PDA

View Full Version : If you could....

TEEMONT
09-24-2007, 03:11 PM
break one sports record, what would it be, and why.

I have to say, even though I like football more than baseball, I would want the HR record. Even though it is kind of tainted right now, it is still the greatest record in all of sports.

A close second for me would be the all-time rushing leader.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2007, 03:19 PM
break one sports record, what would it be, and why.

I have to say, even though I like football more than baseball, I would want the HR record. Even though it is kind of tainted right now, it is still the greatest record in all of sports.

A close second for me would be the all-time rushing leader.

This one is easy for me.....I would like to break the the most consecutive games with a TD pass currently held by Johnny Unitas....Johnny had 47 consecutive games with a TD pass....Dude thats incredible and with all the great QBs that have come and gone since Johnny U for him to still hold that record is amazing....Especially since the rules favor the offense so much in todays NFL....

Everybody talks about how hard it will be for someone to break Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak in baseball....I think 47 games in a row with a TD pass is much tougher....

steelcurtaingal
09-28-2007, 12:55 PM
be the first woman nfl player ( i know, its "not possible" since you men are so much tougher then we are:willybs:)

StlersGuy
09-28-2007, 04:52 PM
I would like to hold the All Time Rushing record

TEEMONT
09-28-2007, 05:18 PM
be the first woman nfl player ( i know, its "not possible" since you men are so much tougher then we are:willybs:)

that is true....

GoBenGo
11-02-2007, 03:39 PM
I would not mind being the first QB to have a woman for a center!

SteelerSteve
11-02-2007, 03:59 PM
I would not mind being the first QB to have a woman for a center!lmao :lol::bluelol::lol: as long as its not Rosie O'donell or something like that, cause a woman center would probably look kinda like rosie o'donell :lol: for me it would have to be the all time passing touchdowns list, or td passes in a season, or be the first to throw for 6,000 yards in a season.:lol: all of those would be pretty cool

Hawk Believer
11-02-2007, 04:12 PM
I would pick a baseball record for sure, just because statistics seem so sacred in that sport.

I think I would go with breaking the season batting average record. course that record is something like .440 set over 100 years ago...

Being the first break a barrier would be cool. How about running a marathon under 2 hours?

Dee Mca
11-02-2007, 04:35 PM
I have to agree with Teemont I'd want the Homerun record just to start untainting baseball. Second for me would be a combo single game sack record /player of 7 held by Derick Thomas and single game sack record/team. Of course I'd have to be a graduate of Linebacker U and play for the Steeler's.

MDSteel15
11-02-2007, 09:57 PM
1st I'd like to be the first to hit 5 HRs in a game
2nd I'd like to be the first QB to win 3 straight Super Bowls
3rd be the first RB to actually rush for over 100 yrds in every game of the season
4th would be to throw 3 no-hitters in a row.....

BlitzburghNation
11-03-2007, 01:43 AM
I would want to be a LB "breaking the sack record" :banana2:

Also be feared from all O-Lineman & QB's "hell every offensive player" :haha: