PDA

View Full Version : Dirty hit on Losman?

Stlrs4Life
09-26-2007, 12:11 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3POT8n2Qk3g

Dirty hit on Losman? You be the judge.

AZ_Steeler
09-26-2007, 01:35 PM
This is definitely no Kimo accident... it is rather obvious he through his elbow out to take out the QB! What is the saying... once a cheater always a cheater!

black an gold 4 life
09-26-2007, 02:06 PM
again they r an **** poor cheating team there defense sucks so much they have 2 CHEAT the pats suck, he should b suspended the rest of the year

Hawk Believer
09-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Right or wrong, if the NFL wants to maintain any level of consistancy on the issue, he needs to be punished.

StlersGuy
09-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Now that is dirty

DIESELMAN
09-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Looks like he was tripped up by the lineman, the elbow to the knee wasn't called for. Was there a flag?

BBG7
09-27-2007, 01:49 AM
It looked to me as he was pushed (or tripped) into him, however, the elbow to the knee seemed a little dirty. It looked to me as he put the elbow out to take him down, that part doens't look like an accident. If it wasn't for the elbow going out, I would say it was clean...

RW318
09-27-2007, 02:03 AM
Kimo "accident"? LOL

Anyways, hell yeah it was a dirty hit. Yeah he was tripped but it's all about what you do after that....he looked like he threw his elbow out and it's obvious he knew Losman was there.

BBG7
09-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Kimo "accident"? LOL

Anyways, hell yeah it was a dirty hit. Yeah he was tripped but it's all about what you do after that....he looked like he threw his elbow out and it's obvious he knew Losman was there.

Kimo's was an accident. he didn't throw his arm our to take Carson down, he was blocked into him. I would say the same about this hit if the elbow wouldn't have gone out, but this one could have been avoidable.

ARKIESTEEL
09-27-2007, 11:23 AM
I said no cause it looked to me like he was tripped up and I dont know if he was still trying for the tackle cause he couldnt see the ball...not sure this is a yes or no answer for this

BBG7
09-27-2007, 11:26 AM
I said no cause it looked to me like he was tripped up and I dont know if he was still trying for the tackle cause he couldnt see the ball...not sure this is a yes or no answer for this

Like I said earlier, I kindof agree with what you said. My only problem is the elbow. It's a close call and I would have voted the other way if that elbow wouldn't have come out and hit him.

NOVA STEELERS
09-27-2007, 12:15 PM
That hit was worse then the one Kiesel did on campbell in preseason, he better get fined at a minimum.......

BR7
09-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Dirty. Tripped up or not, I don't know too many people that try to 'catch themselves' or 'brace for a fall' by extending their elbow.

RW318
09-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Kimo was not an accident.

This was not an accident....who goes for a tackle by throwing an elbow? He had enough time to grab ankles or wrap up his legs...he straight up launched his elbow out. He made no effort to brace his fall...although he had time. Anyone who doesn't see this as dirty is blind.

ARKIESTEEL
09-28-2007, 07:37 AM
Kimo was not an accident.

This was not an accident....who goes for a tackle by throwing an elbow? He had enough time to grab ankles or wrap up his legs...he straight up launched his elbow out. He made no effort to brace his fall...although he had time. Anyone who doesn't see this as dirty is blind.

Could he not been aware that the ball was out and gone and was still trying to make a play on the QB.....I dont know what his thoughts where, he from what I can tell was doing his best to get to the QB which is a goal for most all guys on D. I am sorry I realy would say this is more of a maybe than a yes or no. I always think anytime a QB takes a big hit or one that folks might think is dirty they dont need to blame the guy that did it they need to blame the O-Line. The D keep score of two kind of tackles one is just a tackle and the other is a SACK and they love to get sacks.

Just my thoughts

StlersGuy
09-28-2007, 10:47 AM
New England Patriots nose tackle Vince Wilfork was fined $12,500 by the NFL on Thursday for his low, late hit on Buffalo Bills quarterback J.P. Losman, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Losman sprained his left knee during the play on Sunday and is expected to miss at least two weeks. Wilfork was penalized on the play in the Patriots' 38-7 win.
"A lot of people say that was a cheap shot," Wilfork said Thursday before he was alerted about the fine. "I'm far from a dirty player. If you know me as a person, you'd understand that. If you don't know me, don't judge me. If you don't know me, get to know me."

Losman was hurt on Buffalo's first play from scrimmage when Wilfork dived at his knee just as Losman completed a 4-yard pass to running back Marshawn Lynch. Losman tried to play through the injury, but left the game after losing a fumble two plays later.

Rookie quarterback Trent Edwards replaced Losman and immediately engineered a 12-play, 80-yard touchdown drive, though he completed 10 of 20 passes for 97 yards in the game.

Wilfork said he was blocked into Losman.

"I've got one guy tripping me up and I've got one guy hitting my left leg," Wilfork said. "Of course, that's the only reason I was falling. I'm mad because he's hurt. That's what I regret -- him being a quarterback and getting hurt. It wasn't intentional."

Wilfork said he has tried to reach out to Losman to apologize.

"I've got some friends on that team," Wilfork said. "I'll try to talk to him as a person and let him know how I feel about the whole situation."

This was Wilfork's second run-in with the Bills. During a game in 2004, Bills tackle Jonas Jennings suffered a concussion on what he called a "premeditated" helmet-to-helmet hit by Wilfork. Also in that game, Bills guard Chris Villarrial accused Wilfork of kicking him in the ribs on a field goal attempt.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d802bed0f&template=with-video&confirm=true

RW318
09-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Could he not been aware that the ball was out and gone and was still trying to make a play on the QB.....I dont know what his thoughts where, he from what I can tell was doing his best to get to the QB which is a goal for most all guys on D. I am sorry I realy would say this is more of a maybe than a yes or no. I always think anytime a QB takes a big hit or one that folks might think is dirty they dont need to blame the guy that did it they need to blame the O-Line. The D keep score of two kind of tackles one is just a tackle and the other is a SACK and they love to get sacks.

Just my thoughts

With his elbow? If he used his hand or at least looked like he was trying to wrap up I could accept that it was probably an accident. I've never seen someone extend their elbow out in front of them to try and brace themselves from a fall or make a tackle though.

Can you honestly say this was a legit attempt at a clean tackle? Diving with your elbow ahead of you? No way in hell you can....just no way. It did not even look like he was attempting a tackle in any way shape or form....all it looked like to me was he was trying to hit the quarterback low.

Let me say it again....you don't tackle players with your elbows. He had enough time to extend his arm and try wrapping up his legs...hell it looked like he was gonna do it for a second. Then he tucks it back in and lets the elbow fly out in front of him. No way was it clean..or not dirty.

(I had to watch it again....no way in hell it wasn't dirty. No damn way....he saw Losman there and he fell about 5 yards and extended his elbow even further out in front of him when he was coming close to Losman. You don't "tackle" like that. I don't know how some people are debating this.)

Edit: forgot to add I'm one of the ones in favor of letting the QBs actually play football and not touch football. I'm not in favor of letting dirty plays get by though lol.

TINO
09-29-2007, 10:55 AM
That was the first time I seen him all the way through the play. I was thinking before that it seemed like a clean hit. Now viewing this the elbow looked like it was put out to make contact rather than break a fall.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Looks like he was tripped up by the lineman, the elbow to the knee wasn't called for. Was there a flag?

:iagree:

This is similar to the Kimo and Carson Palmer hit from a few years ago. In this case also the DL was tripped up on his way to the QB but unlike the Kimo hit, this chump is leading with that elbow and arm clearly seems to be going for his knee.

okiesteeler
09-29-2007, 01:12 PM
my question is even though i think it was dirty, who would want to intentionally take out J. P. "whats a football look like" Losman. He is no threat to any time, especially the patriots