PDA

View Full Version : Seattle vs. Steelers

Hawk Believer
09-30-2007, 07:33 PM
This one has loomed large on the Seahawk schedule for a long time. I wish you guys had beaten the Cards because:
1 - it would have helped us get some seperation in the division.
2 - I imagine your boys are going to be pretty focused this week after that loss.

You guys will obviously favored at home. But if the Hawks can finally get a running game on the field I think we'll have a good chance. Should be a good game.

Stlrs4Life
09-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Love how everybody circles there schedule when they play us! Loomed large? Wonder who we have circled on the schedule?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2007, 07:41 PM
We better be focused because you don't get a chance to take a big lead in the division that often. We're at home, we need this game in the worse way to separate ourselves and get back on the winning track going into the bye week.

Hawk Believer
09-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Love how everybody circles there schedule when they play us! Loomed large? Wonder who we have circled on the schedule?
Come on, are you saying that that seeing Seattle on your schedule didn't pique your interest at all? Where is your sense of Super Bowl nostalgia?:greengrin:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2007, 07:45 PM
This game will be far from easy,and after all the controversy that still haunts so many seahawk fans you know damn well I want this game badly and I would hope the players do as well. We lost today, we need to get back home and start our homework because we cannot lose 2 in a row going into the bye.

StlersGuy
09-30-2007, 08:35 PM
I was more scared about this game ten I was the Cards game and well we see how that worked out for us...

I just want the black and gold to get back on the winning side of things next week and I don't care how they do it as long as they win

black an gold 4 life
10-01-2007, 01:09 AM
if i know mike the steelers will b focused an ready the seahawks madfe the 49ers look like the clowns 2 day wwe have 2 bring our a-game this sunday!!! GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

K Train
10-01-2007, 01:35 AM
But if the Hawks can finally get a running game on the field I think we'll have a good chance.

i hope your planning on doing that between now and next sunday because you guys could beat the living **** out of us and ^ wouldnt happen

K Train
10-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Come on, are you saying that that seeing Seattle on your schedule didn't pique your interest at all? Where is your sense of Super Bowl nostalgia?:greengrin:

if you told me you were a scholar i would believe you after this post lol

pique? i never would have used that in a sentence and i never would have spelled it like that lol

Dako
10-01-2007, 07:49 AM
Steelers in a nailbiter.....um 21-17

Hawk Believer
10-01-2007, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=black an gold 4 life;149505]ithe seahawks madfe the 49ers look like the clowns 2 day[QUOTE]

It was a good game for us for sure but... You can't directly compare to your game with them as Alex Smith was knocked out in the first series. Their O-Line was awful yesterday though. A major step back for them compared to what they showed us last year.

Re: the Seahawk team you play next Sunday compared to two years ago... Our offensive line isn't what it was but they are probably playing as well as they have since Hutch left. Hasselbeck had a ton of time yesterday. He is playing well. The recievers corp doesn't have a superstar but they are all good and we are deep. Our running game hasn't come together yet this season. Alexander is not a guarentee on a third and short anymore. He is thirty but he also has a broken wrist at the moment.

On special teams, we have had two blocked punts this season which is concerning. Our kick recieve has improved greatly since two years ago.

On D, our run stopping is not as good as it was. Our D-Line is missing Marcus Tubbs for the season who was our best front guy for stopping the run. But they did a nice job yesterday against Frank Gore. Our linebackers remain really solid. Our secondary is much improved since you saw them in the Super Bowl.

I can imagine legit scenarios with either team winning. It should be interesting to see how Tomlin leads the team after his first loss as a head coach.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2007, 10:45 AM
This is a pivotal game for both teams and both will view it as a must win IMO. The Steelers need to win and head into the bye week on top of the division. The Hawks still feel that sting of SBXL Im sure so you can bet they'll be torqued up for this game.

Stopping Alexander will be priority one there is no doubt of that.

Hawk Believer
10-01-2007, 10:46 AM
pique? i never would have used that in a sentence and i never would have spelled it like that lol

Well I am floored that I used a word that the great K-Train wasn't totally familiar with. :greengrin: I should go buy a lottery ticket or something.

Dee Mca
10-01-2007, 11:22 AM
We stop Alexander and the game will be ours. Just hope Troy and casey are up for a an old fashion slobber knocker of a game.

AZ_Steeler
10-01-2007, 12:07 PM
You can almost guarantee the Steelers will be ready for this game! There is a lot to prove and they have the bad taste in their mouth after losing to the Cardinals this week...

BlackGold4vr
10-01-2007, 12:19 PM
This will be a tough game for the Steelers and will tell us more about the character and leadership of this team. Surely the Seahawks will take a look at this weeks game against the Cards to see how they exploited our weaknesses. That O-line had better figure out what was broke and fix it or we could wind up seeing a replay of this week next week. Seattle is a better team than the Cards. Hasselbeck - Alexander - Branch will be a tougher challenge for our defense. Should be a great game. Looking forward to it.

:helmet:

Hawk Believer
10-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Seattle is a better team than the Cards.

Kinda wierd we (Steeler and Seahawk fans) pretty much feel that the Cards are inferior to our respective teams. But that freakin team is the only that has beaten the both of us this season. I am not saying at all that you guys or the Hawks aren't better than the Cards, but kudos to them for finding a way to win those two games.

Stlrs4Life
10-01-2007, 06:32 PM

No, cause they are 2 different teams now. And I don't look at any different now when we play the Cowboys, Vikings or Rams. Seattle is no rivalry for us. But I am sure Seattle is looking for revenge on a SB.

steelcurtaingal
10-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Im looking forward to this game more than anyone could possibly fathom. This game means as much to me as almost any other game, aside from playoffs

JB 67
10-01-2007, 07:55 PM
I would love to kill these guys

Hawk Believer
10-01-2007, 08:05 PM

Thats the spirit!:bigthumb:

BlitzburghNation
10-01-2007, 08:12 PM
This game stuck out about as much as the patriot game !

We're gonna have to be on our "A Game" if we are gonna win this one,,,,,
I'm sure them hawks remember us kicking there :moon: in SB XL and they'll be wanting this game bad,,,,,,,,

In a close game,,,,,,, STEELERS 27 HAWKS 20

steelcurtaingal
10-01-2007, 08:32 PM
i do believe a slaughter is in order:yesnod:

steelersgal86
10-01-2007, 09:19 PM
You can almost guarantee the Steelers will be ready for this game! There is a lot to prove and they have the bad taste in their mouth after losing to the Cardinals this week...

:iagree:

blkngldbabe
10-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Ahem......
For your viewing enjoyment..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/BLKNGLD_BABE/mattstache.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/BLKNGLD_BABE/prettyhawks.jpg

SteelerSteve
10-02-2007, 12:40 AM
Living in the great evergreen state, this game means alot to me as well, I dont know what I will do if we lose this game and have all of these hawk fans on my case most likely saying that they should have won the superbowl or some crap like that. I want to win and win big Steelers:24 Hawks:6:helmet:

Hawk Believer
10-02-2007, 01:33 AM
Living in the great evergreen state, this game means alot to me as well, I dont know what I will do if we lose this game and have all of these hawk fans on my case most likely saying that they should have won the superbowl or some crap like that. I want to win and win big Steelers:24 Hawks:6:helmet:

I'll do what I can to have us all go easy on you after the Hawks win. you deserve a pass being in the Navy and all. Where are you stationed?

steelcurtaingal
10-02-2007, 01:18 PM
I'll do what I can to have us all go easy on you after the Hawks win. ?
after the hawks win?:lol:
you hope

GoBenGo
10-02-2007, 02:11 PM
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

Ahem......
For your viewing enjoyment..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/BLKNGLD_BABE/mattstache.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/BLKNGLD_BABE/prettyhawks.jpg
:barf::villagepeople:

SteelerSteve
10-02-2007, 04:04 PM
I'll do what I can to have us all go easy on you after the Hawks win. you deserve a pass being in the Navy and all. Where are you stationed?Actually, I am just getting ready to ship out to basic training in Great lakes, illinois.

steelcurtaingal
10-02-2007, 04:11 PM
:lol::lol::lol::yesnod:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

:barf::villagepeople:

StlersGuy
10-02-2007, 05:06 PM
from the black and gold on sunday
we will see lots of this

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/_photos/2006-09-06-steelers-topper.jpg

and even more of this
http://cdn.channel.aol.com/ch_bv/hineswardtd.jpg

now to the seachickens side well we will just see this

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060206/060206_seahwaks_hmed_8a.h2.jpg

portcityblackandgold
10-02-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm interested in seeing what adjustments we make in the offense. Seahags will come in with a big chip on their shoulders. We havent done well against the Seahags at home. We need to go into the bye week with a win.

Hawk Believer
10-02-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm interested in seeing what adjustments we make in the offense. Seahags will come in with a big chip on their shoulders. We havent done well against the Seahags at home. We need to go into the bye week with a win.

I think you all will try to pound us with the running game. Our secondary is much better now with huge upgrades at both safety positions. Our corners are good but not shutdown types. Our D-Line is playing about aw well as we could hope given the loss of one of our best runstoppers for the season. The did a good job of containing Gore last weekend (he destroyed us last season). But I think that was more about the 49ers O-line stinking it up.

One thing the Hawks D has done a good job of this season is not giving up the home run ball. No more of those Willie Parker running 60 yards for a TD.:banging: I credit that to the safeties.

Anyway, given the circumstances, I would guess you all try to grind out a lot of yards on the ground and use the pass occasionally to keep the Hawks D honest.

ffmc65
10-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Call me wrong, it will not be the first nor the last.....

If and I mean IF in a big way, If the Steelers circled anything it would be the New England game.. Hopefully Tomlin has the Team set on the One game a week mentality...

We have alot of players that are still on this team from the couple of AFC championship loses....

But let this team settled down and get in shape for this weeks game...

Go Steelers.....:cope:

Steelerlyn
10-02-2007, 10:23 PM
We will be okay, the Steelers will win this game and best of all I will be there up close and personal............dang I hope we win this one. We have had this game circled since the schedule came out and chose it to be our annual tailgate weekend. :bigthumb:

Woooooo Hoooooo!~ Go Stillers~! :lol: :tt02::tt02::tt02:

kgreen
10-02-2007, 10:44 PM

Then they can't blame the refs:lol:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, I still love watching that game DVD of Super Bowl XL. Any Steeler that doesn't have The Road to XL HAS to atleast watch it before they die.:helmet:

LatrobePA
10-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Man it's only Weds. and I am already getting tired of hearing how this is a rematch for the seahags etc etc....

Sure it prolly is in a way, but I think Ben has something to prove to them as well. We beat the hell out of them with him WAY OFF in that game, now he needs to prove how badly we can beat them when he's ON!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!

StlersGuy
10-03-2007, 04:42 PM
I heard the Seachickens where going to bring there own Ref to call the game..

And here he is
http://eteamz.active.com/hfc93/images/blindref.gif

portcityblackandgold
10-03-2007, 07:27 PM
O-Line is gonna face another big pass rusher J. Peterson LB, he's number three in the league in sacks. I read the article on Coach Tomlin's weekly press conference and I know he will have the team ready.:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Hawk Believer
10-03-2007, 07:34 PM
O-Line is gonna face another big pass rusher J. Peterson LB, he's number three in the league in sacks. I read the article on Coach Tomlin's weekly press conference and I know he will have the team ready.:tt02::tt02::tt02:

He got three of those sacks last week against his old team the 9ers. He was definately a huge aquistion. I will say though I think more than a few of those sacks should have been split with the secondary that was providing really good coverage.

Tatupu really seems to be improving this season after a good but not much improved 2nd season. He is a fun guy to watch - undersized but tenacious as hell.

DIESELMAN
10-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Our OL is the biggest question of all. Will they rebound from last week? I certainly hope so, The Seahawks are 6th in the NFL in sacks with 13 we got 1 more and tied with the Lions for 4th. OL, OL, OL if they don't shape up, we have no running game and Ben will be tryin real hard to make things happen. BIG TEST this Sunday!!!!!

SteelerSteve
10-03-2007, 11:22 PM
I dont think we have to worry about shutting down Alexander, he will have maybe 45 yards at best. Shutting down the passing attack may prove to be difficult but I think our corners, with Troy out there should be up to it. We should be able to run ok if our line blocks, and if we can get a good balance Ben should have the break out game I have been waiting for since the Cleveland game. The hawks are the best team we have to date, but I think the niners defense was probably a tougher test for our offense. If we come out focused and fired up like I know we will, then there is no way that we lose this game.:helmet: