PDA

View Full Version : I think it was more than just a loss!

Stairwayto7
10-01-2007, 06:37 AM
I think the cards exposed our team to the rest of the league. Wiz and Grimm know our team better than Tomlin does right now. They knew where we were weak on the O-line. They knew how to shut down Willie. And they exposed our corners.
I`m afraid that the "flood gates" might now open. Everyone will be watching this one tape. I was happy that we were 3-0, but still concerned. We can compete, but we are far from being one of the elite teams. Tomlin, although a rookie coach, was outcoached yesterday, badly. At no time, until it was too late, did I see any sense of urgency! It was 1st down run Willie for 1 yard, second down run Willie for 1 yard. third and long, hell most of the time third and a country mile!

I hope I`m wrong, but I do beleive we were exposed, not just for one of our weaknesses, but for all of our weaknesses!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2007, 10:10 AM
I don't buy into the whole sky is falling scenario after just 1 week. Our corners are good and they actually played pretty decent if you look at the numbers last night. Our defense was crippled with the lost of Troy, Casey, Hoke, and McFadden so we weren't at 100 percent and we still were able to get some decent pressure on the QB's and force mistakes. It wasn't until the 2nd half when things fell apart with injuries and such.

Yes we have more work to do but not every team has a quick release like Warner going against a depleted defensive unit like we had yesterday. The Cards just did what anybody else could do, they blitzed every single play and we just simply weren't ready for it. Tomlin knows that other teams will try similar tactics so he'll get it squared away for us. It's just one game bro, this isn't the Steelers of old with Bill Cowher who won't change and fix things, we are a different team now and I think we'll be ok. :)

memphissteelergirl
10-01-2007, 10:29 AM
I don't buy into the whole sky is falling scenario after just 1 week. Our corners are good and they actually played pretty decent if you look at the numbers last night. Our defense was crippled with the lost of Troy, Casey, Hoke, and McFadden so we weren't at 100 percent and we still were able to get some decent pressure on the QB's and force mistakes. It wasn't until the 2nd half when things fell apart with injuries and such.

Yes we have more work to do but not every team has a quick release like Warner going against a depleted defensive unit like we had yesterday. The Cards just did what anybody else could do, they blitzed every single play and we just simply weren't ready for it. Tomlin knows that other teams will try similar tactics so he'll get it squared away for us. It's just one game bro, this isn't the Steelers of old with Bill Cowher who won't change and fix things, we are a different team now and I think we'll be ok. :)

Hear, here, TG! I will agree with clevestinks that the loss did expose some problems, but we'll adjust...good teams do. And this team is a good as anyone in the league right now. What's more you have to give Whiz and his team their due...they had our number and good. They played an excellent game (Fitzgerald hosed the secondary!). The players and coaches know what they have to do, and they will regroup.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Something else that I've mentioned before too is that we all knew we weren't going to go 16-0. We had to lose sometime and if you're going to lose a game, lose an out of conference game on the road. It's important for us to take care of the games at home and the divisional games and then try to split the rest of the road games. If we can do that we'll be ok. Easier said then done I know, but this team will have a lot of work to do by taking what they learned from the game last night and they know it's not going to be easy against Seattle. We won 3 in a row, stumbled last night, now it's time to get back on trac and that starts with getting our players healthy possibly keeping an extra blocker in to help Ben till the OL gets their act together.

black an gold 4 life
10-01-2007, 10:45 AM
this is the problem whiz exposed ben 4 what he is, that's why ben didn't shake his hand ( WHIZ)the oline is an problem also but ben missed some throws he should've of made, he missed 2 he should of both made 2 washington, which would of resulted n nice yardage if not touchdowns, an our d is still better than any time bill coward was running it, the defense kept us n the game all game, it was the offense qb an line that really cost us the game

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
on the other hand we could b 1-3 i'll take 3-1 n sep, hopefully will b 6-2 going n2 nov or 7-1

Captcoolhand
10-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Hell for a minute there I almost thought I was watching the Browns of Old with the way we were calling plays. Brice Arians is an ******* and always will be and anyone who thinks his abilities as a OC has just has to have Life F*cked up.
They had us at every corner, they shut down our run, stopped the Pass and exposed alot of weaknesses. Not to mention that I thought we got juked by the refs on some of the calls in that game.
And whats up with Nate, He reminds me of another Q.Morgan. "oh I can't catch a pass that's thrown straight to me but I can if there's a guy hanging on my back." The Dude just looks pitiful out there. :dunno: :2cents:

DIESELMAN
10-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Every team in the NFL has weaknesses, including the Pats. I'm sure Tomlin knows our OL needs a lot of work, the injuries in the game didn't help and FWP needs to get more focused on his running, there were times out there he just hit the hole and fell down. Granted he's not a big back but when you run between the tackles you better have some sand in your britches.

BlackGold4vr
10-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Every team in the NFL has weaknesses, including the Pats. I'm sure Tomlin knows our OL needs a lot of work, the injuries in the game didn't help and FWP needs to get more focused on his running, there were times out there he just hit the hole and fell down. Granted he's not a big back but when you run between the tackles you better have some sand in your britches.

The Pats and the Colts weaknesses are a lot less obvious. Those 2 teams are on another level IMO. After that there are a lot of teams competing at the next lower level. Not saying that the Colts and Pats can't be beat, but you had better bring your A+ game to do it. I didn't see a lot of holes for Willie to run through. Even when he tried to string some runs out around the ends the Cardinals did a great job of containing the corners. Their D-line got penetration into our backfield on almost every play. If Tomlin is going to stop the film for a moment of chastising for every missed block the Steelers will never get out of the film room. No offense will succeed with an O-line performance like that one. Just ask the eagles. Cudo's to the Cardinals for exposing our O-lines weaknesses. That game was close enough and our defense played well enough that if our O-line just played a little better we would have won that game. :yesnod:

Stairwayto7
10-01-2007, 11:25 AM
I agree that we would not go 16-0. But with that said, a team like the cards has to go down in the win column. We needed a good 4-0 start before we got to the seattle game.

But I disagree about our corners. As much as I would like to think there great, there not. Taylor is alright, but against a descent QB, we were exposed, and they had thier biggest weapon on the bench. I was worried about our first big challenge, I thought it would be hasselback, but it came a week earlier. Its easy to win blowouts, against terrible QB`s, but tight games against quality QB`s shows what your made of.

I do not think that the sky is falling. But it will not be a cake walk. And I`m afraid to say that winning the AFCN, won`t be a huge accomplishment either.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

this is the problem whiz exposed ben 4 what he is, that's why ben didn't shake his hand ( WHIZ)the oline is an problem also but ben missed some throws he should've of made, he missed 2 he should of both made 2 washington, which would of resulted n nice yardage if not touchdowns, an our d is still better than any time bill coward was running it, the defense kept us n the game all game, it was the offense qb an line that really cost us the game

[AutoMerged Post Below]
on the other hand we could b 1-3 i'll take 3-1 n sep, hopefully will b 6-2 going n2 nov or 7-1

????????????????????

Our defense is better than the Woodson, Llyodd, Greene, Lake defense that Cowher had???

DIESELMAN
10-01-2007, 11:29 AM
The Pats and the Colts weaknesses are a lot less obvious. Those 2 teams are on another level IMO. After that there are a lot of teams competing at the next lower level. Not saying that the Colts and Pats can't be beat, but you had better bring your A+ game to do it. I didn't see a lot of holes for Willie to run through. Even when he tried to string some runs out around the ends the Cardinals did a great job of containing the corners. Their D-line got penetration into our backfield on almost every play. If Tomlin is going to stop the film for a moment of chastising for every missed block the Steelers will never get out of the film room. No offense will succeed with an O-line performance like that one. Just ask the eagles. Cudo's to the Cardinals for exposing our O-lines weaknesses. That game was close enough and our defense played well enough that if our O-line just played a little better we would have won that game. :yesnod:

Yeah, the Pats and Colts are way above everyone right now and maybe for the rest of the season. I still believe in the old saying "On any given sunday, any team can fall". What happens if the Colts lose Addai or even Manning, or the Pats lose Brady. As we seen on Sunday, the loss of Troy and Ward not playing hurt us ( the rest of the team still could've stepped up). Our OL is the biggest weakness, but we all knew that from the start of TC. I believe in Willie but he needs to step it up in a big way OL or not. Barry Sanders was a special player to make it as a RB behind a ****** OL, but thats what Willie needs to do, pick up the slack and show he's an elite back, we'll see what we're made of against the Hawks.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Just remember here people, the Colts were penciled in for SB XL a couple years ago and we got hot and took them out. I don't care who you are, Pats, Colts, or some super all time team, we can play with anyone and any team in the league can beat anybody on any given Sunday.

I still say our Corners are good but you're talking about having them exposed when we are down McFadden and Polamalu and down Casey and Hoke. Of course they are going to get more looks and the WR's will get more passes. Face it we got beat and we learned something about ourselves last night; that we still have work to do just like EVERY OTHER NFL TEAM. Nobody is perfect and I think this loss might end up being a good thing ( if you can call it that) because it will give us a chance to see how to fix things that weren't as noticeable even last week.

Im not giving up on anything, yes Im pissed off about the loss but I know this team can do it and we will recover. It starts this coming sunday when the Hawks come into town.

ARKIESTEEL
10-01-2007, 11:53 AM
We will be fine ...... I dont think any one realy thought we was go 16 and 0 anyway..............I feel sorry for the seahags this weekend :dunno:

Troyisabeast_43
10-01-2007, 03:33 PM
I agree TG as Ive been saying as well its an NFC loss out of conference on the road early on in the season. It will have no effect I believe later on in the season when the tiebrakers start coming into effect. I would much rather win the game in Denver as Ive been saying in a few weeks on the road after the bye week then win this game because that game is an AFC Conference game against a team that possibly could win there division in the AFC and if we beat them we now own a head to head against them. Those are the more important games you would rather win. I dont want to hear either that the Colts or Pats cant be beat. The Colts defense still cant stop the run, and they have barely won 2 games on the road at Tennessee and at Houston. The Colts will slip up here a game or 2 just like we did yesterday here very soon I think. The Pats have some very tough games upcoming as well on the road and will see how good the Pats are. Those are really the only 2 teams in the AFC you need to worry about at this point. While both teams can be beat and had, you better not lose too many games down the line here because you cant count on the Colts or Pats to lose no more then 3 or 4 games in my opinion. So while I said this loss I dont think is devistating to the Cards because its an NFC loss, the Steelers need to bounce back and get on a bit of a roll coming up here in October. If they can do that this month then November is setting up for us as Ive been saying to be right there come December with the Colts and Pats for homefield and a bye week in the playoffs count on it.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Cleve...I agree our corners are not great by no means....But they're still good....Plus man this is almost the same secondary that we won it all with in 2005......Only Chris Hope is missing...There wasn't no complaints then about the secondary......Yesterday just proved how much Troy is to the defense when he was out in the 2nd half of the game yesterday....

steelcurtaingal
10-01-2007, 04:24 PM

:yesnod: i agree, lets not run around saying how the sky is falling.

GoBenGo
10-01-2007, 04:58 PM
or maybe it was just a loss, just a game in which one team played very well and one team was average. As paper beats rock, 'very well' outscores 'average' more days than not in today's NFL.
I mean other than the Whiz factor, would we even be talking about this game, would it even leave a mark? IMO nope, tough loss, yes. dissapointing Steelers perf, yes.
But at the end of the day it washes off, and Tomlin is STILL my coach, Big Ben is STILL the answer, the Wizantor is stil in Zona, and I still bleed black and gold.
Bring us the team from Seattle, a newly self-aware team of Steelers will await.
I like our chances. this week, next week,AND post-season.

-word up

Stairwayto7
10-07-2007, 08:26 PM
I guess I was WRONG! Our weknesses were not exposed like I was afraid of. Although I am still leary of our Oline

BlackGold4vr
10-07-2007, 11:06 PM
There is room for all the naysayers to get back on the wagon. There is no game that can be used by others as a formula to beat anyone. Matchups won't allow it to work that way. We had a very bad game in Arizona and it is what it is.....just one loss. The Steelers showed lots of resilience and bounced right back against a good team.

:tt02:

SteelersWoman
10-08-2007, 06:26 PM
...I am still leary of our Oline

The O line seems to be the only part of our team which is suspect week after week. There definitely needs to be some shoring up! I know it "could" be worse, but it could be better, too.

K Train
10-08-2007, 06:32 PM
at least ben is so ****ing elusive lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-08-2007, 07:02 PM
I guess I was WRONG! Our weknesses were not exposed like I was afraid of. Although I am still leary of our Oline

yeah see, we told ya... *knock on wood* :lol:

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-08-2007, 07:26 PM

Somebody get this man a pass to jump back on the bandwagon !! :lol::lol:

GoBenGo
10-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevestinks

Somebody get this man a pass to jump back on the bandwagon !! :lol::bluelol::lol::hilarious: