PDA

View Full Version : I'm not throwing in the Terrible Towel !

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2007, 01:39 PM
I can't believe some of you people here :lol: I mean you'd think we just lost the super bowl or something. It's only 1 game and we aren't the same team as last year. Everybody knew it was going to be a time of adjustment and things that we need to work through. Yeah so we were spoiled by a 3-0 start, now we lose 1 game and all of the sudden we're this terrible team ???

If BC were still coaching then I'd have reason to be concerned but this is Tomlin now and a new staff mostly. These guys aren't just going to say, oh well we can't handle the pressure from the blitz so we're just going to give up.

The offensive line needs work, yes, but it's not like it's beyond repair here. Facing 3 teams with a sub par front 7 was a lot different than facing a team that was going to blitz every single play. They weren't ready for that kind of pressure but now that they know other teams will be doing it they can adjust and game play accordingly.

DSep is awesome, this kid bailed us out of nearly every bad situation we put ourselves in yesterday. He was booming kicks left and right, he's got my vote for a pro bowl punter. He's worth every bit of that 4th round pick and we are lucky to have a kid with such a strong leg that can average well over 50 yds per punt with pressure coming right at him and directional kick as well. He's only going to get better.

Parker goes as the OL goes. You can't put this loss on him either. The Cards spent the entire day yesterday in our backfield and Willie was stopped before he ever got going most of the plays.

Ben will be fine, again the OL dictates how well Ben is going to do. Ben is more nimble and has more escapability than most of us might have realized yesterday and it's a good thing too or things would have been a lot worse.

The injuries hurt us big time on defense but even through all of those we only gave up 2 TD's which aint all that bad. Our defense is fine, our secondary is fine but they do need to get healthy because we were scraping the barrel for bodies yesterday all over the place in the 2nd half. Ike is coming on very well and Im happy with him.

I could do go on and on but I think we all need to just take a deep breath here, it's only week 5 and these aren't Bill Cowher's Steelers. You can't fix 15 years in just 4 weeks into a season so some things will take longer to get ironed out, it's just how it is.

steelcurtaingal
10-01-2007, 01:44 PM
I agree:yesnod:. its not time to give up on our team!

steelersgal86
10-01-2007, 01:49 PM
:iagree: The game was disappointing....but it was only one game...there are alot more games to go....:tt02::tt02: and hopefully after next weeks game everyone will be happy again...

JB 67
10-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Putrid performance big test this week against a much better def

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm far from giving up and thats I'm not really that upset over the loss....The Cards out played and its that simple...Time to go back to the drawing board and get ready for the Seahawks.....

steelcurtaingal
10-01-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm far from giving and thats I'm not really that upset over the loss....The Cards out played and its that simple...Time to go back to the drawing board and get ready for the Seahawks.....

which we better win, just cause i want to remind them why we brought home the lombardi trophy:yesnod:.

Koopa
10-01-2007, 02:39 PM
when you lose to a scrub *** team like the cards it's hard to be optimistic about losing........... our oline sucks *** and unless we are playing the bills and browns from here on out we could be in trouble

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2007, 02:42 PM
The Cards are 2-2 and really have been in all of there games this year...They're far from a scrub *** team....Their defense played good yesterday...Give the Cards some credit....I knew the game wasn't going to be a cake walk and it was a trap game...

Koopa
10-01-2007, 02:49 PM
they are a scrub *** team, they couldn't beat the scrub *** niners, they couldn't beat the scrub *** ravens......... they beat teh seahawks, but they are kinda scrubs too............ yeah they out played us, but our oline is filled up with scrubs

and any team that has to use a two qb system means they are scrubs, and they didn't even have boldin............. kinda makes me feel like we are scrubs too.........thank god we play in the afc north

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2007, 02:57 PM
The Cards are 2-2 and really have been in all of there games this year...They're far from a scrub *** team....Their defense played good yesterday...Give the Cards some credit....I knew the game wasn't going to be a cake walk and it was a trap game...

It's funny to look back at the 3 teams that we beat so far and then see how much they've improved. People say we haven't played anyone yet those teams that we played are suddenly playing well so something doesn't jive here :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2007, 03:02 PM
they are a scrub *** team, they couldn't beat the scrub *** niners, they couldn't beat the scrub *** ravens......... they beat teh seahawks, but they are kinda scrubs too............ yeah they out played us, but our oline is filled up with scrubs

and any team that has to use a two qb system means they are scrubs, and they didn't even have boldin............. kinda makes me feel like we are scrubs too.........thank god we play in the afc north

You act like the Steelers lost to a winless team...lol The Cards won and deserved to win....It happens.........The Steelers lost to a expansion team in 1995......The Jags beat them in Jax that year.....But the Steelers still went to the Super Bowl.....But I you were not a fan then so you probably wouldn't remember that game.....

Its one game and the focus should be on the Seahawks and what the Steelers need to improve on......

In 2003 the Pats were shut out by the Bills 38-0 in the first week of the season that year and the Pats still won it all..lol So don't over react on one game.....With the amount of parity that exists in the NFL these days the teams in the NFL are pretty much equal and anybody can beat anybody on any given Sunday.....

Look at the Browns?.....They looked horrible against the Steelers in the first game of the season but have won 2 out of 3 since....

Troyisabeast_43
10-01-2007, 03:17 PM
The only real threats right now in the AFC are the Pats and Colts. Nobody in that West is for real. The Broncos might be the best team right now but they are average at best and are very very inconsistent, San Diego has completely fallen apart under Norv Turner starting out 1-3, and KC and Oakland despite back to back wins arent going anywhere this year. Nobody accept for the Pats in the East will even have a shot to sniff the playoffs I believe. The AFC South looks pretty good at this point with the Colts obviously 4-0,Tennessee playing well with Vince Young at 2-1,the Jags surprising at 2-1,and Houston who is 2-2 but took a big step back today by losing to the Falcons.And then there is our division with the Ravens who have big problems at QB still and are struggling on defense, Cincy who is going to continue to struggle on defense it appears all season long, and the Browns who are just not good enough yet I dont think to win on a week to week basis. So if you look at it that way the only two teams you need to focus on in the AFC realistically are the Pats and Colts. If you compare the Steelers schedule with both of there schedules the Steelers have just a good of a shot to win as many games I think as both the Pats and Colts do. The Colts and Pats play each other this year as well so one of them will lose at least once there as well. Keep in mind Steelers still have a game to play with the Pats head to head where they will have an opportunity to beat them and win the tiebraker, they also have games left with Miami,Jets,Rams, and the Browns who have a combined record of 3-13 , the Ravens twice who dont look very good at all, Cincy twice who we know we will at least split with at the very worst,Denver on the road who is very inconsistent and looks very beatable. And the Seahawks and Jags at home who both are good teams but both can be had especially coming into Heinz Field.

The Steelers still are in very good shape and trust me in a few weeks I believe nobody will be talking about this loss at all especially come later on in the year. It really really helps like I said in my other posts that this is an NFC loss and not a conference loss. You would much rather beat the Broncos in a few weeks in Denver which will count in head to head wins and in the conference later on in the year, as opposed to beating Arizona and losing to Denver and having one more loss in the conference. Trust me this will all work itself out in the upcoming weeks ahead. This Steelers team is in great shape going into these last 12 games of the season heading into October next week.

AZ_Steeler
10-01-2007, 04:57 PM
It is way to early to throw in the towel. I personally feel this loss againast the Cardinals is something this Steelers team needed. Starting the season off 3-0 can go to your hear head pretty quick and this game just was areality check. Now we get to see how Tomlin responds to this loss and how he can get the Steelers prepared for a Super Bowl XL rematch. Rumor has it there wil be no refs for this game ;)

Bottom line we can't expect a 16-0 and season because all that days is increase your chances of winning. I don't like long winning streaks because those are bound to break at some point. This Steelers team will respond and probably in a big way!

SteelerSteve
10-01-2007, 05:54 PM
It is way to early to throw in the towel. I personally feel this loss againast the Cardinals is something this Steelers team needed. Starting the season off 3-0 can go to your hear head pretty quick and this game just was areality check. Now we get to see how Tomlin responds to this loss and how he can get the Steelers prepared for a Super Bowl XL rematch. Rumor has it there wil be no refs for this game ;)

Bottom line we can't expect a 16-0 and season because all that days is increase your chances of winning. I don't like long winning streaks because those are bound to break at some point. This Steelers team will respond and probably in a big way!Nice post, and if any of you dont think tomlin knows what happened yesterday then you are lost, he is a smart guy and I think that he will adjust very nicley and, yes I really do think that loss was good for us, now we will see a pissed off steelers team rather than an overconfident steelers team play the Seahawks, and if history is any indicator, pissed off teams are better than overconfident teams.

StlersGuy
10-01-2007, 06:44 PM
This game was a game I was worried about so the fact we lost it to me is no BIG deal, so now we just move on fix the mistakes and win the next game.

Stlrs4Life
10-01-2007, 07:28 PM
I agree TG, I'm not so pissed about losing, it is how we lost that upsets me the most.

Mach1
10-01-2007, 07:52 PM
We should be 4-1 going into the bye. Yeah its disappointing but theres still 12 games to play yet.

Besides 15-1 is not so bad is it. :greengrin:

WestCoastSteeler
10-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Yesterday's game was tough to watch (and even tougher to spend around fans of other teams!), but it's one game. One of the many things that makes the Steelers so exiting (albeit sometimes frustrating) to watch is they can play a game like this one week, then pull themselves together the next week and put on a whole different show. If it were the end of the season, and this was what we had suffered through every game, I might be tempted to throw darts at my terrible towel....but it's early & I'm prepared to start waving it again next week!

SteelCzar76
10-01-2007, 08:08 PM
I can't believe some of you people here :lol: I mean you'd think we just lost the super bowl or something. It's only 1 game and we aren't the same team as last year. Everybody knew it was going to be a time of adjustment and things that we need to work through. Yeah so we were spoiled by a 3-0 start, now we lose 1 game and all of the sudden we're this terrible team ???

If BC were still coaching then I'd have reason to be concerned but this is Tomlin now and a new staff mostly. These guys aren't just going to say, oh well we can't handle the pressure from the blitz so we're just going to give up.

The offensive line needs work, yes, but it's not like it's beyond repair here. Facing 3 teams with a sub par front 7 was a lot different than facing a team that was going to blitz every single play. They weren't ready for that kind of pressure but now that they know other teams will be doing it they can adjust and game play accordingly.

DSep is awesome, this kid bailed us out of nearly every bad situation we put ourselves in yesterday. He was booming kicks left and right, he's got my vote for a pro bowl punter. He's worth every bit of that 4th round pick and we are lucky to have a kid with such a strong leg that can average well over 50 yds per punt with pressure coming right at him and directional kick as well. He's only going to get better.

Parker goes as the OL goes. You can't put this loss on him either. The Cards spent the entire day yesterday in our backfield and Willie was stopped before he ever got going most of the plays.

Ben will be fine, again the OL dictates how well Ben is going to do. Ben is more nimble and has more escapability than most of us might have realized yesterday and it's a good thing too or things would have been a lot worse.

The injuries hurt us big time on defense but even through all of those we only gave up 2 TD's which aint all that bad. Our defense is fine, our secondary is fine but they do need to get healthy because we were scraping the barrel for bodies yesterday all over the place in the 2nd half. Ike is coming on very well and Im happy with him.

I could do go on and on but I think we all need to just take a deep breath here, it's only week 5 and these aren't Bill Cowher's Steelers. You can't fix 15 years in just 4 weeks into a season so some things will take longer to get ironed out, it's just how it is.

In all honesty TG,...i don't really think it's a matter of anyone "throwing in the Towel". Because in truth i've never known anyone raised as 'Steelers faithful' whom ever in truth 'gives up' or would ever turn their back on this organization.

People are just venting if you will. And if they have the will,.... expressing their opinions. No matter how 'unpopular' those opinions might be to the those whom don't share such thoughts.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2007, 08:16 PM
In all honesty TG,...i don't really think it's a matter of anyone "throwing in the Towel". Because in truth i've never known anyone raised as 'Steelers faithful' whom ever in truth 'gives up' or would ever turn their back on this organization.

People are just venting if you will. And if they have the will,.... expressing their opinions. No matter how 'unpopular' those opinions might be to the those whom don't share such thoughts.

Im all for venting, I do it too, I did it yesterday and Im probably still doing it today and I may still be doing it tomorrow. Sometimes though, we as fans can get down at the first sign of the same old same old that we've come to know and despise for the last 15 years; so keeping the faith and encouraging the Steeler Faithful is what we're all about. :towelwave:

portcityblackandgold
10-01-2007, 08:31 PM
While I'm pretty new to SA, I know everybody here is a tried true and tested member of the Steeler Nation. And if you've been a Steeler fan as long as I have been you know one thing is true, we're gonna have another bad game. Turnovers, breakdowns, and another loss or two maybe three. I would much rather lose those games now and win them all in January and February. I like this team and their chances of playing in February:tt02:

BlitzburghNation
10-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Well it was a diappointing loss,,,,,,,,,,But like it's benn said already it's only one loss and I'll be a steeler fan win or lose & throwing in the towel never crossed my mind :towelwave:

Let's just get out there & kick them seacocks :moon: and we'll all feel better
:towelwave::towelwave::gs::towelwave::towelwave:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2007, 09:01 PM

I would never question your loyalty to the Steelers Czar...I don't always agree with you but you always make great points...Plus were not always going to agree and thats fine...It would be boring if we did....As for venting...I'm already put the loss behind and I'm ready for the Seahawks....:tt02:

SteelCzar76
10-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Im all for venting, I do it too, I did it yesterday and Im probably still doing it today and I may still be doing it tomorrow. Sometimes though, we as fans can get down at the first sign of the same old same old that we've come to know and despise for the last 15 years; so keeping the faith and encouraging the Steeler Faithful is what we're all about. :towelwave:

Well said and Spoken as leader of men TG,...spoken as a leader of Men.:helmet: And trust me i can 'relate'. But i indeed value the merit of honest input,...hey how can you truly overcome anything without it ? !

And with that said,,.... here's to not only faith but reason, application,....and victory. :helmet:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Plus were not always going to agree and thats fine...It would be boring if we did....As for venting...I'm already put the loss behind and I'm ready for the Seahawks....:tt02:

'Exactly' little brother.

BB2W
10-01-2007, 11:38 PM
I know It's not the end of the world, but...

I was really disappointed to see them lose this game... I thought we were better than this. I mean, everyone loses, but I felt like we were amoung the NFL's elite. We may be good, but unless the game in Arizona was a fluke we will likely lose to the top teams.

- I think our o-line is average... especially in pass protection.

- I'm not sure we have a legit #3 WR... Nate, Ced, and Reid have let me down big time over most of the last few seasons.

- It seems like as long as I'm a fan they will struggle in kick coverage. :banging:

- The game is about turnovers and as long as Ben fumbles, makes bad reads, or has his passes tipped for an INT... we will continue to lose close games.

If I wanted to find an excuse for our most recent loss I would say... First off there were a lot of injuries, second as long as I've been watching them (since Brister was at the helm) they have not played well on the west coast, and finally Whis new exactly how to beat this team.

AZ_Steeler
10-02-2007, 12:46 AM
I think we talked about this before the game because the Cardinals had reported a lot of key injuries to their starts... someone on here said they would want the Cardinals to be healthy because we don't want to hear any excuses if the Steelers beat them... now the shoe is on the other foot and our Steelers lost and now we are coming up with excuses! I think it's funny!!! :lol:

memphissteelergirl
10-02-2007, 11:05 AM
You act like the Steelers lost to a winless team...lol The Cards won and deserved to win....It happens.........The Steelers lost to a expansion team in 1995......The Jags beat them in Jax that year.....But the Steelers still went to the Super Bowl.....But I you were not a fan then so you probably wouldn't remember that game.....

Its one game and the focus should be on the Seahawks and what the Steelers need to improve on......

In 2003 the Pats were shut out by the Bills 38-0 in the first week of the season that year and the Pats still won it all..lol So don't over react on one game.....With the amount of parity that exists in the NFL these days the teams in the NFL are pretty much equal and anybody can beat anybody on any given Sunday.....

Look at the Browns?.....They looked horrible against the Steelers in the first game of the season but have won 2 out of 3 since....

Good post!! :plus1::bigthumb:

GoBenGo
10-02-2007, 02:03 PM

SOLID:bigthumb:
One loss, ONE EFFIN LOSS:cursin:
and this place starts sounding like Cleveland.:banging:
Big Ups to you TG, true fan!