PDA

View Full Version : 3rd and really ****ing long

K Train
09-30-2007, 09:45 PM
wtf was with all the 3rd and 15+ today, that **** is ridiculous. I saw 3 that were OVER 25 YARDS. we converted one on a sweet *** TD, but we.....well no one has many plays designed for those situations that many times in a game

:banging:

:cursin:

:willybs:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Well when you give up sacks and have constant false starts that will put you in 3rd and long.....The Oline sucks period....Really they have stunk in passing blocking all 4 games so far and the running block sucked today as well....Very bad performance from the Hoggs up front......

K Train
09-30-2007, 09:52 PM
fat ****ers got pushed around like bitches, we would be better off with 4 little retarded girls in there than those 5 waste of junk food

Black@Gold Forever32
09-30-2007, 09:58 PM
fat ****ers got pushed around like bitches, we would be better off with 4 little retarded girls in there than those 5 waste of junk food

Dude I vote for this as funniest post of the year.....:lol: 4 little retarded girls......:lol: Train you just made the loss alittle better....Thanks for the pick me up....:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Damnit Kyle, I don't want to laugh I want to be pissed off and grumpy ! :greenkick: but that was funny as hell !

K Train
09-30-2007, 10:30 PM
at least they would feel bad knocking them on their asses each and every play, and our girls wouldnt pay enough attention to keep false starting every ****ing play.....its like a win win situation

black an gold 4 life
10-01-2007, 12:44 AM
yea that oline sucked 2 day we need 2 do some line up changes or stay n the no huddle all game that looked like the only time they could move the ball,the offense looked like an bill coward offense 2 day ben was predictable n the redzone throwing 2 the t.e n double coverage, why didn't charlie come n 2 c if he could give us an lift?

K Train
10-01-2007, 12:47 AM
it wasnt ben, ben played good. he forced that one in the endzone but other than that he was playing really good. ****ing nate and cedric couldnt catch anything and the oline had ben running for his life. If anything, we know how ****ing elusive ben is lol.

calling for charlie is just retarded

you guys knock ben to much....he forced that one but he was on all day and calling a play to a TE in the endzone was WAYYYY to predictable

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2007, 12:52 AM
it wasnt ben, ben played good. he forced that one in the endzone but other than that he was playing really good. ****ing nate and cedric couldnt catch anything and the oline had ben running for his life. If anything, we know how ****ing elusive ben is lol.

calling for charlie is just retarded

you guys knock ben to much....he forced that one but he was on all day and calling a play to a TE in the endzone was WAYYYY to predictable

Yea....I'm with you Train...Kind of hard to fault the QB or the RB when the Oline plays like a bunch of hoes today......:lol: That was one of the worst performances I have ever seen out of an offensive line until I watched some of the Giants and Eagles game tonight and McNabb was sacked 12 times.....12 times...lol But Ben at least could have been sacked 3 more times today and he was sacked 4 times.....Freaking Dockett had 3.....lol

I thought Ben made only one terrible throw all game and really Adrian Wilson made a great play....When you factor in the Oline and Washington and Wilson running some very bad routes and looking lost its amazing Ben did what he did today....I was on the Cards message board that I post at and one of the Cards fans really stuck up for Ben since he knew damn well the Cards Dline owned the Steelers Oline today.......

K Train
10-01-2007, 12:56 AM
if anything ben and holmes were highlight today in a pathetic effort

TEEMONT
10-01-2007, 12:57 AM
it wasnt ben, ben played good.

Lets not get out of hand here. Even though I think the blame fo rthis loss falls squarely on the O-line, Ben did not play well, with the exception of the toss to Santonio.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2007, 01:05 AM
Lets not get out of hand here. Even though I think the blame fo rthis loss falls squarely on the O-line, Ben did not play well, with the exception of the toss to Santonio.

Tee...I don't want to turn this into one of our famous debates....But Ben isn't getting any protection...You look at Brady and Manning and the time they have....They can grill a steak and then throw a TD pass back there with the time they have....Plus the run blocking wasn't there today either...So I don't fault Willie at all either...

But when the Steelers did have momentum passing the ball early in the game...the Steelers went back to the run when the Cards were putting 8-9 guys in the box...The Steelers should have taken advantage of that....I thought Bruce Arians also dropped the ball on that....

Plus with Washington and Wilson not stepping up its hard for a QB to do it all when he doesn't have any help...lol Only Holmes and Miller......lol

BR7
10-01-2007, 01:13 AM
But when the Steelers did have momentum passing the ball early in the game...the Steelers went back to the run when the Cards were putting 8-9 guys in the box...The Steelers should have taken advantage of that....I thought Bruce Arians also dropped the ball on that....

Thats the way I felt. But then again, doesn't Ben have the freedom to audible out? I do think some of Bruce's calls felt like watching the Cowher era all over again. Predictable.

Thought this team would be able to throw all over a 8 - 9 men in the box D, but you see run, run, then penalty, then 3rd and 20's. Dunno bout the rest of you, but I think the game plan sucked a big sack..

side note.. w/b neighbor :tt02:

K Train
10-01-2007, 01:31 AM
ok i said he played good, not great....but givin the situation at hand for him, he handled himself alot better than most guys, and he showed alot of skill buying himself time, he literally had to do everything for himself today

BR7
10-01-2007, 01:35 AM
All I know, ****ing Nate needs a ****ing kick in his *** or a trip to the practice squad. He slowed down on the second bomb which equals a step at the least, hence the ball being over thrown. The few times Ben had protection or scrambled away from, the CBs were toast deep. I offically hate ****ing Nate.

K Train
10-01-2007, 01:39 AM
ive been a nate supporter thus far but 2 plays today made me lose that mentality

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2007, 01:53 AM
ive been a nate supporter thus far but 2 plays today made me lose that mentality

Nothing wrong being a Nate supporter Train...I like the guy and I want him to succeed.....But I don't know light bulb isn't going off in his head......His field awareness is lacking greatly...As for Wilson...Lets just shoot him....:lol: I hope to see Willie Reid dress more....Not for kick returns but maybe to push Washington and Wilson.....

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Thats the way I felt. But then again, doesn't Ben have the freedom to audible out? I do think some of Bruce's calls felt like watching the Cowher era all over again. Predictable.

Thought this team would be able to throw all over a 8 - 9 men in the box D, but you see run, run, then penalty, then 3rd and 20's. Dunno bout the rest of you, but I think the game plan sucked a big sack..

side note.. w/b neighbor :tt02:

I'm with you the game plan......Its seemed the Steelers offense was like a one legged man in a *** kicking contest today....:lol:

Stairwayto7
10-01-2007, 05:39 AM
Third and forever all day. But hell 1st and goal from the four, and no points, so did it matter!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2007, 09:13 AM

I think most of us thought Nate could really come on if he was given the chance to play most of the game; obviously Tomlin did too since he was named a starter over Cedric in place of Hines.

As 32 mentioned, Nate just doesn't seem to get it, he runs the wrong routes, drops must have passes, doesn't turn around. We clearly need depth at WR in a BIG way.

AZ_Steeler
10-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Hey... on one of those 3rd and longs the Steelers converted for 6! :cope: This game definitely showed though that the Steelers need to address the WR spot!

Mike Tomlin
10-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Imagine what the O-line will feel like after the "The news". I mean Russ Grimm pretty much raised our whole O-line except Mahan so he knows their strengths and weakness.

K Train
10-01-2007, 02:06 PM
we shouldve drafted bowe lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey... on one of those 3rd and longs the Steelers converted for 6! :cope: This game definitely showed though that the Steelers need to address the WR spot!

That was sweet wasn't it ! The Cards were expecting a draw or short pass but we caught them napping and Holmes just blew right by everyone, that was a thing of beauty !

AZ_Steeler
10-01-2007, 03:41 PM
That was sweet wasn't it ! The Cards were expecting a draw or short pass but we caught them napping and Holmes just blew right by everyone, that was a thing of beauty !
Just to bad there wasn't more of that... every time after that TD though and the Steelers were a 3rd and for ever, the guy sitting behind us would say "You know what the Steelers did on that 3rd and 26.. here comes another TD!" Never panned out though :banging: