PDA

View Full Version : Boldin and Levi Brown Could be Out!!!

FC FURY
09-28-2007, 12:54 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals//articles/0926cardinalsupdate-ON.html

Starting center Al Johnson did return to practice on Thursday

AZ_Steeler
09-28-2007, 01:21 PM
This is huge! If Boldin is out, this allows the defense to focus on Fitz and shut him down. The Cards do have a third option at the receiver spot, Bryant Johnson, but he is to flaky at times. He's shown some signs of being great and possibly being a #2 guy on some other teams but he hasn't been able to pull it all together yet, so he only calls for a "keep an eye on him" until he does something to catch the D's attention.

A Cardinals fan made a comment about Grimm and what he's done with the o-line in AZ... the comment was something to the effect that Grimm could bring someone in from the Geek Squad and have them do just as good as having Levi Brown :dunno: I get his point he's trying to make but I think it might be a little far fetched! :lol: Grimm might be good but he's definitely not that good! Brown is going to be a big loss for the Cardinals, after him they don't really have any household names to come in off the bench. Like Fury said in the Gospel thread, this could create a huge disadvantage for the Cardinals because the Steeler D will be having this o-line for an afternoon snack!

BlackGold4vr
09-28-2007, 01:35 PM
I want those guys to play. I don't want to see all the post game "what if" stories pop up. Besides that we need our team to be truly tested against some better talent to get a better read on what kind of team we have. I never hope for injuries on the other team that might seriously handicap their offense or defense because I am a fan of great football games as well. Some of the most memorable games I have ever watched were the close ones not the blow-outs. Blowouts against creampuff teams might be nice every once in a while but I also appreciate knock down drag out wars that come down to the final gun. Those are the games that truly test the character of your team. The gut check games if you will. So if you are an Arizona fan reading our board know that some of us Steeler fans want your team to be healthy and bring your A-game. We want the best game you got! And if it's good enough to beat us then you deserve the win. Bring it! :helmet:

Mike Tomlin
09-28-2007, 01:51 PM
I'll take the win any way it comes lol!

K Train
09-28-2007, 02:05 PM
irrelevant

NOVA STEELERS
09-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Won't matter either way...........

AZ_Steeler
09-28-2007, 02:31 PM
I want those guys to play. I don't want to see all the post game "what if" stories pop up. Besides that we need our team to be truly tested against some better talent to get a better read on what kind of team we have. I never hope for injuries on the other team that might seriously handicap their offense or defense because I am a fan of great football games as well. Some of the most memorable games I have ever watched were the close ones not the blow-outs. Blowouts against creampuff teams might be nice every once in a while but I also appreciate knock down drag out wars that come down to the final gun. Those are the games that truly test the character of your team. The gut check games if you will. So if you are an Arizona fan reading our board know that some of us Steeler fans want your team to be healthy and bring your A-game. We want the best game you got! And if it's good enough to beat us then you deserve the win. Bring it! :helmet:
:cope: Awesome stuff!!! :cope:

DBR96A
09-28-2007, 02:38 PM
IF ANQWAAN BOULDER ADN LEVY BORNW WUZ HELTHEY THAN WE WOOD OFF >>>WON TEH GAME<<< !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :blah:

black an gold 4 life
09-28-2007, 02:50 PM
HONESTLY IT WON'T MATTERS EXCEPT 2 THE CARDS FANS LOL BUT WITH EM OR WITH OUT THE CARDS R GOONA GET THER AZZZZZ HANDED 2 THEM KURT WARNER BETTER GET RID OF THE BALL FAST BECAUSE ANYTHING MORE THAN A THREE DROP PASS HE WILL B SACKED!!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2007, 03:32 PM
That's exactly what happens to us all the time in the divisional games. Somebody is hurt or out for some reason, then we win, then they all gripe and say well if so and so was playing we'd have won. I hate that ! :cursin: Bring your best shot, we'll take it and then take you to the cleaners !! Week in and week everybody says we haven't played anybody so our wins don't mean as much as other teams. That's what a 3rd place schedule is in the AFCN, we sucked last year, now we're playing teams that we should beat and we are beating them so far. We'll be tested more and more each week and we'll have to be at our best because it doesn't get any easier so yes I'd like to us go up against Bolden and Fitz as well as having to stop the run to see how we stack up and how well we can get our pass rush to pressure the QB and stop James.

TEEMONT
09-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Starting center Al Johnson did return to practice on Thursday

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the possibility of Chukki starting against us this week. I'd love to watch big Hamp push him 2 yards deep every play.

FC FURY
09-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Chukky is the 3rd Team center for the Cards.

If Johnson couldn't go...Lyle Sendlein a Rookie from Texas would have started.

I doubt Chukky is even active for this game.

Somehow an illusion has been sold across Steelers message boards...The illusion Okobi was even a serviceable starter for the Steelers.

I was a fan of Jeff Hartings...There was alot to like. He played through pain most of us could not imagine...He played at a very high level 4 out of the 6 years...He was the ultimate representation of a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Dermonti Dawson is the best football player I ever viewed live at a game. What he did...Still blows my mind...He dominated every aspect of the game. I had the chance(Thanks to my Dad) to see most of the greats of my Era live..Dan Marino Emmit Smith Walter Payton Barry Sanders Jerry Rice LT Reggie White Bruce Smith..I am in the process of doing the same thing with my kids.

I am not old enough to comment about Mike Webster....I remember Webster on the downside of his career...He still was the best center in the NFL at the time(Dwight Stephenson included)

TEEMONT
09-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Chukky is the 3rd Team center for the Cards.

If Johnson couldn't go...Lyle Sendlein a Rookie from Texas would have started.

I doubt Chukky is even active for this game.

Somehow an illusion has been sold across Steelers message boards...The illusion Okobi was even a serviceable starter for the Steelers.

I was a fan of Jeff Hartings...There was alot to like. He played through pain most of us could not imagine...He played at a very high level 4 out of the 6 years...He was the ultimate representation of a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Dermonti Dawson is the best football player I ever viewed live at a game. What he did...Still blows my mind...He dominated every aspect of the game. I had the chance(Thanks to my Dad) to see most of the greats of my Era live..Dan Marino Emmit Smith Walter Payton Barry Sanders Jerry Rice LT Reggie White Bruce Smith..I am in the process of doing the same thing with my kids.

I am not old enough to comment about Mike Webster....I remember Webster on the downside of his career...He still was the best center in the NFL at the time(Dwight Stephenson included)

He is listed as 2nd on the depth chart at the Cards homepage.....and on second thought, he is listed as 2nd b/c Johnson is out...

Well, I'll look forward to seeing Sendlein get pushed around then.

Stlrs4Life
09-28-2007, 05:38 PM

:plus1: Beat me to it.

GoBenGo
09-28-2007, 05:56 PM
agreed, D-Sep, a non-issue!
Doesn't matter WHO you your recievers are when the QB is on his back.