running and has great field awareness....

black an gold 4 life
10-01-2007, 10:41 PM
i believe pittsburgh took the game 4 granted,i hope they have learn an lesson an that's take every game serious

Dee Mca
10-01-2007, 11:58 PM
He would want to dress and might get Tomlin to let him but hopeful the trainers would still say no if he was seriously hurt. early in the season esp with way our division is playing let him rest.

SteelerNation
10-02-2007, 03:42 PM
no for one reason why do u make something worse then what it really is!

MDSteel15
10-03-2007, 05:17 PM
I voted YES he dresses if and only if it means making the playoffs. Other than that no way do you endanger the rest of the season.

BBG7
10-03-2007, 11:33 PM
I said no, and like Ward said...he wants to look at the big picture and not one individual game. There is a long season to go and we want him healthy for as much of it as possible and that means taking the time to heal properly.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2007, 11:47 PM
If this were preseason vs a regular game then yeah I'd say he dresses for a regular game but if Hines says he's hurt then you can bet your last dollar it's the truth and he really cannot play without further injuring himself. He's as tough as it gets in the league no question about it.