PDA

View Full Version : Yes, there are TE's in Pittsburgh !!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2007, 03:45 PM
We're ya been TE's ? I'll tell you where; under-utilized over the last 15 years that's where !

Tuman makes a big TD catch today and Heath Miller had 4 catches for 82 yds today. They were money for Ben today again; even with Spaeth out Tuman showed that he's still a valuable member of the team. I love how we're using these huge targets in our offense, it makes us so much more potent of an offense when the LB's and DB's have to account for multiple TE's at any given time where as in the past we never used them so nobody worried about them.

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-23-2007, 04:11 PM
When was the last time a TE finshed a game as the steelers leading reciever?

Stairwayto7
09-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Top GUN

You are so right! And I`ve been saying the entire off season, why waste a 1st rounder on a TE if your not going to use him.

SteelerSteve
09-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah, whats up with Heath taking all of Holmes and Wards stats?:lol: Oh well, keep it up:bigthumb:

TEEMONT
09-23-2007, 08:09 PM
I loved it. I thought Heath had a fantastic game, and he would have had an even better one if he could have gotten that foot down.

PsychoWard
09-23-2007, 08:10 PM
heath is a beast and this guy is so unselfish you never hear him complain. he comes in every game to play football and imo is so underrated as a TE!! i mean the guy is a great blocker and very rarely drops a ball!! great game from both tight ends today!!!!

SteelerSal
09-23-2007, 08:14 PM
TE's being used finally.........it's a beautiful thing!:clap:

There is no reason why Heath's name does not belong with the likes of Crumpler, Gates and Gonzales,the last few seasons, if he was used the way he was suppose to. Maybe now he will get recognition as another threat on our offense.:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Good point Sal; by the end of this year there's no reason why Heath shouldn't be named in the top TE's in the league. I bet Miller and Tuman almost have to pinch themselves every night because we're finally utilizing such a great weapon and we've just begun to tap the potential that our group has !

BBG7
09-23-2007, 09:07 PM
I love what I'm seeing. We are keeping defenses guessing and FINALLY taking advantage of our TEs.

kgreen
09-23-2007, 09:09 PM
When was the last time a TE finshed a game as the steelers leading reciever?

Probably a Thursday night in 2006 when Heath Miller caught a TD that gave the lead and ultimatly the game.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2007, 01:16 AM
I loved it. I thought Heath had a fantastic game, and he would have had an even better one if he could have gotten that foot down.

That was great effort by Heath to catch that ball...I don't care if he didn't get both feat down it still was one hell of a catch and in college football it would have been a catch..lol

AZ_Steeler
09-24-2007, 11:33 AM
I think the Steelers are using the TE just a little to much, or should I say to many of them. :D I went with Heath on my fantasy team this week and he got me the yards but Tuman stole the TD :bigthumb: I guess it's not that big of a deal it just makes secondaries account for every single TE and WR that is on the field... good luck to them!

Prosdo
09-24-2007, 11:34 AM
I love the fact that Tomlin is using the TE's as more than blockers. When Cowher drafted Heath I loved the pick, but Cowher never used him much. Thankfully Tomlin sees the threat a TE gives in the passing game.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2007, 04:54 PM
I still wonder how good Bruener would have been if we'd have used him to his potential in the passing game. Eric Green was the last TE to really get used before Heath came along; man he was a monster when he was healthy and his head wasn't up his ***.

Stlrs4Life
09-24-2007, 05:03 PM
I hear ya, in the past you always wondered if we had 1 on the team. But we always drafted one it seemed like.

NOVA STEELERS
09-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Was really nice seeing the TEs involved more in the game planning, wish Heath got the TD thou, didn't help my fantasy #s going to Tuman lol