PDA

View Full Version : That pick shouldn't have counted

Mike Tomlin
10-01-2007, 02:02 PM
The pick at the end of yesterdays game shouldn't have counted because that D-lineman was off-sides. Also that 4 and 1 Qb sneak was way short and I don't know how they missed that. We got some BUM calls yesterday and yet we still had a chance to take it.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2007, 02:40 PM
The pick at the end of yesterdays game shouldn't have counted because that D-lineman was off-sides. Also that 4 and 1 Qb sneak was way short and I don't know how they missed that. We got some BUM calls yesterday and yet we still had a chance to take it.

I'm not blaming the calls for the loss....The Cards out played us and wanted it more yesterday....The calls hadn't nothing to do with the terrible offensive line play.....lol Or Nate and Ced looking like a bunch of lost idiots out there....

Koopa
10-01-2007, 02:42 PM
what's sad is that even though they only rushed the defensive lineman that last play they still got a good rush on our **** *** oline......... i blame nate more then anything, he just stood there like a jackass didn't even try to jump and bat it down or make a diving catch

Troyisabeast_43
10-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I agree on both calls as Ive pointed out in some of the other posts Ive written. Leinart was clearly short on that 4th and 1 sneak and the refs gave the Steelers an absolutely horrible spot. If Tomlin was going to challenge anything he should have challenged that and not the TD to Urban in the end zone which there was no way they were going to overturn. So while the refs did stink yesterday Im still not going to blame this for this loss either. Nate Washington should not start again after his half-*** performance yesterday dropping balls once again, and running wrong routes and not even turning back for the ball. Tomlin really needs to call out Nate this week and challenge him especially if Hines cant go again this week against Seattle and they need Nate to step in and start again. The play calling was terrible as well down by the goaline after the Harrison fumble recovery. It was too predictable, they didnt try no play fake or one bootleg at all any of the 3 plays. For Ben to throw that ball to Miller on 3rd down in double coverage and get it picked off was just inexcusable. Those kinds of things just cant happen on the road in close games like yesterday when you have a team like Arizona by the throat and ready to go in for the kill. But the bottom line is this loss is still by no means devistating. Its an NFC loss so it wont count toward the conference standings later on in the year when the tiebrakers come into effect, and its early on in the year as well. The Steelers just need to learn from this loss, correct there mistakes and put this loss behind them after looking at it today and tomorrow. There are still too many games left on this schedule to let one loss just flat out ruin the season.

K Train
10-01-2007, 03:17 PM
harrison scored a TD on that fumble recover too i think

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2007, 03:26 PM
harrison scored a TD on that fumble recover too i think

Thats what I thought to....I never saw a Cards player touch him....lol Oh well the Steelers should gotten in from the 4 yard line though....Horrible play calling was the result of the Steelers not punching it in.....Most are knocking Ben for that terrible INT but how about the predictable play calling down there.....two runs then pass...lol Maybe pass on first down when the Cards wouldn't have been expecting a run and then Miller probably would have been wide open....

K Train
10-01-2007, 03:28 PM
it was like a diving-rolling effort....no one came close to touching him, he dove, rolled got up and ran all in one motion.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2007, 03:37 PM
it was like a diving-rolling effort....no one came close to touching him, he dove, rolled got up and ran all in one motion.

I agree.......

AZ_Steeler
10-01-2007, 05:31 PM

Good luck getting it nullified!

Harrison did have a touchdown!!! Whiz must have been able to hand pick his refs because there were a lot of blown calls yesterday!

black an gold 4 life
10-01-2007, 10:45 PM
why can't we draft recievers? with the exception of ward an holmes? we need an offensive make over, i'm not going 2 blame the calls they were rotten calls by rotten guys but we still had an chance 2 beat the cards!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2007, 12:31 AM
When we have to rely on the refs to win us the game then we truly know how much we sucked. Even with all the blown calls yesterday, all the horrible OL performances, Nate & Cedric still hungover from the night before, injuries, you name it, we still had a chance to tie in the last couple minutes. I agree that pick was bogus, the spot more generous than a tip for a 5.00 hooker who went extra innings and Harrison was not down.

The worst thing though was that turnover that gave us 1st and goal at the 4 and we come away with nothing...that was the backbreaker.