BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Well let's see...

McFadden was carted off in the 2nd half
Polamalu went out in the 4th quarter
Casey Hampton was out in the 2nd half
Ward was out for this game
Hoke missed some time in the 2nd half.

Anyone have updates on these players yet ?

GoBenGo
09-30-2007, 09:27 PM
not yet, I came here to find out, tv never really said. I was wondering the whole game also. ... strange

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Troy was walking around with his helmet on late in the game but never came back in.

Hoke got his bell run when he met James head on to stuff a run play.

K Train
09-30-2007, 09:30 PM
whats up with spaeth?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Spaeth was still out from last week. I think it was a hip injury...

stillers4me
09-30-2007, 10:45 PM
I can't say I'm surprised about Troy being injured.

He was a beast out there today and we definitely felt his absence.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Me thinks Troy should have sucked it up and played...He sure looked fine on the sideline with his helmet on...lol Earn that richest contract in team history Troy.....I just wonder whats wrong with him since he seemed fine.....I hope nothing is wrong with Big Casey also.....That would suck.....

floodcitygirl
09-30-2007, 10:54 PM
I saw Troy grabbing his stomach on the side late in the game. Made me feel a little ill myself. I think if he could have been out there, he would have been.

steelerfan11
09-30-2007, 10:56 PM
I thought they said that troy had an abdominal pain or something but idk other then that.

I would rather not have troy in the second half of a game then the second half of a season...so im fine with him not being in there for the second half of the game.

I thought spaeth had something to do with his Quadricep or something, it was from him taking hits low and not being use to it or something...idk exactly.

stillers4me
09-30-2007, 11:10 PM
ESPN on Troy and Casey.....

The Steelers were without two key defensive starters: safety Troy Polamalu (abdominal strain) and nose tackle Casey Hampton (hamstring injury).

Tomlin said he wasn't sure how serious the injuries were.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=270930022

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2007, 11:13 PM
It must have been a bad strain if Troy couldn't go back out because we all know he's as tough as they come. Casey worries me with that hamstring; they can linger for awhile so he may not come back till after the bye. Hopefully Hoke is alright too.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2007, 01:14 AM
From the Trib.. (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_530293.html)

The Steelers were a beat up team as well as beaten one Sunday following a 21-14 loss to the Arizona Cardinals. Four players, all on the defensive side of the ball, left the game with injuries and didn't return. They included nose tackles Casey Hampton (hamstring) and Chris Hoke (neck sprain) as well as strong safety Troy Polamalu (abdomen) and cornerback Bryant McFadden (ankle sprain). Asked if any of the hurt players may miss next Sunday's game against the visiting Seattle Seahawks, coach Mike Tomlin said, "Probably right now it's too early." Polamalu indicated after the game that he strained his abdomen. He said he will get tests on it to determine the severity of the injury.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-01-2007, 01:19 AM
I'm glad they sat Troy out if he thought he couldn't go, better to miss a half then make it worse. Yins see what he means to our defense, without him in there it was a completely different unit. Hopefully Hampton isn't serious either though between him and Hoke we need one healthy.

black an gold 4 life
10-01-2007, 02:01 AM
troy has an abdominal strain, spaeth has an thigh bruise, hoke had an neck stinger, hampton an ham string, i don't know what happen 2 mc fadden

SteelerNation
10-02-2007, 02:24 AM
Steelers' defense hobbling after loss

By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, October 1, 2007

The Steelers were a beat up team as well as beaten one Sunday following a 21-14 loss to the Arizona Cardinals. Four players, all on the defensive side of the ball, left the game with injuries and didn't return. They included nose tackles Casey Hampton (hamstring) and Chris Hoke (neck sprain) as well as strong safety Troy Polamalu (abdomen) and cornerback Bryant McFadden (ankle sprain). Asked if any of the hurt players may miss next Sunday's game against the visiting Seattle Seahawks, coach Mike Tomlin said, "Probably right now it's too early." Polamalu indicated after the game that he strained his abdomen. He said he will get tests on it to determine the severity of the injury.

--------------------------------

I also read some other articals saying that we need a NT or we have to switch over to a 4-3 becasue of lack of something im not sure yet ill try to find the art... again and post it up

GoBenGo
10-02-2007, 03:25 PM
I'd much rather see them healthy for the division games, than trying to come back too soon for a mere nfc team.
nfc= no effin chance