PDA

View Full Version : Steelers continue to build some seperation in this division...

Troyisabeast_43
09-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Big help today once again having Cincy and Cleveland both lose in the last minutes, and Baltimore who was on the brink of losing but ended up pulling it out against a scrappy Arizona team who we face next week. The bottom line is as I been saying the schedule sets up very well for the Steelers to be 5-0 maybe even 6-0 here as we move forward the next 3 games. Cincy has a tough game next week against the Pats, Baltimore has a tough game at Cleveland next week, and then has to go to San Fran the following week. I think there is a shot of them dropping at least one of those. Its looking very good for the Steelers to definitely have a 2 game lead of seperation going into the bye week here in 2-3 weeks. Its not time yet to be focused on what the Patriots and Colts are doing in terms of top seeding for the playoffs, but I think its definitely time to look at their schedules down the line and see who they do have. This Steelers team is for real and they are a threat in the AFC big time I really do believe. They will be breathing down Indy and the Pats neck I think all year long.

K Train
09-23-2007, 11:54 PM
your a beast at these things, keep them coming :bigthumb:

BBG7
09-23-2007, 11:55 PM
Big help today once again having Cincy and Cleveland both lose in the last minutes, and Baltimore who was on the brink of losing but ended up pulling it out against a scrappy Arizona team who we face next week. The bottom line is as I been saying the schedule sets up very well for the Steelers to be 5-0 maybe even 6-0 here as we move forward the next 3 games. Cincy has a tough game next week against the Pats, Baltimore has a tough game at Cleveland next week, and then has to go to San Fran the following week. I think there is a shot of them dropping at least one of those. Its looking very good for the Steelers to definitely have a 2 game lead of seperation going into the bye week here in 2-3 weeks. Its not time yet to be focused on what the Patriots and Colts are doing in terms of top seeding for the playoffs, but I think its definitely time to look at their schedules down the line and see who they do have. This Steelers team is for real and they are a threat in the AFC big time I really do believe. They will be breathing down Indy and the Pats neck I think all year long.

I hope your right!!!! It's seems like you always nail these predictions though!!! I agree with K keep them coming!!! :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2007, 12:26 AM
I was definitely happy to see the bunglas and clowns lose today, and the rats should have lossed. This is the time when we need to establish ourself in the division. These are games that we "should" win based on our talent level, team ability, coaching, experience, etc. so it's important to take care of business and build as much momentum as possible and just as important, stay healthy.

Good stuff man, I love reading this stuff of yours. I have to admit that last year when we still had a chance at the playoffs but things looked bleek you were breaking it down nicely and making a lot of sense. :bigthumb:

K Train
09-24-2007, 12:28 AM
actually i think he was the reason we were so close to making the playoffs last year lol

TEEMONT
09-24-2007, 12:29 AM
I like. It does seem as if the division is ours to lose. My 9-7 prediction may be way off. I really thought we would drop an early one.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2007, 12:30 AM
actually i think he was the reason we were so close to making the playoffs last year lol

I think most of us were sitting here at that time thinking he was nuts for still saying how realistic the chances really were but he was spot on. On paper they were realistic but the way we were playing was crap :lol: but hey if he's that good of luck we might be on to something here :greengrin:

K Train
09-24-2007, 12:31 AM
everything that needed to happen happened liked he said, except us beating the ravens lol

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Freaking Rats keep pulling games out of their asses and winning them...They looked terrible against the Jets and almost blew that big lead they had today......Plus old *** Kurt Warner was in the game...Freaking Warner tore them up....lol So the Ravens are not all that.....I'm not worried about the Ravens.....The Bengals need to keep dropping games with Chris Henry out.......When he is in their lineup he makes their offense hard to match up with...He always kills the Steelers.....

BBG7
09-24-2007, 12:41 AM
The Bengals need to keep dropping games with Chris Henry out.......When he is in their lineup he makes their offense hard to match up with...He always kills the Steelers.....
Their defense is so bad though...I don't think Chris Henry can really do much more. I have watched their last two games and CJ and TJ have been making a lot of plays and Carson is putting up the numbers...but their defense couldn't stop a high school team so it's just not enough. Offense sells tickets and defenses win games....and unfortunately for them...they don't have one!

AZ_Steeler
09-24-2007, 12:44 AM
Watching the Ravens give up a huge lead though to the Cardinals is actually very promising for the Steelers future. I think this game for the ravens really showed the D's age today and that it's definitely starting to crumble.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Freaking Rats keep pulling games out of their asses and winning them...They looked terrible against the Jets and almost blew that big lead they had today......Plus old *** Kurt Warner was in the game...Freaking Warner tore them up....lol So the Ravens are not all that.....I'm not worried about the Ravens.....The Bengals need to keep dropping games with Chris Henry out.......When he is in their lineup he makes their offense hard to match up with...He always kills the Steelers.....

It will catch up to them man, they can't keep pulling out wins forever. Sooner or later they are going to have to play football for 60 minutes in all 3 phases and so far they haven't proven that they can do that. Im anxious to see what happens when we play them.

As for the bengals, their defense is just flat out bad. I mean those guys can't get out of their own way so it's no wonder Palmer has a bazillion yards passing because they have to get into a shoot out all the time. It will catch up to them just like it has for the last few years when they started to get more competitive under Marvin Lewis. For a defensive minded guru like Lewis that team sure does play undisciplined and shoddy defense.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Their defense is so bad though...I don't think Chris Henry can really do much more. I have watched their last two games and CJ and TJ have been making a lot of plays and Carson is putting up the numbers...but their defense couldn't stop a high school team so it's just not enough. Offesnse sells tickets and defenses win games....and unfortunately for them...they don't have one!

I agree their defense blows no doubt...But Chris Henry makes that offense really tough to stop.....When Henry is in there as their 3rd WR he creates so many mismatches....The Bengals missed him bad today....

Plus its TJ and Chris Henry that kills the Steelers not CJ...We always shut Chad down....He hasn't scored a TD against the Steelers since 2004....

I'm not worried about the Ravens...I think the Bengals with that offense is the Steelers biggest threat in the AFC North....Thats why I love seeing them drop games before their X-Factor on offense returns...I hate Chris Henry...I think he is tool bag...But when he is in there the Bengals really have three number 1 WRs talent wise....

Plus for how bad their D gets ripped they did hold a talented Seahawks offense in Seattle to only 24 points today....The Bengals defense played much better this week....:lol:

I think the Bengals play the Pats next week....So they should be 1-3 but thats why they play the games...God I have to root for Tom Brady and the ****ing Pats....:lol: That really sucks...lol

K Train
09-24-2007, 12:55 AM
henry and douche used to have our number, but now they fear anthony smith

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2007, 12:57 AM
With our DB's having a good year so far and more importantly a renewed sense of confidence I want to see how Ike, Deshea, and McFadden play against those 3 this year.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2007, 01:00 AM
It will catch up to them man, they can't keep pulling out wins forever. Sooner or later they are going to have to play football for 60 minutes in all 3 phases and so far they haven't proven that they can do that. Im anxious to see what happens when we play them.

As for the bengals, their defense is just flat out bad. I mean those guys can't get out of their own way so it's no wonder Palmer has a bazillion yards passing because they have to get into a shoot out all the time. It will catch up to them just like it has for the last few years when they started to get more competitive under Marvin Lewis. For a defensive minded guru like Lewis that team sure does play undisciplined and shoddy defense.

Dude I know the Bengals D is bad and I agree totally thats going to keep them from being an elite team...But their offense with Henry in there can cause teams to play a shoot out style....That kind of game doesn't fit what the Steelers want to do from an offensive game plan or defensive game plan....Thats the only reason I'm more concerned with the Bengals then the Ravens...I really don't worry about the Ravens at all....I thought they were over-rated last year....:lol:

Its not like I'm really sweating bullets over the Bengals also...lol....I'm just saying I do think the Bengals are the Steelers toughest competition in the AFC North....I think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg from our Stillers this year so far...

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

henry and douche used to have our number, but now they fear anthony smith

I agree with you...I'm just saying I think the Bengals are better then the Ravens....I think the Ravens are 9-7 at best....:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2007, 01:02 AM
The problem with the AFCN is, and this is what makes me :scratch: everytime the guru's give the division to the bungals or rats.

Rats: good defense, sporatic offense and a QB controvery brewing
Bungals: good offense, poor defense
Clowns: good offense when they play a team with no defense...and they have a poor defense.

The way I see it we're the most complete team in the division right now, hands down.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2007, 01:06 AM
The problem with the AFCN is, and this is what makes me :scratch: everytime the guru's give the division to the bungals or rats.

Rats: good defense, sporatic offense and a QB controvery brewing
Bungals: good offense, poor defense
Clowns: good offense when they play a team with no defense...and they have a poor defense.

The way I see it we're the most complete team in the division right now, hands down.

I agree the Steelers are the most complete team...I'm just saying I think the Bengals are really the only competition in this division for us....But they have New England this week and with another loss and a Steelers win that will hurt them bad....:bigthumb:

The Ravens offense is just terrible and really their defense is all that....I think they miss Adalius Thomas bad....They're still a talented bunch on D but not on the level of last year....

The Browns are not even worth commenting on....:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2007, 01:08 AM
I have no doubt the Bungals are the biggest competition for us in the division, mainly because their offense is so potent. I hate getting into shoot outs with teams so Im anxious to see how we do against them this year with our defense and see how well they think they can move the ball against a team that will be in their face all day long :cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2007, 01:13 AM
I have no doubt the Bungals are the biggest competition for us in the division, mainly because their offense is so potent. I hate getting into shoot outs with teams so Im anxious to see how we do against them this year with our defense and see how well they think they can move the ball against a team that will be in their face all day long :cope:

I just didn't want to sound like I was hyping the Bengals...:lol: I just don't really have any worry about the Ravens this year...lol So that only leaves the Bengals as any competition in the AFC North...So thats why I keeping throwing them out there....I really wanted the Ravens to beat them...lol I wanted the Bengals to be 0-3 heading to New England...:lol:

The Steelers will at least split with the Rats this year, but I'm calling a sweep on their sorry *** now...lol

Mike Tomlin
09-24-2007, 02:17 AM
As far as the AFC north goes......

1. Da Browns- Their's really no need to mention them but just for the sake of arguement ..........they get beat bad..............Again. Not even in playoff the race.

2. Da Ben-Gals:smashbengals: - They actually work for us , because they beat the Ravens and Lost to the Clowns. The funny thing about us playing the Bengals is that we beat ourselves everytime we play them. Their high powered offense just goes M.I.A when they play us. Last year the first game we were at a point in the game when we would just ran the ball and milked the clock. After the half we had Palmer eatin 3 and outs until just about about the end of 3rd or in the 4th.Then the damn turnovers kicked in Coclough and Haynes. The bengals got the ball damn near inside the 20 both times. Inside the 20 it's gotta be rough to guard those guys and we let them steal it. Not to mention Ben with the turnovers. We know their defense won't beat us and their offense is scared of us. They'll beat the Browns again but i'm not sure about the ravens.

3.Da Ravens- We're pretty much gonna beat them up like they did us last year. Ya see, Steve is old and his groin is jacked, so if he does play he'll get knocked around pretty bad with the speed of our defense. Even if they throw in Kyle he'll just be confused and get done just as bad. I mean look how the Begals D made them look. The ravens D won't be able to match our offense this year: 1. Their beat up already and the season has just begun. 2. Ben's healthy this year and not gun shy. 3.We spread the field and and go deep which the ravens don't match up well against( Check Bengals game........again).

All in all, if we go 5-0 we got the AFC North on lock. My question is this...... wouldn't it be good for us in the long run if the Bengals beat the Pats next week? The Texans will beat the Colts they let em off the hook today. Plus San Diego is a sinking ship, it's a damn shame what Norv has done to that team LOL! Why would you fire a coach that went 14-2 the previous year? H e had a year left on the contract they should have atleast gave him that year.

Troyisabeast_43
09-24-2007, 02:53 PM
It would be very good in the long run I have definitely been looking ahead to the Steelers schedule and the Pats and the Colts in terms of seeding later on in the year assuming we do keep winning and the Pats do have some very tough games to go still as well as the Colts. The Pats still have games at Dallas,at Indy,at Baltimore,and home against us, plus at Cincy next week wont be a cakewalk either since Cincy is so desperate now to win. Indy has games at Jacksonville who they always struggle with, at Carolina,at San Diego, at Baltimore,and home with New England. If you compare there schedule with the Steelers the Pats and Colts it is much tougher I think down the stretch and toward mid-season.

The key stretch for the Steelers I think now is these next 4 games with 3 of them being on the road at Zona,at Denver after the bye week,and at Cincy the week after with Seattle at home here sandwiched in between. If the Steelers can go 3-1 in that stretch it will put them at 6-1 going into a stretch where they play 4 of there next 5 at home versus Baltimore,Cleveland,Miami,and Cincy here,and a game with the Jets on the road sandwiched in between. If the Steelers can head into November 6-1 entering that stretch they will be in absolutely excellent shape to compete for the top seed in the AFC. And with the way they are playing and who they are playing against the next 4 games there is no reason to believe they cannot do exactly what I just said.

Say what you want but homefield and seeding in this years playoffs with as good as Indy and the Pats are is going to be very very critical when it comes down to November and December. The bottom line is you gotta win as many games as you possibly can, and seeing who the Steelers,Pats,and Colts play down the stretch I definitely think the Steelers have a chance to win just as many if not more then both of those teams.

AZ_Steeler
09-24-2007, 03:23 PM
In summary... finishing 8-8 last year was probably more of an advantage towards this year more than anything! :bigthumb:

Mike Tomlin
09-24-2007, 03:48 PM
In summary... finishing 8-8 last year was probably more of an advantage towards this year more than anything! :bigthumb:
Now that's it's in the past lol, it's really motivation to show that they weren't an 8-8 team last year.

black an gold 4 life
09-25-2007, 02:09 AM
i believe pittburgh will b 7-0 once our offense catches up 2 the d we will b an force 2 reckon with

NOVA STEELERS
09-25-2007, 11:59 AM
The so called experts did not give our STEELERS a chance in hell to win the Division. After watching the clowns, bungels and ratbirds these first 3 weeks of the season, I myself like our chances extremly well in capturing another Division Crown...... GO STEELERS!!!!!

black an gold 4 life
09-25-2007, 01:49 PM
steelers will b 4-0 the cards r not on our level

NOVA STEELERS
09-27-2007, 11:18 AM
bungels and either clowns or ratbirds will drop another game back this weekend........... keep on adding seperation to them