PDA

View Full Version : Who's your Player of the Game, for week 3 ?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Who is your SA Player of the Game for week 3 ? Any other suggestions just let me know !

K Train
09-23-2007, 04:56 PM
th TEs

BlackGold4vr
09-23-2007, 05:12 PM
I gave it to Rossum. He got the game off to a great start. That was a huge momentum swing!

:touchdownrun:

Koopa
09-23-2007, 05:24 PM
i hate these last three games, it's so hard to pick cause no one stood out as the reason we won, it was just a whole team playing great........ see this what a team looks like when you have a good head coach

okiesteeler
09-23-2007, 05:33 PM
way to go steelers and I voted for Big Ben

seth_westover
09-23-2007, 05:36 PM
i picked willie! just because u didnt combine special teams as a whole!! they controled the game!! i was a lil disapointed with the play of the boys today tho! we made quite a few mistakes!! but we still dominated!! scary thought!! lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2007, 05:46 PM
i hate these last three games, it's so hard to pick cause no one stood out as the reason we won, it was just a whole team playing great........ see this what a team looks like when you have a good head coach

Ain't it great too ! :greengrin: Seeing so many players every week step up and be counted on is just awesome. We don't have to rely on just Hines, just Willie, Ben or the defense and hope that one of them makes a big play for us to win or keep us in tough games. We now have everybody contributing and everybody is making plays that really help us every week.

introyitrust
09-23-2007, 05:48 PM
I voted for Allen Rossum.
His kickoff return was a HUGE momentum shifter especially since it came after the 49ers moved down the field for a FG on their first drive.
Who knows what would have happened if Rossum didn't return it.
He also had a nice tackle (maybe more then one) on the coverage team.

Stairwayto7
09-23-2007, 05:49 PM
The Tight Ends came up huge, if the Miller sideline catch would have been in! Damn that would have brought another TD

K Train
09-23-2007, 05:49 PM

lol your nuts, you bitch and moan about how much we suck and how much arians is a ****ing bum and they you say this :lol:

seth_westover
09-23-2007, 06:10 PM
DSEP NEEDS TO BE ALLOWED TO RUN A FAKE OR TWO!!! lol! whether it be on a punt or a field goal attempt!! lol! hell we let him on the onside kick team!! THE HANDS TEAM IS OUT THERE!!! AND WE HAVE A PUNTER OUT THERE?!?!?!?! UR DAMN RIGHT BECAUSE DSEP IS A BEAST!!!!!

sniff, sniff! u guys smell that? I SMELL A ****IN PRO BOWL!!!

GoBenGo
09-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Rossum made the game ours.
The dude, is a gambreaker!:banana:
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

portcityblackandgold
09-23-2007, 07:30 PM
The Rossum return set the mood but Fast Willie was steady all day

SteelerSteve
09-23-2007, 08:31 PM
The defense would be my pick, but I had to go with the TE's especially heath he made some great grabs

stillers4me
09-23-2007, 08:43 PM
It's was a supurb team effort.......just what it takes to win a championship!!!

PsychoWard
09-23-2007, 09:18 PM
my vote goes to Rossum. i think he set the mode for the game! right after san fran drove down the field and scored a field goal the announcers said " this is the first time this year that the steelers trailed" and then two seconds later rossum runs it back imo that was huge!!

Blitzburgh55
09-23-2007, 09:39 PM
i went with
Allen Rossum

BlitzburghNation
FWP got my vote ,,,,,,,,,,:bigthumb:

three 100 plus rushing games ~~~~ :clap:

BBC
You guys are too much. Daniel Sepulveda gets a nomination for averaging 42 yards per kick? Gadocki averaged 41.3 last season and you were calling for his head.

PsychoWard
09-23-2007, 09:46 PM
You guys are too much. Daniel Sepulveda gets a nomination for averaging 42 yards per kick? Gadocki averaged 41.3 last season and you were calling for his head.

he also recovered an onside kick. name me one other punter in the nfl that is out on special teams other than to punt the ball! i think that was the main reason he was nominated!

BBG7
09-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Rossum gets my vote! Great return and the Steelers hit the jack pot trading Atlanta for him. We finally have a ST we can be proud of!

Close second would be the TEs...they came up big today.

Great job by the entire Steelers team!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2007, 10:14 PM
he also recovered an onside kick. name me one other punter in the nfl that is out on special teams other than to punt the ball! i think that was the main reason he was nominated!

Yes indeed that was the main reason. 42 yds per kick is nothing super special but his placement and directional kicking today, combined with that recovered onsides kick was the clincher for him to get nominated.

StlersGuy
09-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Rossum gets my vote all the way

BlackGold4vr
09-23-2007, 10:26 PM
With all the votes for Rossum, somebody better make sure they can find a picture of him to post! :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Im actually looking for one now so if he ends up being the winner we better get a good one :lol:

Edit... I got one :bigthumb:

Koopa
09-23-2007, 10:29 PM

you do realize punting isn't only about the distance right?? you do know the reason his avg is so short right?? you do know that he's placed most of his punts inside the 20 and inside the 10 right??? don't be so simple minded when it comes to thinking about punting, cause there's a lot of other stuff the punter must do to be good, and it's not the avg. length, it's the field position

BlackGold4vr
09-23-2007, 10:42 PM
you do realize punting isn't only about the distance right?? you do know the reason his avg is so short right?? you do know that he's placed most of his punts inside the 20 and inside the 10 right??? don't be so simple minded when it comes to thinking about punting, cause there's a lot of other stuff the punter must do to be good, and it's not the avg. length, it's the field position

Wow! I find myself in the rare position of agreeing with Koopa. :lol: You hit the nail on the head with that post!

:plus1:

K Train
09-23-2007, 11:12 PM
BBC is a d-sep hater and he has been since day one, he couldnt believe we would draft him in the 4th or trade a 6th because we value are late round picks so much (lol)

hes a beast for us and since your so big on stats here why dont you compare the return yardage gardocki allowed compared to seps

TEEMONT
09-23-2007, 11:15 PM
I gotta go with Awesome Rossum

He set the tone with that return, and gave the D something to work with.

DIESELMAN
09-23-2007, 11:24 PM
can we vote for 2? definitely Rossum, he delivered when it was still close and we broke it open, it got the team even more pumped up and focused. :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2007, 01:29 AM
I think the day that DSep wins this honor Kyle will have to excuse himself to the little boys room :lol: :lol:

AZ_Steeler
09-25-2007, 02:26 AM
SA's Player of the Game for Week #3

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/img/potg/2007/week3_potg.jpg

Allen Rossum

NOVA STEELERS
09-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Live and die by the run so I say WILLIE........ give em the rock dammit, lol

Prosdo
09-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Rossum for sure. That return was bad ***!

black an gold 4 life
09-28-2007, 01:57 AM
HEY ONCE THE OFFENSE CATCHES UP WITH THE DEFENSE AN SPECIAL TEAMS MAN PITTSBURGH IS GONNA B AN FORCE 2 REKON WITH

BBC
09-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Yes indeed that was the main reason. 42 yds per kick is nothing super special but his placement and directional kicking today, combined with that recovered onsides kick was the clincher for him to get nominated.

Be honest, if everyone on this site didn't get a chubby everytime they see the guy, hardly anyone would have even remembered who recovered that kick. The ball bounced right into his lap.

He had one kick inside the 20, thanks to a great play by McFadden. Then a 37 yard "bomb" to the 32, for such a beast, you'd think he'd have put that ball a little further down field, wouldn't you?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Better late than never I guess... :rolleyes: