PDA

View Full Version : Put Up Your Dukes: Best Back-up QB's

BlackGold4vr
09-28-2007, 11:44 PM
On NFL Networks "Put Up Your Dukes" show with Jamie Dukes he picks his top 5 back-ups in the NFL. From 1 through 5 they were as follows:

1. Charlie Batch/Pittsburgh
2. Trent Dilfer/San Francisco
3. Mark Brunell/Washington
4. Kurt Warner/Arizona
5. David Carr/Carolina

Actually, his list kinda sucks. Mark Brunell isn't even listed as the #2 in Washington. The only thing I liked about his list is that Charlie Batch was #1. He is probably one of the most competent QB's to come in and run the team with very little drop off in the offense. Batch is very capable and it is nice not to have a fear of your back-up coming in the game.

:clap:

K Train
09-28-2007, 11:47 PM
charlie is by far #1, everyone was all over garrard and shaubs dick for a while, but they start now lol and garrard sucks

floodcitygirl
09-28-2007, 11:52 PM
I think it's an amazing thing to be able to feel so good about a back up QB. Thank you Charlie.

BlitzburghNation
09-29-2007, 02:42 AM
I can't stand Jamie dukes he's an idiot & he listed what everyone already knew,,,,,,,,,Of-course batch is the best back-up in the league !

:whiz: on that Jack :moon:

Mach1
09-29-2007, 03:17 AM
Batch could be a starter for any team in the nfl. I just hope he wants to stay a steeler when his contract is up.

Stairwayto7
09-29-2007, 06:44 AM
Batch could be a starter for any team in the nfl. I just hope he wants to stay a steeler when his contract is up.

I don`t know about that? he is a great #2 though. And since he is from the Burgh, and at his age, this should be his last stop, I hope.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-29-2007, 06:50 AM
You can bet your last dollar that Atlanta is wishing they still had Shaub right now ! :lol:

Charlie is by far and way the best of that bunch. He's reliable when he comes into the game for us, the players respect him, he's a veteran who's been on losing teams and a super bowl team so he knows how to handle the game.

GoBenGo
09-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Batch is Best! Could start for 95% of the other teams. He is a tremendous asset!

blkngldbabe
09-29-2007, 09:51 AM
How many more years do we have him under contract? I don't see him, with his capabilities, backing up Benny for much longer. He could very well start for one of the lower tier teams and I'm sure he'd much rather that then polishing pine. He IS a hometown boy and all, but he's a good player and I'm sure he'll be looking to move on since he won't have a chance to be our number one for more than a few games in case of injury. Looks like we'll be needing to start the search soon for another capable backup. I don't think the Saint has the goods. :dunno:

okiesteeler
09-29-2007, 10:33 AM
The saint as you call him, keeps getting cut and then resigned, i agree we need another good backup, especially should charlie decide to leave

Dee Mca
09-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Well seeing as he signed a 3 year deal last march. He should be here till the 2009 season. I would love to have him here just to be Ben's backup. We need the experience.

BBG7
09-29-2007, 11:06 AM
It's a great feeling to have such a great back up. It eases my mind if Ben ever goes out...I know we can count on Batch!!!

blkngldbabe
09-29-2007, 11:19 AM
As much as I adore Benny, I wish we leaned more on Chaz last season. Then again, I do think there was more going on than just Ben messing up. The O-line let him get mauled on multiple occasions. Partially it was on him for holding onto the ball for too long. I do think Batch being in for a few more games in the beginning may have helped with some of the issues. Bah...who cares? Last season is a wash and I'm loving the preparedness we are exhibiting so far.

Anyone have any thoughts on who we should bring in to groom for backup in the future?

stillers4me
09-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Why is everybody asking this question when we have BSP??????? :eyecrazy:

blkngldbabe
09-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Ah...sarcasm is a wonderful thing.. :P

K Train
09-29-2007, 11:46 AM
we wouldve made the playoffs if batch played in jacksonville and oakland

:markit:

blkngldbabe
09-29-2007, 12:08 PM
I forget how many "dropsies" we had in those two games. IIRC we couldn't establish a run if they had loosed a pride of lions to chase Willie. Once the run was gone there wasn't much to do. I might need to go revisit that game...with the aid of some nice tequila to kill the memories...lol. Did turnovers not mess up that game as well? I'm so glad that we've focused on better ball protection this season. That and the fact Ben seems to not think that throwing the ball away instead of into double and triple coverage is a cardinal sin anymore. I'd rather take the loss of the down than an INT or sack for big yardage anyday.

GoBenGo
09-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Why is everybody asking this question when we have BSP??????? :eyecrazy:
hey 5th times a charm!
Might do better with George St Pierre!:flex::ktrain:

black an gold 4 life
09-29-2007, 11:34 PM
IT JUST GOES 2 SHOW U THAT THE QB'S N 2 DAY MARKET SUCK ATLEAST THE BACKUPS, CHARLIE IS AN GOOD QB AN I WOULD LOVE 2 C WHAT HE COULD DO WITH OUR OFFENSE, I JUST HOPE HE DOESN'T GET THE BIG HEAD AN THINK HE CAN START CHARLIE STAY AN BACK UP N PITTSBURGH PLEASE

Stlrs4Life
09-30-2007, 12:01 PM
I think it's an amazing thing to be able to feel so good about a back up QB. Thank you Charlie.

True, plus he's a local kid.