PDA

View Full Version : LT vs. Willie

BlackGold4vr
09-23-2007, 04:31 PM
LT had 62 yards on 22 carries today. 2.8 yards per carry average. 130 yards for the season.

Willie had 133 yards on 24 carries. 5.5 yards per carry average. 368 yards for the season.

If thats how them feature backs perform, I'm sure glad we don't have one! :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Damn LT hasn't done jack for me all year. I have him in 2 of my FF leagues ! :cursin: Fast Willie has been money for us and he's getting better all the time. The OL is getting better and together they are going to be downright awesome for us as the year goes on. Willie is still learning how to run in this offense and that will just take time but today especially he really earned his yards and made a lot of tough runs.

Stairwayto7
09-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Willie is Willie! Not LT. LT is already being named with the best backs ever. Willie is still trying to get respect, and as long as he is working to get respect, he will be running all over opponents!

SteelerSteve
09-23-2007, 07:41 PM
:2cents:when willie said he wanted to be better than LT he really set the bar low :lol::lol: but seriously willie is making a big name for himself, and has had his third consecutive 100 yard game, I think it should be 5 by the time we have our BYE

PsychoWard
09-23-2007, 08:42 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again i love the fact that willie is setting his goals high. Is willie better than L T???? So far this year yes he is! The one thing i love about willie is he has the drive and the fire to want to be the best! as fast as he is all he needs is a little more experience, he is still young and he is proved already that that he is one of the best in the league! LT is probably one of the best ever this guy is a machine, but Give Fast Willie a couple of years and i think he has the speed and the drive to be the BEST in the NFL.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2007, 09:00 PM
I wasn't sure how well the running game would do early on in the season with the renewed focus on offensive being more towards mult TE's and more passing options in general but so far FWP has gotten better each week and he's earing the tough yards as well as the long gains.

BlackGold4vr
09-23-2007, 09:13 PM
I think FWP is one of the best in the league! He runs with power, his speed can be matched with any runner in the league, and he is just now starting to run with patience and wait for the holes to develope. The sky is the limit IMO. There are NO running backs that can do it without some great blocking and thus far ours has given Willie plenty of running lanes. That was a concern for all of us heading into the season, the cohesion of our O-line. So far so good and they will get better as they play together more. Scary isn't it? Willie is close to the lead in rushing if he doesn't have it and he still hasn't busted a long (50+ yard) run yet. :clap:

BBG7
09-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Willie is looking good. He's finding the holes, breaking tackles, and using his speed like he should. He needs to keep it up and make sure he holds on to the football and he should finish out the year strong!

Koopa
09-23-2007, 09:35 PM
you are a ****tard for comparing them, you are only posting this **** off what i said a few weeks ago, but yet you were to dumb to realize i was comparing what lt has done his whole career, 3 bad games don't make him a bad player, he's been great his whole ****ing career........... but i shouldn't be surprised that you didn't understand, you are a bush lover

it's just sad that you like willie just because he wears black and gold, you'd be talking down on him if was with any other team

BlackGold4vr
09-23-2007, 09:51 PM
you are a ****tard for comparing them, you are only posting this shiat off what i said a few weeks ago, but yet you were to dumb to realize i was comparing what lt has done his whole career, 3 bad games don't make him a bad player, he's been great his whole ****ing career........... but i shouldn't be surprised that you didn't understand, you are a bush lover

it's just sad that you like willie just because he wears black and gold, you'd be talking down on him if was with any other team

I understand perfectly! I was pushing your buttons and it worked. So predictable. I know LT is good but I don't worship him as you do. Is it that Willie was an undrafted free agent that he can never measure up for you? If LT is with a team like the Browns or the Cards we wouldn't even be talking about him at all. He has benefitted from running behind a great O-line. Show me a HOF running back and I can find a HOF blocker that led his way.

Koopa
09-23-2007, 10:13 PM
but lt was with the browns pretty much, you do realize the chargers have only been good these last few years right?? he was on a losing team too, the year before he came to the chargers they were 1-15, his rookie year they were 5-11, and then 8-8 and then 4-12, and he still produced........ so i'm not only basing what i said off of last year, i'm talking about his whole career that has been nothing sort of great

and the reason willie can't live up to my standards is because i expect so much from him cause he straight up said he wants to be even better then lt..... sure he's had 3 very good games in a row, but i still don't see it since we've played average teams at best these last 3 games, and when you watch lt over his career, you know you are watching greatness, when i watch willie i see a pretty good back but could be better

and just cause i say willie isn't a feature back doesn't mean i don't respect him, he's one of my favorite players on the team....... and very fun to watch cause he has that break away factor that makes teh game fun to watch

DIESELMAN
09-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Lets not forget LT is in his 7th year in the league, so hes more of a household name, especially the past few years. Give FWP a few more seasons under his belt and see where hes at then. :bigthumb: I'm waitin on Willie to have a breakout game here in the next few weeks 150 yds rushing-2 TD's and about another 50 yds receiving (maybe a TD) hes going to have one, hes due and hes payin his dues, hes definitley earned it in my book. :bigthumb:

MDSteel15
09-24-2007, 12:42 AM
and the reason willie can't live up to my standards is because i expect so much from him cause he straight up said he wants to be even better then lt..... sure he's had 3 very good games in a row, but i still don't see it since we've played average teams at best these last 3 games, and when you watch lt over his career, you know you are watching greatness, when i watch willie i see a pretty good back but could be better

I'm not here to give you any crap, but I just want to say that FWP has now rushed for over 100 yards in 6 of the Steelers last 7 games going back to last year! So it's not just a coincidence. :tt02:

black an gold 4 life
09-24-2007, 05:37 PM
WILLIE IS AN BEAST an will get his n due time go willie

TEEMONT
09-24-2007, 05:43 PM
There is no comparison...yet. Eventually there will be, but I am not gonna talk **** on LT just 3 games into the season, especially when the rest of his team is playing like *** as well.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Exactly like Teemont said....Hard to knock LT for his slow start.....He is one of the best RBs of alltime already and will be an the Hall of Fame one day.....As for Fast Willie Parker he just keeps getting better and better....I think Willie has cemented himself as one of the best RBs in the game today.....So he is a featured RB.....

K Train
09-24-2007, 07:21 PM
willie parker=baller

NOVA STEELERS
09-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Willie has definately improved with each game and each carry, he is getting stronger as the game goes on and doesn't seem to like when he comes out of the game, he is the complete back that teams kill for.........