PDA

View Full Version : Ward injured Week 3, **Update 9/28, now OUT for this weekend game

BBG7
09-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Steelers | Ward injured Week 3, should be fine for Week 4
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:30:02 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Pittsburgh Steelers WR Hines Ward (leg) left the team's Week 3 game with a bone bruise in his leg. He should be fine for Week 4.

from KFFL.com

I also recieved the KDKA text message about it.

I'm glad it's nothing serious!:tt02:

K Train
09-23-2007, 10:56 PM
even if hes not im really comfortable without him still, nate made 2 starts or him last year and played great.

he'll play though, hes a beast

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2007, 12:21 AM
I also got this text and was worried for a bit, but then you realize that hey this is Hines Ward we're talking about here. IF they guy could play in a wheel chair he'd be doing it.

AZ_Steeler
09-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Ward was going beat around like a rag doll out there today. He took a lot of hard hits but always bounced right up from them. We should feel fortunate that he left with only a bone bruise :bigthumb:

StlersGuy
09-24-2007, 02:29 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward bruised a bone in his leg while absorbing a hard hit from San Francisco safety Mark Roman in the third quarter Sunday and left the game.
The Steelers did not announce the injury until the game ended, but Ward was not seen on the field during the fourth quarter. He was spotted leaving the Steelers' locker room, in street clothes, with about two minutes remaining and did not talk with reporters.

After the game, doctors were seen showing X-rays of Ward's leg to team officials, but no further information about the injury was disclosed. Normally, coach Mike Tomlin does not offer injury updates following his postgame news conference until his weekly Tuesday news conference.

"There will be further tests and we'll have more information on that area later on," said Tomlin, who did not disclose if Ward hurt his left or right leg.

Ward was hurt while being the intended receiver on two consecutive plays on a drive that ended with a Jeff Reed 36-yard field goal, putting them up 17-6 in a game they won 37-16.

On a third-and-10 play from the 49ers 18-yard line, Ward couldn't catch a short pass from Ben Roethlisberger that sailed wide. Ward was immediately leveled by Roman, but got up quickly and there was no apparent sign of an injury.

Ward ended the game with one catch for 2 yards and a 7-yard run, giving him 136 consecutive games with at least one catch. A four-time Pro Bowl receiver, Ward has nine catches in three games this season and 657 in his career, the most in Steelers history.

Roethlisberger wasn't certain of Ward's status, but said the Steelers have enough receiver depth with Santonio Holmes, Cedrick Wilson, Nate Washington and Willie Reid if Ward is out. The Steelers also are using their tight ends much more than in the past. Heath Miller had a team-high four catches for 82 yards and Jerame Tuman had the third touchdown catch by a backup tight end in three games.

"We've got enough guys that we can keep going with the offense," Roethlisberger said. "Obviously, we'd like to have Hines out there and we miss him out there, but we've got enough guys that we can go if we need to."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

source (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8029be0b&template=without-video&confirm=true)

Blitzburgh55
09-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Ward killed my fantasy team i lost by 10 he got me 1 point and i was playing the guy who had Kevin Curtis who had 55

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Just got the text from KDKA that there is no damage via an MRI so he should be good to go.

TEEMONT
09-24-2007, 03:22 PM
I got the same text. I don't like the fact that he left the stadium before the game was over. I know it was probably to go get some treatment, but it sounds like he didn't get his MRI until today. I would have rather seen him on the sideline in street clothes, rather than leave the game.

Mike Tomlin
09-24-2007, 04:06 PM
I got the same text. I don't like the fact that he left the stadium before the game was over. I know it was probably to go get some treatment, but it sounds like he didn't get his MRI until today. I would have rather seen him on the sideline in street clothes, rather than leave the game.

Nah the game was pretty much in hand, let him go home and get started with treating it so he can get back on the field. You know traffic , reporters, etc.

TEEMONT
09-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Nah the game was pretty much in hand, let him go home and get started with treating it so he can get back on the field. You know traffic , reporters, etc.

Part of me agrees with you, but I want the guy with the "C" to be there until the end.

Stlrs4Life
09-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Glad to hear he will be OK.

black an gold 4 life
09-25-2007, 02:19 AM
HEY THAT'S WHAT'S THE HOT TUBE IS 4 WARD IS AN BEAST ALSO HE'S BEEN PUTTN IT DOWN 4 US 4 10 YEARS IF HE HAS 2 HE SHOULD SIT OUT THIS ONE WE CAN BEAT THE CARDS WITH OUR SECOND STRING IF WE HAVE 2 LOL

steelersgal86
09-25-2007, 06:28 AM
Glad to hear he is okay :tt02:

NOVA STEELERS
09-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Glad to see Captain Smiles will be leading our STEELERS to another W this week.............

TEEMONT
09-25-2007, 12:50 PM
I just got a KDKA text saying he will be listed as doubtful.

BBG7
09-25-2007, 02:53 PM
I just got a KDKA text saying he will be listed as doubtful.

I got the same one...and from kffl.com

Steelers | Ward doubtful for Week 4
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:44:02 -0700

David M. Brown, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers WR Hines Ward (knee) has a sprained knee and is listed as doubtful for Week 4.

K Train
09-25-2007, 02:57 PM
nate will do fine just like he did a few times last week, i really like nate and really believe that the longer he is on the field the better he gets anyway, not a great off the bench guy but i think he will have a good day....plus santonio is a ****ing monster. and that little bitch wilson might be able to do something.

is spaeth playing?

TEEMONT
09-25-2007, 03:19 PM
I love your hate for Ced...lol

I havent read anything on Spaeth yet.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2007, 04:12 PM
This is Nate's time to shine. He'll get a lot more chances this week. Cedric can be a good WR too, he seems to not be as good in regular duty but rather is good off the bench and Nate is better the more he plays so maybe they'll balance themselves out :lol:

StlersGuy
09-26-2007, 02:14 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward has a sprained right knee and is doubtful for Sunday's game at Arizona.

Ward has missed only three games due to injury in 10 NFL seasons, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday he hasn't ruled Ward out of the game.

"I have learned not to count a guy like Hines Ward out," Tomlin said. "That's why I'm saying it's being characterized as doubtful. We'll take it day to day and see where he is."

Ward, injured during a 37-16 victory over San Francisco on Sunday, walked without a limp while reporting to a team meeting Monday, but was on crutches later in the day.

Ward was hurt while being the intended receiver on consecutive plays during a Steelers drive early in the third quarter. He had one reception before leaving the game, extending the four-time Pro Bowl receiver's streak to 136 consecutive games with at least one catch.

Steelers center Sean Mahan also sprained a knee against the 49ers, but stayed in the game by wearing a brace. He is expected to play Sunday.

"It may limit him somewhat in practice (Wednesday), but we expect him to be up and running and ready to go definitely by Thursday," Tomlin said.

Rookie tight end Matt Spaeth is questionable because of the bruised quadriceps that kept him out of the 49ers game. Spaeth caught two touchdown passes in the Steelers' first two games.

NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d802b1e78&template=with-video&confirm=true)

GoBenGo
09-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Ward killed my fantasy team i lost by 10 he got me 1 point and i was playing the guy who had Kevin Curtis who had 55

:nono:this is why I don't draft Steelers for FF. I have too much emotionally invested in my love for the black and gold.
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
I do hope Hines is well enough to play effectively. Don't want to see him turn something not so serious into something dire.

SteelerNation
09-26-2007, 04:30 PM
I got FW for my starting RB on my FFT Im a homer ? what can i say just like i have Big ben as my starting QB :lol:

But i also hope ward gets well soon i hate to see him out for a game but i also dont want him to make something minor into something dire!

NOVA STEELERS
09-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Hines can take the day off and rest up for the seaducks........ Miller and Holmes can carry the passing game while Willie takes a break between runs and another 100 + game

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Got the word from KDKA that Hines is ruled out for the game this weekend.

AZ_Steeler
09-28-2007, 07:10 PM
This can be good and bad... good in a sense that the Cards secondary will feel like they have the day off and one of the Steelers receivers will step up in a big way.. but then it's bad becasue Ward draws a lot of attention and is vital to the running game with the intangibles he brings to table every week! However... Holmes has shown some glimpses of being Ward like with laying dudes out!

Prosdo
09-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Hopefully Hines will be back for the Seahawks game. Disappointed that he isn't playing against the Cards.

BBG7
09-29-2007, 10:31 AM
I think we will be ok. Of course, I want Ward out there, but it seems like we have enough weapons to get through it. I'm hoping he will be back next week. Rest up and get healthy Hines!