PDA

View Full Version : Well, for what it's worth,......

SteelCzar76
09-30-2007, 07:33 PM
It appears that the recipe for today's "Two gun Pancho villa style clusterf#ck" in the desert was comprised of (as mentioned before),...familiarity, familiarity, familiarity.

Whiz and Grimm's familiarity with not only our blocking scheme,..but with our glorified 'backyard football' Qb, sub par corners, lack of actual talent in terms of depth at receiver. And suspect special teams coverage.

Now add that to Hines and Troy being on the sidelines, along with the Cards actually having more quality players in terms of the number of actual studs in terms of their football lives since childhood,(as oppossed to our bargain basement roster),.....and them playing "out of body" in light of the importance of this win for their coach,.....and you have today's result.

There is a great deal more football to be played this year. But i'm really having a hard time seeing how we overcome our considerable shortcomings offensively as a whole and in our secondary when it's crunchtime in the playoffs against teams that truly can and will take advantage of as much. :cursin:

Koopa
09-30-2007, 07:48 PM
going to the playoffs will be pointless, it will only **** up our draft posistion lol........... no one in the afc is on the level of the pats or colts, so it would just be pointless for us to go.........but i hope we win the division just to shove it in the most overrated coach in the history of sports cowhers face.....

SteelCzar76
09-30-2007, 08:15 PM
going to the playoffs will be pointless, it will only **** up our draft posistion lol........... no one in the afc is on the level of the pats or colts, so it would just be pointless for us to go.........but i hope we win the division just to shove it in the most overrated coach in the history of sports cowhers face.....

Making the playoffs at the VERY least is always the point Koop. And the Pats and Colts can be be beaten as any other team in the league. And there is nothing about Coach Cowher's tenure as our Coach or his ability that was ever overrated. He went above and beyond the call of duty especially in light of what he had to "work with" (in terms of personnel),...in regards to maximizing our productivity.

Koopa
09-30-2007, 08:22 PM
all that matters is the super bowl or teh season is a failure, and he had many legit chances to win it and we failed cause of his coaching, it wasn't until he let his coordinators do their job that we finally won it............his nice regualr season record doesn't mean **** to me

okiesteeler
09-30-2007, 08:27 PM
I think Cowher was a great coach for us, and yes some of the games you can blame cowher for, but others of the early loses and exits from the playoffs and the superbowl against the cowboys can not be blamed on him. It does frustrate me that we were unable to do anything against the cardinals today, however at least the others in the division have done crap today, and if our special teams, which have been far from special for years could have done **** today, we had it won, and how do you get the ball on the 4 and not come away with at least a FG?

SteelCzar76
09-30-2007, 08:39 PM
all that matters is the super bowl or teh season is a failure, and he had many legit chances to win it and we failed cause of his coaching, it wasn't until he let his coordinators do their job that we finally won it............his nice regualr season record doesn't mean shiat to me

I understand your perspective lil homey. But if memory serves me correctly i don't remember Coach Cowher being on the field giving us the "banana in the tailpipe" in terms of fumbling, throwing picks, and making the very poor decisions passing that Neil, Tinkerbell (Kordell) and Ben (against the Pats in the title game) did ?

Koopa
09-30-2007, 08:42 PM
but it was his run run run punt style of coaching that made us so predictable that's why it was so easy for them to pick off our qb's and **** like that

SteelCzar76
09-30-2007, 08:52 PM
but it was his run run run punt style of coaching that made us so predictable that's why it was so easy for them to pick off our qb's and shiat like that

Tou'che Koop. But hey,... if you as a coach knew in your heart of hearts that your QB's were indeed your unit's Achilles heals. (No matter what you said to John Q public)

Would you not make some attempt to protect the team and those prospective QB's from themselves ? (in terms of 'management')

black an gold 4 life
10-01-2007, 01:04 AM
i'm with u koopa bill coward is an overated pig!!!! our age as an team is catching up with us

Ambridge
10-01-2007, 04:15 AM
It appears that the recipe for today's "Two gun Pancho villa style clusterf#ck" in the desert was comprised of (as mentioned before),...familiarity, familiarity, familiarity.

Whiz and Grimm's familiarity with not only our blocking scheme,..but with our glorified 'backyard football' Qb, sub par corners, lack of actual talent in terms of depth at receiver. And suspect special teams coverage.

Now add that to Hines and Troy being on the sidelines, along with the Cards actually having more quality players in terms of the number of actual studs in terms of their football lives since childhood,(as oppossed to our bargain basement roster),.....and them playing "out of body" in light of the importance of this win for their coach,.....and you have today's result.

There is a great deal more football to be played this year. But i'm really having a hard time seeing how we overcome our considerable shortcomings offensively as a whole and in our secondary when it's crunchtime in the playoffs against teams that truly can and will take advantage of as much. :cursin:

I'm totally convinced now that the "Experiment" called the "Bruce Arians-Offense" is a complete SHAM.
I figured it would take the Ravens or Pats to expose the Steelers Offense for what it is which an un-organized system of high school plays that makes Mike Mularkey's playbook look like a manual for Astro-Physics.

Shame on the Steelers for that debacle in the desert but it was bound to happen sooner or later.......sorry guys!!!.......no Buffalo's-Cleveland's or 49ers this week.

Hey Ben!! Your former coach made you look like a complete jackass today.
He knew that you'd throw a pick or two and play like hell if you were put in press situations......not to mention throwing in your over inflated opinion of your QB abilities.

If I didn't know any better the Steelers played like Cowher was still on the sidelines today.

Stairwayto7
10-01-2007, 05:30 AM
Damn, one loss, and it comes to this already? Although its all true!

BlackGold4vr
10-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Damn, one loss, and it comes to this already? Although its all true!

:plus1:

One loss and some people are ready to throw the whole team to the wolves and go look for a new coach. :lol: Did I die and Philly and Pittsburgh switched fans? This is how Philly does their team after a loss. Whether we lost by a hundred or just one, it is what it is. One loss. If the season were divided into quarters and we played out the season winning 75% that would give us a 12-4 record. Let's face reality, there are 2 teams who are clearly in their own league with Indianapolis and New England. After that I like our chances against any other team in the league. We will bounce back. Sorry if breaking the 72 Dolphins undefeated season is shattered for you......get over it. We still do have a good team who happened to play poorly this week. Throw out the stupid offsides penalty and the re-do punt that was returned for a touchdown and we were right there in this game.....on the road. Some of you weak *** fans can stick a fork in the team after just one loss but I don't think I am ready to start looking for draft positioning just yet! Go Steelers!

:towelwave: :woodson: :towelwave:

DIESELMAN
10-01-2007, 10:16 AM
:plus1:

One loss and some people are ready to throw the whole team to the wolves and go look for a new coach. :lol: Did I die and Philly and Pittsburgh switched fans? This is how Philly does their team after a loss. Whether we lost by a hundred or just one, it is what it is. One loss. If the season were divided into quarters and we played out the season winning 75% that would give us a 12-4 record. Let's face reality, there are 2 teams who are clearly in their own league with Indianapolis and New England. After that I like our chances against any other team in the league. We will bounce back. Sorry if breaking the 72 Dolphins undefeated season is shattered for you......get over it. We still do have a good team who happened to play poorly this week. Throw out the stupid offsides penalty and the re-do punt that was returned for a touchdown and we were right there in this game.....on the road. Some of you weak *** fans can stick a fork in the team after just one loss but I don't think I am ready to start looking for draft positioning just yet! Go Steelers!

:towelwave: :woodson: :towelwave:

:plus1: No ****!!! Damn what do some of you guys do when you get popped in the mouth? Fall down and start cryin? Hole ****, its a loss that revealed a lot of things but its not the end of the season. Tomlin could do no wrong up until this weekend, now all of a sudden he can't coach? Y'all need to have a little more faith in the Black and Gold. :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2007, 10:42 AM
:plus1: No shiat!!! Damn what do some of you guys do when you get popped in the mouth? Fall down and start cryin? Hole shiat, its a loss that revealed a lot of things but its not the end of the season. Tomlin could do no wrong up until this weekend, now all of a sudden he can't coach? Y'all need to have a little more faith in the Black and Gold. :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope:

Preach it man ! :woot:

This is now Tomlin's time to shine and show that after a loss we can recover and get back to winning. Cowher would just look at film and then go back to the same old same old; Tomlin isn't satisfied with that and he'll get us fixed. It's not like we're broken or anything but rather we just need alittle more tweaking. If that means yanking someone in favor of someone else then do it. We just lost 1 game here, that's all.

BlackGold4vr
10-01-2007, 10:58 AM
There are some other teams who prior to the regular season starting held some pretty lofty goals and would love to trade records with us.

Saints 0-3 (many peoples pick to win the NFC)
Bears 1-3 (viewed as one of top teams in NFC)
Chargers 1-3 (viewed as one of top 3 in NFL)
Bengals 1-3 (picked to win the AFC North and go deep into play-offs)

Any of these teams would love to be 3-1

Those weak Browns that we beat who others quickly dismissed as gimme games, tell that to the Bengirls and Ratturds.

We are better than the experts thought we would be (most picked us to finish 3rd in the AFC North). And not quite as good as we thought we were after going 3-0. We're somewhere in between. :yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2007, 11:14 AM
I'll take somewhere in between and be 3-1 right now anytime :yesnod: The best part about this game yesterday is that yes we our OL stunk, yes we were injured on the defense, yes we were without Hines, yes our ST allowed a big return...but event through all of that we drove down to pull within 7 with 4 minutes to go, we had a chance to tie at the end and the defense only allowed 2 TD's and held James to under 100, so it's not THAT bad right now people.

ARKIESTEEL
10-01-2007, 11:17 AM
:plus1: No shiat!!! Damn what do some of you guys do when you get popped in the mouth? Fall down and start cryin? Hole shiat, its a loss that revealed a lot of things but its not the end of the season. Tomlin could do no wrong up until this weekend, now all of a sudden he can't coach? Y'all need to have a little more faith in the Black and Gold. :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope::plus1::plus1::plus1:

Give em hell D-man ............. We got beat we will do better next week...their is room for doing better all the way around but we will be fine..... And I say this The colts and the pats can hang for all I care!! Nothing is over till its over :tt02::cope:

AZ_Steeler
10-01-2007, 12:22 PM
This is only the Steelers first loss and they can rebound from it. Hopefully there was a lot learned from this game but the offensive line needs realize they need to get their head out of their asses and give Ben the time he needs and open those holes for Willie. You take away FWP's 20 yard run and his stats sucked!!! The o-line is the foundation for the offense and if they can't get it together the offense will continue to struggle!

Ambridge
10-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Pointing out facts doesn't make anyone a "weak" fan it just makes them a Realistic fan.
I for one wont sit around wearing rose colored glasses pretending that the pile of dog crap I see in the yard is a beautiful lawn ornament.

It was pretty obvious that the Steelers offense just stunk-up the joint yesterday and you can bet the farm that teams will follow suit and try and shut down Willie Parker and make Ben beat them with his arm.....hopefully staying cocky/stupid enough to try and squeeze the ball in to bad coverage and picking him off in the process......that's if the offensive line can hold their blocks long enough so Ben isn't getting pummeled to death......not to mention Bruce Arians play calling.

Sure it was only one loss but it was against a team that they should have beat and had the opportunity to.

I've been skeptical from week one about this offense and figured this type of loss would happen later down the road........not against Arizona.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Pointing out facts doesn't make anyone a "weak" fan it just makes them a Realistic fan.
I for one wont sit around wearing rose colored glasses pretending that the pile of dog crap I see in the yard is a beautiful lawn ornament.

It was pretty obvious that the Steelers offense just stunk-up the joint yesterday and you can bet the farm that teams will follow suit and try and shut down Willie Parker and make Ben beat them with his arm.....hopefully staying cocky/stupid enough to try and squeeze the ball in to bad coverage and picking him off in the process......that's if the offensive line can hold their blocks long enough so Ben isn't getting pummeled to death......not to mention Bruce Arians play calling.

Sure it was only one loss but it was against a team that they should have beat and had the opportunity to.

I've been skeptical from week one about this offense and figured this type of loss would happen later down the road........not against Arizona.

For somebody that says they're realistic and which you are....I agree with you but you should see that offensive line is terrible.....You say Ben isn't getting pummeled to death.....but he isn't getting much time back there in the pocket.....He was sacked 4 times yesterday....Plus how many sack did he escape from? Plus he only threw 2 picks and one was a desperation throw at the end of the game.....Another point both Washington and Wilson didn't step up at all yesterday with Ward out.....

I would like to see Brady or Manning do anything with the little time Ben gets in the pocket and with little help from their play makers like Ben does....Only Holmes and Miller stepped up and played well....

GoBenGo
10-01-2007, 03:23 PM
( I still believe )

AZ_Steeler
10-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Ben may have only thrown two picks yesterday but is there a stat for how many should have picked off? I'm to the point now where I think if Ben is given all the time in the world in the pocket that he will find a way to mess things up. It seems he loses confidence in his guys especially when they start dropping passes then he tries to force the ball into those who he has the confidence in which leads to batted and intercepted balls.

I like watching Ben play Houdini escape a couple sacks and roll out and make something out of nothing... that really seems like the times when Ben is most comfortable and probably gets a majority of his yards...

SteelerSteve
10-01-2007, 04:41 PM

I've been skeptical from week one about this offense and figured this type of loss would happen later down the road........not against Arizona.first off, wasn't it ben that threw the touchdown that put us back in the game? Ben didn't do to bad yesterday and to be honest I dont see why anyone would want to chalk this season up as a loss, And one other thing, I am still confident we can be 12-4(or better) and have a good shot at a superbowl run, I hate how some people are already putting the colts and pats in the championship game, if there is one thing that I do know our team has heart, toughness and talent and that should count for something. Some of the so called "fans" should be ashamed to even call yourselves fans. A real fan doesn't say its over after one tough game, and only a cowardly team would try to lose to get a better draft pick.

Ambridge
10-01-2007, 05:01 PM
first off, wasn't it ben that threw the touchdown that put us back in the game? Ben didn't do to bad yesterday and to be honest I dont see why anyone would want to chalk this season up as a loss, And one other thing, I am still confident we can be 12-4(or better) and have a good shot at a superbowl run, I hate how some people are already putting the colts and pats in the championship game, if there is one thing that I do know our team has heart, toughness and talent and that should count for something. Some of the so called "fans" should be ashamed to even call yourselves fans. A real fan doesn't say its over after one tough game, and only a cowardly team would try to lose to get a better draft pick.

When did Ben get us back in the game?? I hope you're not counting the TD that was scored when the Cards were obviously giving up yardage in order to keep the clock running from 4 minutes down to roughly a minute and a half left in the game??
I don't think anyone is chalking this season up as a loss but the cracks and flaws in this offense are starting to show and sorry to say it's not a championship offense.
The Steelers as a whole weren't ready to play on Sunday and Whisenhunt stuck it to his old team.

SteelCzar76
10-01-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm totally convinced now that the "Experiment" called the "Bruce Arians-Offense" is a complete SHAM.
I figured it would take the Ravens or Pats to expose the Steelers Offense for what it is which an un-organized system of high school plays that makes Mike Mularkey's playbook look like a manual for Astro-Physics.

Shame on the Steelers for that debacle in the desert but it was bound to happen sooner or later.......sorry guys!!!.......no Buffalo's-Cleveland's or 49ers this week.

Hey Ben!! Your former coach made you look like a complete jackass today.
He knew that you'd throw a pick or two and play like hell if you were put in press situations......not to mention throwing in your over inflated opinion of your QB abilities.

If I didn't know any better the Steelers played like Cowher was still on the sidelines today.

Well said Ambridge. And i applaud your realism and resolve to think for yourself. As opposed to going through the whole,...."Fawn hearted, biyach made, stick to the herd, Pom Pom and skirt" bit.

And as i'm certain you already know full well that 'free thought' and or the acknowledgment of any room for improvement concerning this organization, doesn't make you or anyone else whom stands firm behind their opinions any less of a "Steelers Fan".:helmet:

SteelerSteve
10-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Well, the fact is we had one bad game and next week will be a good test because we all know that the steelers will be taking it seriously, I still have faith in this offense, and to be honest the niners defense is alot better than the cards and we did fine, so I still think that the offense should have a break out game soon.

GoBenGo
10-02-2007, 02:55 PM
I believe the only ones who want a win more than us are the guys who actually put on the Black and Gold unies!
Everyone should believe that, and if you do not, you have chosen your path.
:nono:This ain't Philly and Chincy! Bad game for our Oline maybe, but at least Big wasn't scraping himself of the turf 12times!! And our skill players aren't bickering spoiled 5year old beaty queens!

Bring on the Seahucks!!!!!!!!
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

DIESELMAN
10-02-2007, 07:29 PM
The one other thing to consider is, we didn't get beat 45-14, we lost 21-14, granted we should've had a better game plan but considering how bad our OL played, D w/o Troy and Casey, no Hines, dropped passes, no running game, extreme pressure damn near every down, we never gave up. Yeah you can say that last TD was a garbage TD, but how many teams go into a prevent towards the end of a game, we got totally dominated and only lost by 7 points. It all depends if your glass is half full or empty.

GoBenGo
10-03-2007, 09:18 AM
The one other thing to consider is, we didn't get beat 45-14, we lost 21-14, granted we should've had a better game plan but considering how bad our OL played, D w/o Troy and Casey, no Hines, dropped passes, no running game, extreme pressure damn near every down, we never gave up. Yeah you can say that last TD was a garbage TD, but how many teams go into a prevent towards the end of a game, we got totally dominated and only lost by 7 points. It all depends if your glass is half full or empty.
DEEZ KNOWS!:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2007, 11:57 AM

That's exactly right Diesel and one of the main reasons for my not throwing in the towel thread. We played like hell and still had the chance to tie late in the game. Our team has so much potential but there will always be stumbling blocks along the way and this was one of them that we just have to learn from.

steelcurtaingal
10-03-2007, 02:32 PM
you guys are horrible. they lose one game, and you all go on and on about how bad our team is, how ben is a bad qb, and how we might as well give up.
if we lose one game, out of every four, that puts us at 12-4. thats a fairly good season! Did evyone expect us to be perfect every game, cause taht is the way you guys are acting. like perfection is the only way.

pathetic:evilshake:

BBG7
10-03-2007, 10:41 PM
you guys are horrible. they lose one game, and you all go on and on about how bad our team is, how ben is a bad qb, and how we might as well give up.
if we lose one game, out of every four, that puts us at 12-4. thats a fairly good season! Did evyone expect us to be perfect every game, cause taht is the way you guys are acting. like perfection is the only way.

pathetic:evilshake:

:plus1:I couldn't agree with you more. It is one game! We played like crap and still only lost by 7 and had a chance to possibly tie up the game and maybe win. It's time to see how our team responds and bounces back. Good teams have bad games sometimes, it's what they do next that matters. Like you said girl, if we split the seasons in quarters and lose 1 out of 4 we finish 12-4. All that matters though is making the playoffs...and we are still in great shape to win the division!!!

SteelerSteve
10-03-2007, 10:58 PM
:plus1:I couldn't agree with you more. It is one game! We played like crap and still only lost by 7 and had a chance to possibly tie up the game and maybe win. It's time to see how our team responds and bounces back. Good teams have bad games sometimes, it's what they do next that matters. Like you said girl, if we split the seasons in quarters and lose 1 out of 4 we finish 12-4. All that matters though is making the playoffs...and we are still in great shape to win the division!!!
Yep, there is no reason to not be hopeful for the rest of the season.:bigthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-03-2007, 11:28 PM
I have no problem with fans bitching or pointing out flaws of the team......Thats what the purpose of a message board is for........people to voice their opinions......I'm usually one of the fans flying off the deep end and bitching with the best of them......But I didn't expect the Steelers to blow the Cards out last Sunday...I even said many times the AZ game was a trap game and it was....The Cards wanted it more since I know damn well that was Coach Whisenhunt's Super Bowl....

Plus I'm willing to cut Coach Tomlin slack since he is a first time HC.....So thats why my complaining has been on the down low this year so far....Another reason to I know the Steelers are a better team then what they showed on Sunday.....

But I won't bash any Steelers fan for knocking the team when they don't play well....Thats their right as a fan.........

For real though all the focus should be on the beating the Seachickens are going to take on Sunday....The Steelers will be in a foul mood since they lost and I know they want to beat the whining and bitch *** Mike Holmgren....lol

BBG7
10-04-2007, 10:02 AM
I have no problem with fans bitching or pointing out flaws of the team......Thats what the purpose of a message board is for........people to voice their opinions......I'm usually one of the fans flying off the deep end and bitching with the best of them......But I didn't expect the Steelers to blow the Cards out last Sunday...I even said many times the AZ game was a trap game and it was....The Cards wanted it more since I know damn well that was Coach Whisenhunt's Super Bowl....

Plus I'm willing to cut Coach Tomlin slack since he is a first time HC.....So thats why my complaining has been on the down low this year so far....Another reason to I know the Steelers are a better team then what they showed on Sunday.....

But I won't bash any Steelers fan for knocking the team when they don't play well....Thats their right as a fan.........

For real though all the focus should be on the beating the Seachickens are going to take on Sunday....The Steelers will be in a foul mood since they lost and I know they want to beat the whining and bitch *** Mike Holmgren....lol

I agree and I don't think anyone was really bashing anyone for being a little pissed about the way we played on Sunday. Hell, I am irate, however, I'm not ready to throw in the towel for the season yet. You know me, I like to stay positive even in the bad times. We are 3-1 right now (which is pretty good), and we all know that all we have to do is make the playoffs then it's anything can happen (and we are still in good shape for that). I could go on and on about everything we did wrong on Sunday and point blame on almost everyone on the field...but it's not going to do any good. I'm sure the guys are preparing for this week, realizing what they did wrong last week, and moving on! It's time to crush the Seahawks butts!

I am suprised at you though...you have been pretty easy on them this year so far...I expected a little more from you lol :banana: