PDA

View Full Version : Arizona to open the roof up on Sunday...

Troyisabeast_43
09-25-2007, 05:44 PM
That is what I am reading on there website and hearing from some of the media here and there. It is supposed to be 96 degrees there on Sunday, and they said since the Cards have played in there new stadium since last season they have not opened the roof up at all in there during a game. Arizona is apparently also going to make the Steelers wear the dark jersey's on Sunday as well. I dont know if thats confirmed yet if somebody knows if thats true please fill me in. Looks like Whiz is worried and is going to use every single advantage he can get to beat the Steelers at home on Sunday. I dont think it matters though I recall a few years ago when we played Houston down in Reliant it was 90 plus degrees and they opened the roof as well and made the Steelers wear the black jersey's as well and it had absolutely no effect at all the Steelers kicked there *** like 31-7 or something. So Arizona can use every little trick they want too try to beat us I still dont think it will work. While I do think this will be a very good game I still think the Steelers will win in a close battle.

stillers4me
09-25-2007, 05:59 PM
It's sad the the Whiz thinks his team can't compete with us.

I'm sure Tomlim will have on his black sweatsuit and our guys won't be phased at all. It will just be another day in training camp to them.

Remember how they said we wouldn't play well in the thin air in Denver?? :willybs:

AZ_Steeler
09-25-2007, 05:59 PM
They better have it closed... I get bitchy when I get hot and it's going to be ****ing HOT this weekend!!!!

Stlrs4Life
09-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Jacksonville always did the same to us down there when we played them. Nothing new.

K Train
09-25-2007, 06:06 PM
im pretty sure its policy to have it closed on game day.....makes it nice and comfy for the fans

BBG7
09-25-2007, 06:09 PM
oh well...we'll still kick their ***!!!

K Train
09-25-2007, 06:12 PM
lol whats funny is they lost real bad all those years at their old stadium, thats one of the worst home field advantages ever lol

AZSteelerfan
09-25-2007, 06:13 PM
They better have it closed... I get bitchy when I get hot and it's going to be ****ing HOT this weekend!!!!

man i am not sure if i want to go with you.... do i need to bring a pasifier???? :topgun::girlfight:

AZ_Steeler
09-25-2007, 06:17 PM
haha... I just hate sweating for no reason! :D I guess as long as the Steelers are whipping their *** then it 's a good reason to sweat!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2007, 06:20 PM

yeah that getting sunburnt putting up Christmas lights does suck doesn't it ! :reddevil:

Really though, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they have us wear the dark jerseys. Jax did it to us a lot when we played them all the time. It's not like we never play in hot temps or anything. Im sure there will be some cramping up and players will need tons of fluids but it's not like the fact that it's hot and we are wearing a dark jersey is going to help them complete passes against our defense or avoid the pass rush.

Whiz must really be worried. :banana:

AZ_Steeler
09-25-2007, 06:26 PM
There is a big difference between the heat out here and the heat back there in the Midwest. This heat is dry, no humidity so it's actually more manageable when you walk outside. The 90 degree's here is probably like an 80 degree day plus humidity in Pittsburgh... it's not really a big deal and besides that it's just a small opening in the dome so the sun will only be shining straight down on the field for maybe a quarter and then a huge shadow will be cast across the field.

TEEMONT
09-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Eh, we go through training camp in the same heat as they do(except AZ has no clue what humidity is). No reason to be worried.

AZ_Steeler
09-25-2007, 06:31 PM
I hope you are not referring to me about what humidity is because I know all about growing up in the Ohio Valley region... now native Arizonians they don't know what humidity is :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2007, 06:53 PM
There's nothing like walking outside at 7am and immediately beginning to sweat as you walk through a cloud of haze from the humidity that's so thick that everything looks blury :shock:

Gimme that dry heat anyday, oh wait, I don't know what "dry" heat is :lol:

AZ_Steeler
09-25-2007, 06:59 PM
There's the difference... when you walk out side wet here in AZ at 110 degrees, you will be completely dry in no time, where in the humidity if you walk outside wet you are going to stay wet! :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2007, 07:07 PM
I wish I knew what dry heat was, trust me. There's not much worse then having to peel off your leather jacket and boots from riding in 95 degrees with 100 percent humidity !

I can't say I know what it's like to get sunburned hanging christmas lights though :lol:

AZ_Steeler
09-25-2007, 07:19 PM
It's not hard to get burn around Thanksgiving especially when it's 85 degrees and the sun is lower in the sky becasue of the winter solstice being around the corner :D

If you had to choose between a dry heat and heat w/ humidity... believe me you would want the dry heat :bigthumb: Which is why it's not really a big deal for the game this weekend, it's going to be harder us watching the game, and even harder on the cardinals fans especially when they are losing!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2007, 07:31 PM
One of these days I'll come down there and experience some dry heat for myself ;)

Yeah this weekend being so hot will be easier to deal with then going to Florida to play Jax or Miami like we used too.

BR7
09-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Eh, Chris... I haven't gotten my tickets yet.. did you send them? lol. Didn't you say if I redesigned the site you'd be sending me a handful of tickets or press box.. something like that, lol.

:D:D:D:D

Hburg
09-25-2007, 11:02 PM
I hope you are not referring to me about what humidity is because I know all about growing up in the Ohio Valley region... now native Arizonians they don't know what humidity is :bigthumb:

Yea....you living for so long out in the desert has gotten you used to the dry heat. I guarantee when you come back home you'll get a full taste of the humidity, whether hot or cold, and hate it again.

There's nothing like walking outside at 7am and immediately beginning to sweat as you walk through a cloud of haze from the humidity that's so thick that everything looks blury :shock:

Believe me man I know. All summer when I went into work I could tell how much of a hellish day it would be just based on how well I could see the horizon. If it was barely perceptible through the haze I knew it was gonna suck! :lol:

I've only experienced the dry heat a few times when I was in Denver and Cali, it's a lot nicer than the stickiness we have to put up with on the East Coast.

It's just part of living on the East Coast to deal with wringing your clothes out after peeling them off your soaked self, and then having the cold bite your skin off in the winter.

BuFu

TEEMONT
09-25-2007, 11:16 PM

I was talkin about the state

AZ_Steeler
09-25-2007, 11:49 PM
I was talkin about the state

That's what I was figured, but I was just making sure! :D :bigthumb: I don't want to be considered and Arizonian because I am far from it :D

SteelersWoman
09-26-2007, 12:47 AM
I hope the Steelers suggest they wear black themselves--rather than be told by the Cards organization that they HAVE to. Wouldn't that be great? lol

HAH!! Like a little bit of heat's gonna bother our guys!?!?!?

(It wont' affect a win there on Sunday anyway, but just for my own info--I thought that teams were supposed to wear their away jerseys at away games--how is it right that another team can dictate the visiting team's jersey?)

black an gold 4 life
09-26-2007, 01:13 AM
i really believe that this is a statement game 4 tomlin,he knows whiz is gonna pull out all the tricks mike will b ready an focused an believe me the steel curtain will b ready also

SteelersWoman
09-26-2007, 01:56 AM
Just read that the Cards are supposed to wear their home reds, so they're saying that we're probably gonna wear our whites. The story also said that as far as anyone knows, the roof will stay closed. All this is as of right now--no saying it won't change...if I can find the link were I read it, I'll put it in this post.

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/13944387/detail.html

ARKIESTEEL
09-26-2007, 10:19 AM
The year we won XL I went down to Houston to watch them destroy the Texans and the had the roof open and it was damn hot........I think you can look up the hottest Steeler games ever and this one is in the top 5.... It was in the very high 90's touching up to 100. So we will be fine

memphissteelergirl
09-26-2007, 10:26 AM

Ahh....sounds like a lovely summertime day in Memphis....:rolleyes:

GoBenGo
09-26-2007, 02:56 PM
ON TO BURIZONA!!

NOVA STEELERS
09-27-2007, 11:29 AM
closed roof / opened roof, white jerseys / black jerseys it won't matter the STEELERS will still lay a smack down on wiz and the cards........

GoBenGo
09-27-2007, 11:54 AM
i really believe that this is a statement game 4 tomlin,he knows whiz is gonna pull out all the tricks mike will b ready an focused an believe me the steel curtain will b ready also

:bigthumb: Oh yeah, no better way to put closure on this chapter than whoopin the old system with the new system.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
afterthought:
I would think the temp would favor a speed back like Willie. I would not want to chase him in that heat and I don't weigh 300+ lbs. We have a style that exhausts defenses under pleasant temperatures , then steps on their neck during the last gasp with a 5o yd play action pass.
bURN bABY bURN

DIESELMAN
09-27-2007, 09:43 PM
closed roof / opened roof, white jerseys / black jerseys it won't matter the STEELERS will still lay a smack down on wiz and the cards........

:plus1: Yeah Baby!!!!!

StlersGuy
09-28-2007, 10:09 AM
could not have said it better :tt02: