PDA

View Full Version : Walter Payton vs Barry Sanders

Rod Woodson
09-28-2007, 10:21 PM
I posted this Poll on my site and pretty much everybody picked Walter Payton so I want to ask the same question on a neutral site. Who do you think is better? Both players are 2 of the greatest running backs to ever play the game.

GxE-NWENCmE

Black@Gold Forever32
09-28-2007, 10:33 PM
I would have to go with Sweetness...He could do it all.....run,catch,block and even pass......I think he is the best RB of all time....But hard to argue against Barry Sanders also....You can't go wrong either way....

Rod Woodson
09-28-2007, 10:35 PM
I think Barry is a better back at running and making players miss yet I feel he was shorted so much of his career playing for the lions. The same can be said about Walter early in his career. My favorite things about walter is his ability to plow over another player or use the stiff arm yet Barry seem to be so flexible and it would take 2-3 players to tackle him.

K Train
09-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Sanders followed by Payton as a close #2,

BlitzburghNation
09-29-2007, 12:51 AM
I voted for walter,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :clap:

I've always loved watching him run,,,,,,,,He never ran out of bounds & he was a helluva guy :bigthumb:

TINO
09-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Awesome video! Scott Mitchell was just viewed in a highlight reel in 2007...lol.

Anyway, they have two very different running styles but I favor the Payton style of smash mouth football. I cannot get enough of highlights of either of these guys. Thanks for the post.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-29-2007, 10:28 AM
I would have to go with Sweetness...He could do it all.....run,catch,block and even pass......I think he is the best RB of all time....But hard to argue against Barry Sanders also....You can't go wrong either way....

:iagree: Payton was just amazing to watch. He had the power and moves. You just can't get tired of watching him.

AZ_Steeler
09-29-2007, 12:19 PM
That's a tough question and one that I have never really thought of... putting championship aside though and looking at their o-lines they ran behind I would have to say Barry Sanders was the better of the two. He could jump into holes and say peek-a-boo and jump back out of that hole and run around the outside quicker than anybody I have ever seen. Sanders was a master of the Whoopty-Doos where Payton could lower his head and plow you over... They both were good but given with what Barry had to work with I would have to say he was better and could have been even better with a better o-line!

Rod Woodson
09-29-2007, 09:48 PM
I voted there are both equals since both have different running styles. I have some great memories of Walter when I was a kid. Barry on the other hand had some incredible runs without the offensive line to help out. Both runningbacks never really had a qb and when they did it was a short term. I wish we could tap Walters mojo and inject it into Cedric Benson.

black an gold 4 life
09-29-2007, 10:38 PM
THEY BOTH R EQUAL BARRY WOULD'VE BEEN BETTER HAD HE NOT RETIRED SO EARLY N HIS CAREER

Rod Woodson
10-06-2007, 08:17 PM
i am getting my voodoo dolls out and bringing walter back from the grave.