Iron City South
09-20-2007, 04:45 PM
FC's Gospel ..... always a good read over at Fury! :bigthumb:

FC, I see you joined the site .... welcome! :tt02:

http://www.steelerfury.com/articles/title/Gospel-IIIJames-Toney-Edition/

Gospel III...James Toney Edition
By FC
09/20/2007

The Steelers are 2-0. The sick thing….The offense isn’t close to firing on all cylinders. Ben’s foot work has been off, Backs have missed holes, the Offensive line has missed blocks, Receivers have dropped balls… And the Steelers still rank in the top 7 of virtually every offensive category. Defensively the Steelers have been dominant…Words can not describe the utter domination of opposing teams offenses by the Steelers defense. I expect a street fight type of game when Mike Nolan brings his scrappy young group of 49rs into Pittsburgh; I see two major problems for the 49rs…I don’t believe the 49rs offensive line can handle the Steelers front 7, the 2nd problem…No one comes into Pittsburgh and wins a street fight type of game. (The only way the Steelers lose those types of games is if they give them away). The Steelers can not come out flat against the 49rs…The 49rs have explosive players on both sides of the ball. Running back Frank Gore is a flat out stud, Vernon Davis doesn’t make many plays…There isn’t a more dangerous Tight end with the ball in his hands in the NFL, Alex Smith maybe the most elusive quarterback in the NFl. The Steelers defense must keep there rush lanes; they must gang tackle and punch the 49rs offense in the mouth from the opening whistle on. The 49rs defense is built on speed and pursuit; as I mentioned earlier I don’t believe the 49rs defense has the horses upfront to contend with the Steelers running game and play action off the running game. The key to the Steelers offensive success is simple; No dumb turnovers or penalties and manageable second and 3rd down conversions…In other words the Steelers cant beat themselves.

Did you know?

-The Last time the Steelers started 3-0… Was 1992 in Bill Cowher’s first year as the Steelers head coach!

-The Steelers have won 12 out of the past 13 games against the NFC…Including the last 7 at home

-Last time the Steelers beat the 49rs at home…1987

-The 2007 Pittsburgh Steelers have as many sacks (10) as points allowed

The Steelers with the Ball

The Steelers will look to pound the ball at the 49rs. One matchup scares me in the front 7, Willie Colon and Bryant Young… If Colon can hold his own the Steelers will jam the ball down the 49rs throats. Colon has struggled to get movement in the run game…If that trend continues the Steelers could be forced to throw the ball more then they would like. Kendall Simmons bum shoulder most likely won’t keep him out of the line up; if it does Chris Kemoeatu is a capable replacement. The Steelers offense must control tempo, I would look for a play action pass to Holmes out of a heavy run formation 1st or 2nd play of the game. The 49rs defense has some speed in the front 7…I believe the 49rs have the slowest safety tandem in the NFL.

Matchups

Marvel Smith and Marques Douglas in the run game. Douglas plays the run with reckless abandon and a non stop motor…I think he is in big trouble this week. Douglas is very undersized for a 34 Def End (6-2 280) and he plays a power game…Marvel Smith should have zero problems getting movement on Douglas…I believe the Steelers Tight ends can down block Douglas allowing Marvel to get to the second level. Douglas is way over rated in my opinion…I have read reports recently that state Douglas is the best run defender in the NFL from the RDE position…I just don’t see it.

Marvel Smith and Tully Banta Cain in Pass Pro. Another matchup I like for the Steelers. Cain is nothing more then a wave player. When the Steelers had Cain in for a visit I prayed a novena he would sign elsewhere. Cain is not big, fast or explosive. I don’t believe he can test Marvel to the edge…I know for a fact he can’t beat Marvel with a straight bull rush…and I doubt he can beat Smith back inside. Smith has looked great in Pass Pro so far this year…Cain has showed nothing to lead me to believe that trend will not continue.

Alan Faneca in the run game. Faneca is not the same player he was 3 years ago. He no longer has the physical ability to overwhelm players at the point of attack. That being said Faneca is still a stud in the run game. He moves very well for a man his size, he understands blocking angles and cut back lanes and positions his body between the ball carrier and the defender better then any guard in the NFL. I expect Mahan to struggle a bit with Franklin inside. On runs left Faneca will need to help Mahan…I believe it will be a quick double team with Faneca flowing to the second level to encounter over rated future rookie Hall of Famer Patrick Willis. On Runs right I believe Faneca punishes Willis every chance he has. If Mahan can handle Franklin without help, I doubt Willis finishes the game. Willis believes he is still in the SEC where he could run through blocks…That’s not happening in the NFL. Willis got his *** lit up a few times last week against the Rams…I expect the same this week.

Faneca in Pass Pro. The Niners slide Franklin inside in nickel and dime formations. He could give Faneca some problems. This matchup does scare me a bit. Franklin is the type of player that gives Faneca fits. Faneca needs to keep his balance (Avoid getting his head over his spikes) and he MUST NOT over extend…You reach the defender must Teach. Faneca has improved in Pass Pro…Not to the point that I Have a ton of confidence in him.

Sean Mahan and Aubrayo Franklin in the run game. Franklin is a short fire plug in the Kelly Gregg mold. He is a poor mans Casey Hampton. His goal is to penetrate and cause havoc in the Steelers back field…This will be a huge test for Mahan. Mahan showed he could handle an enormous Nose tackle with a solid performance against Ted Washington of the Browns…If Mahan handles Franklin in the same way…I am ready to declare him a Free agent steal. Mahan is technically sound with very good feet and ability to move to the second level…If he shows he can absorb and then get movement on a penetrating nose tackle without help he passes the quality NFL center test. Mahan has been far and away the best interior offensive Linemen on the Steelers squad through two games. My expectations are simple…Mahan will hold his own…He may not dominate; he will do just enough to win most matchups in this game.

Kendoll Simmons in the run game. Simmons has a bum shoulder; if he can’t go the Steelers don’t lose much with Chris Kemoeatu (if anything at all). The story is the same for the Right guard as it was for Faneca…He may have to help Mahan with Franklin on runs to the right…He will spend a majority of his day picking off linebackers at the 2nd level. Derek Smith is a hard nosed blue collar backer who will swallow run plays if left unblocked

Kendoll Simmons and Bryant Young in Pass Pro. This matchup screams mismatch…I believe the Steelers could be in trouble here. Young is a 55 year old stud. He is relentless and still an elite interior pass rusher. The Steelers will struggle to block Young…I have a feeling the Right side of the Oline is in for a long day. I believe Kemo would have a better chance of blocking Young then Simmons. Young won’t walk up Kemo’s chest…I have no doubts Young will rag doll Simmons all day long.

Willie Colon and Bryant Young in the Run game. Willie Colon is going to get his welcome to the NFL. Young is going to kick his *** up and down the field. Colon has to hope for some stalemates or that Young gets injured. I see no way Colon can block Young and get movement at the point of attack. Colon will get help from the Tight ends in the run game…I doubt either player (Colon or the tight end) can scrape off Young to block the Niners backers at the second level.

Willie Colon and Brandon Moore in Pass Pro. Colon is a very good pass blocker. Brandon Moore should get the start in place of the injured Manny Lawson(Out for season...ACL)...I expect Colon to neutralize Moore rushing the passer...Moore did show some upside last season rushing the passer... Colon must be on the top of his game

Skill positions.

The Steelers Tight Ends could have a field day this week against the Niners. Both Niners interior backers (Willis and Smith) can fly to the ball when moving towards the Line of scrimmage. Both struggle to open there hips and cover…Both look lost in coverage. I expect Heath Miller to be a force in both aspects of the game; I believe Miller will make some key blocks to set the edge allowing Parker to get the corner…I believe Miller exploits the middle of the Niners defense in the passing game. Tuman watched some Mark Bruener video this off season…His run blocking has been exceptional that must continue this week. Matt Spaeth the Touchdown maker is dinged…I expect him to play this week…Not sure if he catches another TD pass.

The Steelers Wide Receivers continue to make plays for there quarterback. Hines Ward does the dirty work…1st down grabs, Knockout blocks…Perfect route running with a touch of anger makes Ward the best possession Wide Receiver in the NFL. Santonio Holmes continues to improve his route running (which is close to elite already) and catching the ball with a focus of protecting it with his body, Holmes is everything the Steelers hoped for when they drafted him in the first round of the 06 draft…Holmes is a viscous run blocker. Nate and Cedric the Receiver continue to make clutch grabs and move the chains.

Nate Clements will draw Ward…Clements is usually stronger and more physical then most wide receivers…I don’t expect Ward to have a huge day catching the ball…I expect Ward’s greatest impact will be in the run game…Clements love to support the run…The Niners count on Clements to support the run…I expect Ward to drop the hammer a few times and take Clements heart.

Walt Harris is a gambling SOB…Holmes is going to get him with a double move early in the game. Holmes has way too much skill and speed to be covered by Harris in man coverage. The Niners are going to have to pick there poison early in the game…They roll the safety up against the run…Holmes beats them deep…They keep the safety back...The Steelers jam Willie Parker and the run game down there throats.

Ben…The messiah…I have 1 complaint…If the Play is not there…Chuck the ball out of bounds...Play the next down. Ben takes some hits he doesn’t need to take. Ben’s footwork has been erratic at times this season; as a result he has thrown some “bad balls”. I believe as the season continues Ben mechanics will come along and he will be the elite quarterback to lead this franchise into the playoffs.

FWP…See the hole...Protect the ball…Finish every run. Do your thing.

Side notes

The 49rs have skill at 4 positions on this defense…If the Steelers don’t turn the ball over or make stupid mistakes the Niners can’t stop them.

The 49rs safeties are slow and dumb… Both Roman and Lewis are horrible against the pass

49rs with the Ball

The Niners offense looks like the Steelers offense…Circa 1993. The 49rs want Gore to touch the ball 40 times in this game…It’s the only way they can win. Alex Smith still has problems reading a defense….Smith throws an accurate ball…I question his arm strength. The 49rs receivers are bums. I never was a fan of Vernon Davis he has problems with route running and catching the ball…He can really run straight line…He is also a load to tackle.

Jonas Jennings and Brett Kiesel in the run game. Kiesel has done a decent job against the run so far in 07. I have watched Jennings play a long time…He has never impressed me…He’s big and soft. Kiesel will make some plays this week…Jennings will struggle with Kiesel’s motor and length. Kiesel could make some plays against base formations in the passing game…I really like the Kiesel/ Jennings matchup in the passing game.

Jonas Jennings and James Harrison in Pass Pro. Harrison should give Jennings fits early in the game. Harrison is faster and far more explosive then offensive tackles expect…As the game goes on Harrison slows down a little bit and the tackles adjust…Harrison desperately needs a counter rush technique to go along with his bull rush…If he develops one he could register 13-15 sacks in a season.

Larry Allen is still a big mean nasty SOB. Casey Hampton is going to get down blocked by Allen (no way Heitmann can get any movement on Hampton)…I promise you Hampton is moved. The Steelers inside linebackers (Larry Foote) must tackle. Larry

Allen will struggle with Kiesel in pass pro…Allen struggles to stop… once he gets started…The Steelers should force Allen to move his feet in pass pro.

Heitmann and Casey Hampton. Casey will dominate any center in the NFL with out help. I believe Larry Allen is one of the few players in the NFL who can move Hampton with a down block. Hampton needs help from his boys this week…Foote Harrison and Kiesel must make plays against the run.

Justin Smiley in the run game. If the game of football was played in a weight room or on a track Smiley would be all pro every year. Smiley is not a very good football player…He doesn’t run block well and he has his struggles in pass pro. Smiley will be asked to down block Hampton…I doubt he gets movement…Leaving the 49rs to run ball pretty much exclusively to the left side of the formation.

Smiley and Smith in Pass Pro… To quote James Toney “Let the *** whippings commence”. Smith is fresh and Christ does he look good…Aaron Smith week in week out makes plays against the run…What often goes over looked is Aaron Smith collapsing of the pocket…He creates a lot of the sacks for the backers.

Staley and Smith in the run game….Read James Toney quote above. Staley is headed to the woodshed this week.

Staley and Haggans in pass pro…Staley can move those feet and pass protect; Clark Haggans is a veteran pass rusher with quite a few tricks up his sleeve…This is a must see matchup…If Haggans schools Staley the way I expect…Alex Smith is in for a long day…He wont finish with triple digit passing yards.

Frank Gore is a stud…He runs hard…He is the best back the Steelers will face this season. I would not be surprised to see Gore rush for over 100 yards…He may get 35 carries. Gore is also a big time threat catching the ball…Screens, they will split him out…He will run routes out of the back field…Every time he touches the ball he must be punished.

Vernon Davis…See Justin Smiley…Davis struggles in every aspect of football. He is not a very good run blocker…He doesn’t catch the ball well…His route running is a joke…When the ball is in his hands…He’s elite…Problem is getting him the ball.

The 49rs Wrs suck. Jackson can’t catch…Battle can’t run. Taylor Jacobs and Jason Hill wouldn’t make 25 teams rosters in the NFL.

Alex Smith…He is very mobile….A threat to scramble on any down or distance…Smith struggles to read a defense…And his arm strength is very questionable (I say putrid). Smith doesn’t scare me at all throwing the ball.

Points of interest.

-Steelers linebackers must play lights out this game.

-Rally to the ball with bad intentions…Gang tackle.

-Force the 49rs to throw the football.

-Attack the ball…Look for the turnover (Gore is a playing with a caste)

-No dumb penalties

Special Teams.

The 49rs coverage units are elite (top 5 in both). The Steelers Kick coverage unit sucks (24th in the NFL)…The Punt coverage unit leads the NFL mostly due to Speds dropping 5 balls inside the 20.

Both teams return units struggle.

I am calling the kicking game even…Maybe a slight advantage to the Steelers.

The Score.

Steelers 27 :cope:

Niners 13

K Train
09-20-2007, 04:57 PM
lol as many sacks as points allowed

FC FURY
09-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks...Hope everyone enjoys it:cope:

BBG7
09-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks...Hope everyone enjoys it:cope:

nice work FC!!!

SteelersWoman
09-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Wow--very in-depth analysis! Appreciate the thoroughness FC.

I agree with almost every point--and the one or two I don't shouldn't make that much difference in the overall game anyway.

I like the "10 points, 10 sacks" fact!

My best guesstimation of the score is:
Steelers 30
9ers 13

K Train
09-20-2007, 06:33 PM
i dont think that offense is gonna do anything at all, i wouldnt be surprised with a shutout or one score, vernon davis is the guy that has potential to get lucky, but the WRs are RBs will be a non factor and troy will handle davis for most of the game

Black@Gold Forever32
09-20-2007, 07:36 PM
i dont think that offense is gonna do anything at all, i wouldnt be surprised with a shutout or one score, vernon davis is the guy that has potential to get lucky, but the WRs are RBs will be a non factor and troy will handle davis for most of the game

The 49ers don't use Davis anyway....:lol: What does he have 27 yards receiving this year.....Hell Matt Spaeth has been more productive...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Great stuff FC, I enjoyed the read !

If we can put the game in Smith's hand and make him try to win it we'll have it in the bag. If they end up getting Gore moving with positive yardage and eating up the clock we're going to have our hands full. The pass rush must get to the QB and make him as uncomfortable as possible and force him into mistakes. If we do that we'll be set. Gore is a beast and can wear you out so gap sound defense is imperative. Our offense should be able to move the ball on this team without too much issue if we don't turn it over as you mentioned.

Iron City South
09-20-2007, 09:10 PM
FC - I'm curious how you graded our draft class this year and has your opinion changed much since draft day?

Stlrs4Life
09-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Good analysis.

BlitzburghNation
09-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Love the did you know parts,,,,,,,,,,,,:bigthumb:

Nice read ~~~~~ :clap:

WeRideinCOx5
09-20-2007, 09:40 PM
I doubt Frank Gore can withstand a ferocious defensive attack like the one that he's going up against on Sunday. He better tighten up that chinstrap a little more.

black an gold 4 life
09-20-2007, 10:05 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO, so far the steelers r doing what they r supposed 2 do killin these weak opponents keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!

DIESELMAN
09-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Nice post FC :bigthumb: Once Gore gets it in his head he's facing a real Defense, it will be a loooong day for the 9er's

Stairwayto7
09-21-2007, 06:42 AM
great read, and close to my 27-6 prediction!

FC FURY
09-21-2007, 07:21 AM
FC - I'm curious how you graded our draft class this year and has your opinion changed much since draft day?

Day after the draft...

Over all grade of a B

Timmons=B-
Woodley=D
Spaeth=B
Speds=B+
Mcbean=B
Stephenson=D
Gay=A
Baker=B+

UDFA's...Russell Capizzi Mosley Stapelton=B+

5 months later...

I stick with a B.

Timmons will move inside if the Steelers stick with a 34.
Spaeth's a far better blocker then given credit for
Speds will be a Pro Bowl Punter.
Russell will make an impact in this league
Gay just makes plays.

I am not a fan of Lamar Woodley...The rest of the picks...Made sense...I understand the thinking of the front office

portcityblackandgold
09-21-2007, 09:05 AM
Great post, great offense and defense breakdowns and breakouts. Just the kind of read I like on Friday morning. Keep up the good work. I love Steeler Addicts.

Mike Tomlin
09-21-2007, 09:37 AM
The D is gone dominate sunday, have yall seen the Alex smith and the 49ers this year? We'll probably have about 3 picks , it's gone be a rough day for Alex.

Iron City South
09-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Day after the draft...

Over all grade of a B

Timmons=B-
Woodley=D
Spaeth=B
Speds=B+
Mcbean=B
Stephenson=D
Gay=A
Baker=B+

UDFA's...Russell Capizzi Mosley Stapelton=B+

5 months later...

I stick with a B.

Timmons will move inside if the Steelers stick with a 34.
Spaeth's a far better blocker then given credit for
Speds will be a Pro Bowl Punter.
Russell will make an impact in this league
Gay just makes plays.

I am not a fan of Lamar Woodley...The rest of the picks...Made sense...I understand the thinking of the front office

A "D" for Woodley? The dude is going to be a BEAST for us; probably moreso than Timmons. Personally, I would have loved for us to move down in the 3rd and given up one pick in effort to move up to go after Patrick Willis. Could you imagine us with both Willis and Woodley?

FC FURY
09-21-2007, 11:54 AM
I dont think Woodley will be in the NFL in 2011. Just not a fan. Patrick Willis has a chance to be special...I'm not a huge fan.

Looking ahead to the 2008 draft...Jasper Brinkley Univ of South Carolina.

Think Levon Kirkland..If Kirkland could really run

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2007, 12:29 PM
I dont think Woodley will be in the NFL in 2011. Just not a fan. Patrick Willis has a chance to be special...I'm not a huge fan.

Looking ahead to the 2008 draft...Jasper Brinkley Univ of South Carolina.

Think Levon Kirkland..If Kirkland could really run

Jasper Brinkley is a badass....

But LaMarr Woodley not in the NFL by 2011 is just laughable......:lol: So far his transition to OLB has been a smooth one....He looks like a keeper to me....He had 4 tackles and a sack when he took James Harrison's place Sunday....He will be the next Jason Gildon/Joey Porter......

FC FURY
09-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Stats are great in baseball hoops and hockey...They can never tell a story of a football game.

Lies.. Damn Lies.. and Statistics

Did you know....

Lamar Woodley started more games at Olb at Michigan then Def End...So the so called transition I dont see.

You bring up a perfect player...Jason Gildon....Lamar Woodley should be another Jason Gildong.

I made one site by bashing Gildon...

Did you know( since you like the stats)

62% of Jason Gildon career sacks with the Steelers came when he was unblocked...Kinda like Woodleys sack against the Bills

The unblocked sack information can be confirmed at the Sporting News..A strapping young stud(Me) wrote a blog there in 2004 and provided the info and basis for the assertion above.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Stats are great in baseball hoops and hockey...They can never tell a story of a football game.

Lies.. Damn Lies.. and Statistics

Did you know....

Lamar Woodley started more games at Olb at Michigan then Def End...So the so called transition I dont see.

You bring up a perfect player...Jason Gildon....Lamar Woodley should be another Jason Gildong.

I made one site by bashing Gildon...

Did you know( since you like the stats)

62% of Jason Gildon career sacks with the Steelers came when he was unblocked...Kinda like Woodleys sack against the Bills

The unblocked sack information can be confirmed at the Sporting News..A strapping young stud(Me) wrote a blog there in 2004 and provided the info and basis for the assertion above.

Yes I did know Woodley played OLB at Michigan....But big difference playing OLB in college and OLB in the complex 3-4 zone blitz defense the Steelers run....

Yea that Jason Gildon was such a bum...Thats why he is the alltime Steelers leader in sacks...lol

Go toot your horn some where else....I really don't care were you wrote a blog.....:lol:

FC FURY
09-21-2007, 02:25 PM
I didnt want to credit an outside site or source with out explaining that I actually wrote the article...I would prefer to sound arrogant then misleading..I didnt intend to be either. I stopped trying to prove myself on message boards about 3 years ago. I have an opinion...I research investagate and go above and beyond before I post anything Steeler related.

My opinion of Lamar Woodley started his Sophomore year at Michigan. The Steelers scheme was complex in 1992...The Wolverines ran an identical 34 system to the Steelers...Michigan coaches picked the brain of Dom Capers and even that of Buckeye Dick Lebeau. Mike Archer former Steelers linebacker coach worked a coach exchange with Kentucky(Where Archer is the DC)...Kentucky added the Power run game principles and 3 Wr sets of Michigan...Michigan the 34 and Special Teams packages of Kentucky.

The "Sack Stat" has been kept since 1983.

Jason Gildon was an inferior pass rusher to....

-Merriweather
-Greene
-Williams
-Greenewood
-White
-Porter
-Brown

The unblocked sacks goes to scheme...Gildon was a product of an elite defensive scheme.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2007, 02:46 PM
I didnt want to credit an outside site or source with out explaining that I actually wrote the article...I would prefer to sound arrogant then misleading..I didnt intend to be either. I stopped trying to prove myself on message boards about 3 years ago. I have an opinion...I research investagate and go above and beyond before I post anything Steeler related.

My opinion of Lamar Woodley started his Sophomore year at Michigan. The Steelers scheme was complex in 1992...The Wolverines ran an identical 34 system to the Steelers...Michigan coaches picked the brain of Dom Capers and even that of Buckeye Dick Lebeau. Mike Archer former Steelers linebacker coach worked a coach exchange with Kentucky(Where Archer is the DC)...Kentucky added the Power run game principles and 3 Wr sets of Michigan...Michigan the 34 and Special Teams packages of Kentucky.

The "Sack Stat" has been kept since 1983.

Jason Gildon was an inferior pass rusher to....

-Merriweather
-Greene
-Williams
-Greenewood
-White
-Porter
-Brown

The unblocked sacks goes to scheme...Gildon was a product of an elite defensive scheme.

Thanks but I know when the sack became an official stat...Don't have to educate me on NFL history buddy...lol I never said Gildon was on the elite level of Mean Joe Greene or L.C. Greenwood......lol But you don't get 77 career sacks just being a product of a system....lol Its safe to say Jason Gildon was a very good football player....If you're going to use the product of system argument then you can say the same thing about Greg Lloyd, Chad Brown, and Joey Porter......:lol::lol::lol:

I agree the 3-4 zone blitz is designed for OLBs to make plays but these players have to have talent for hit to work...Look at Alonzo Jackson....The 3-4 didn't make him a product of the system....lol

Also Michigan might have pricked the brain of Dom Capers and took some of his ideas...But still don't say Michigan 3-4 was the same defense as the Steelers...... Thats just foolish......

Anyway good day and comeback with some real arguments next time....:bigthumb:

FC FURY
09-21-2007, 04:11 PM
But still don't say Michigan 3-4 was the same defense as the Steelers...... Thats just foolish......

No its foolish to make a comment when you have no ****ing clue what your talking about...I will say it real slow for you..EXACT SAME DEFENSE..HE IS ACTUALLY PLAYING THE EXACT SAME POSITION IN THE DEFENSE.

You find me any STEELERS or NFL player..Who has that many unblocked sacks...You cant.

So you have a nice day...And Realize when I go take a dump..The peanut filled feces that pass through my duodenum know more about then football then you do...:nahnah:

DIESELMAN
09-21-2007, 04:17 PM

No its foolish to make a comment when you have no ****ing clue what your talking about...I will say it real slow for you..EXACT SAME DEFENSE..HE IS ACTUALLY PLAYING THE EXACT SAME POSITION IN THE DEFENSE.

You find me any STEELERS or NFL player..Who has that many unblocked sacks...You cant.

So you have a nice day...And Realize when I go take a dump..The peanut filled feces that pass through my duodenum know more about then football then you do...:nahnah:

Easy on the peanuts bro :lol: BGF32 knows quite a bit about football more then you realize. No defense is exactly the same, even comparing 3-4's to each other at the NFL level. You still have to have the right athletic player in those positions to make the plays that the 3-4 calls for.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2007, 04:23 PM

I don't have clue what I'm talking about...But you're claiming Michigan was running the same 3-4 as the current 3-4 under Coach Dick LeBeau.....:lol: Very funny **** man...yea I'm sure they were running the same stuff as LeBeau...Just because Michigan tapped the brain of our former DC Dom Capers doesn't mean they were running the same defense as LeBeau...For the record Woodley even though he played OLB wasn't asked to drop in coverage...Go check out some post draft articles and you will see for yourself...He was just a pass rusher at OLB.....So far he has looked alright when dropping into coverage...I think he looks more comfortable in pass coverage then Joey Porter did in his rookie year...

Go take your Gospel and go post on your lame site dude.......Claiming Jason Gildon was a product of a system is just silly....What about Lloyd, Brown or Porter? The same can be said for them......:lol: My point yes the 3-4 is designed for OLBs to make plays no doubt...But players still have to have talent to put up the number Jason Gildon did.....If not then Alonzo Jackson would have been a player like Gildon....

I love self proclaimed know it alls like you when reading your **** just prove you don't know jack.....:lol:

Iron City South
09-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Gildon was good in his prime, but his last few seasons he was always good for the unblocked "Gildong" sack ....

I think Woodley has the potential to be better than Gildong though; he has more upside. He bigger and I also see him as more instinctive. For a big man, it's good to see he has the athletic ability to drop back into pass coverage.

Good Gospel this week FC .... I also noticed it made the coverstory of SA ... Sweet!

Go toot your horn some where else....I really don't care were you wrote a blog. Anyway good day and comeback with some real arguments next time....

Don't look now, but it looks like B&GForever32 has penis envy, I think he sees your article as someone coming on to "his" board and lifting their leg on his fire hydrant. :hilarious:

FC FURY
09-21-2007, 04:28 PM
BGF32 knows quite a bit about football more then you realize

I disagree...I have read some of his posts..He doesnt even have a elementary understanding of the game. He spits back what he's spoon fed.

Go check out some post draft articles

He should be out fitted in Black and Gold Skirt he should be given Poms Poms and he should lead the lets get fired up cheer!!...He is a cheerleader.

The Steelers can do no wrong type of fan.

I am here to talk football. You disagree with a point...Cool...Don't even attempt to insult my intelligence...

The Michigan Wolverines defense ran the same calls..Same coverages...Same personel groupings....Same blitz packages. In other words...The exact same defense.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Gildon was good in his prime, but his last few seasons he was always good for the unblocked "Gildong" sack ....

I think Woodley has the potential to be better than Gildong though; he has more upside. He bigger and I also see him as more instinctive. For a big man, it's good to see he has the athletic ability to drop back into pass coverage.

Good Gospel this week FC ....

Don't look now, but it looks like B&GForever32 has penis envy, I think he sees your article as someone coming on to "his" board and lifting their leg on his fire hydrant. :hilarious:

Penis envy? No don't have that all......I just hate when people talk out of their ***.......Saying Jason Gildon was a product of the system and LaMarr Woodley will be out of the NFL by 2011 is well talking out of your ***....

It seems you have a man crush on FC Fury....:lol:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

I disagree...I have read some of his posts..He doesnt even have a elementary understanding of the game. He spits back what he's spoon fed.

He should be out fitted in Black and Gold Skirt he should be given Poms Poms and he should lead the lets get fired up cheer!!...He is a cheerleader.

The Steelers can do no wrong type of fan.

I am here to talk football. You disagree with a point...Cool...Don't even attempt to insult my intelligence...

The Michigan Wolverines defense ran the same calls..Same coverages...Same personel groupings....Same blitz packages. In other words...The exact same defense.

Insult my intelligence.....You're a self proclaimed know it all...There is many like you......Saying Michigan ran the same defense as Coach LeBeau is freaking retarded......

Again for the record LaMarr Woodley wasn't asked to drop into coverage much at Michigan.....So thats a new aspect for him to learn...He was a Pass rusher.....Understand now.....

Plus saying that I'm the type of Steelers can't do no wrong fan is way off....:lol:

Dude go back to your site were all your little simpletons can worship you...

Iron City South
09-21-2007, 04:47 PM
BGF32 - Dude, you can argue with a persons opinion all you want, but the rude tone to your posts directed at him personally makes you sound like a whiney little bitch that's envious of the new guy who happens to know a thing or two about football. Hell, I've disagreed with his opinion on a number of occassions, but no harm no foul, I still know he knows the game probably better than 99.5% of the posters I've come across.

FC has been posting the Gospel for years on a few other forums and has proven his knowledge of the game. Now perhaps you take your seat in class and let the teacher teach; perhaps you'll learn a thing or two.

BBG7
09-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Plus saying that I'm the type of Steelers can't do no wrong fan is way off....:lol:

lol...ok I'm going to stay out of this one...but I will tell you B@GF32 is far from a "Steelers can do no wrong" fan. He is very critical of them at times...lol...I know!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2007, 04:52 PM
BGF32 - Dude, you can argue with a persons opinion all you want, but the rude tone to your posts directed at him personally makes you sound like a whiney little bitch that's envious of the new guy who happens to know a thing or two about football. Hell, I've disagreed with his opinion on a number of occassions, but no harm no foul, I still know he knows the game probably better than 99.5% of the posters I've come across.

FC has been posting the Gospel for years on a few other forums and has proven his knowledge of the game. Now perhaps you take your seat in class and let the teacher teach; perhaps you'll learn a thing or two.

Is he your boyfriend?:lol: So what he knows the game...Most fans that watch games every week knows the game genius....I wasn't really rude with him....He took offense that I questioned his intelligence which I wasn't really questioning his intelligence...But just pointing out the fact a player who has career 77 sacks is something more then a system player.....Plus just pointing out even if Michigan borrowed some of the same concepts on defense as the Steelers its still not the same as LeBeau's defense...If a person can't see that then thats there problem not mine...

plus that dude couldn't teach me ****....Go ahead and follow him to his site....You're a sheep....:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Keep it real here everyone...you know we don't condone personal attacks here on the site. We all aren't going to agree on everything and thank God for that or this place would be boring.

FC's thoughts are obviously different most of the members here but still it is his analysis of the upcoming game and some of our players. I will say in BG32's defense as BBG7's mentioned too; that 32 is far from a Steelers can do no wrong type of fan, if anything he can be considered a 180 from that the majority of the time, he's critical of just about all the players at one time or another :lol:

Just to throw in my 2 cents on a couple things. I do think Woodley is the real deal and early returns are that he's going to be a monster for us for many years to come if he stays healthy. As far as Gildon though, yes the Steelers defense is designed around the LB's, we all know that. They are the ones that get most of the glory and criticism after a game. Gildon was a great pass rusher and 77 sacks is pretty impressive. He did learn from Green and Lloyd so that only served to help him become an even better pass rusher. I do think the system helped him, as it has helped all of our LB's but Gildon did have some mad skills right up until the last year or 2 when he started to decline.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Keep it real here everyone...you know we don't condone personal attacks here on the site. We all aren't going to agree on everything and thank God for that or this place would be boring.

FC's thoughts are obviously different most of the members here but still it is his analysis of the upcoming game and some of our players. I will say in BG32's defense as BBG7's mentioned too; that 32 is far from a Steelers can do no wrong type of fan, if anything he can be considered a 180 from that the majority of the time, he's critical of just about all the players at one time or another :lol:

In my defense Top, yes I was smart *** in some of my posts...But for him to say I was questioning his intelligence is way off....I disagreed with him and I didn't do anything out of line...His comment about the peanuts in his crap is what really got me going....:lol:

BR7
09-21-2007, 05:57 PM
:popcorn:

AZ_Steeler
09-21-2007, 05:59 PM
In my defense Top, yes I was smart *** in some of my posts...But for him to say I was questioning his intelligence is way off....I disagreed with him and I didn't do anything out of line...His comment about the peanuts in his crap is what really got me going....:lol:

Would it have been better if he said he had corn in crap instead of peanuts? :lol:

BR7
09-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Would it have been better if he said he had corn in crap instead of peanuts? :lol:

Alright, its obvious you don't anything about corn and/or peanuts in crap.. I suggest you do a little research, then post a comment.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for reading it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul..

http://www.eacustomcovers.com/_misc/crap.gif

:lol::stirpot::bluelol::hilarious:

AZ_Steeler
09-21-2007, 06:27 PM
In light of everything that has transpired in the "Gospel" thread, btw I thought the Gospel was suppose to be good news? :dunno: Anyhow, you all have valid points and I say that because I'm an outsider looking in and I happen to be very open minded and can see both sides of the spectrum... special gift that I have :D

Just to throw another :2cents: into the pile... at no time did I ever read a post and think anyone was being rude, when I see :lol: :) :nahnah: and :hilarious: in threads I see that as a "I'm not being rude I'm just playing around :bigthumb:" NOW HAD I SEEM STUFF LIKE THIS AND MAYBE A LITTLE OF :bigfinger: or :moon: then I would think someone was being rude or trying to start something. The point is it's really hard to determine one's tone of voice when reading it on your monitor. If you are in a pissy mood you might read it like the writer was in a pissy mood too. I guarantee if you walk away for a while and come back later in a completely different mood then this whole thread will read completely different.

It was a really good debate and we all just need to remember that we all have our own opinions and we aren't going to see eye-to-eye all the time... but the one thing I'm sure you all agree on is there is no other team than the Steelers... except for maybe that troll motof150 that is lurking around here lately! :greengrin:

:cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Very well said AZ.......

FC FURY
09-21-2007, 07:03 PM
I stand behind every and any point I made. Opinion things are opinions..Gildon had a stand out career after he left the Steelers..He is a sure fire Hall OF Famer and the best Linebacker to ever take the field for the Pittsburgh Steelers :dunno:

I think Woodley is going to be a big league NFL bust..Time will Tell..I would hate to continue to litter this message board with "what if's" when the player hardly even see's the field barring injury.

I will not comment further on Woodley until his playing time increases..If he is great...I will be the first person to say it..If he sucks...I will be the first person to talk ****.

The Gospel is not always a positive....When the Steelers suck..Its fairly negative.

I will not go Toot my horn elsewhere(What got all this nonsense started...) until I am asked by the adminstrators of this board.

I have Mod'd boards...I have run boards... It can be a pain in the *** ..Its the main reason I never cause bullshit or a ruckus until I am prodded.

K Train
09-21-2007, 07:05 PM
think timmons is a huge bust too?

AZ_Steeler
09-21-2007, 07:08 PM
I would have to say at this point in the season Timmons is a bust! He hasn't done anything but showed how to sit on the sidelines and act like a waterboy/cheerleader :D

K Train
09-21-2007, 07:09 PM
see i dont see it like that, im not expecting him to have a huge year but he missed so much time that woodleys play became a luxury in not rushing timmons in, he was an animal at FSU and will be great for us, he has been a ST monster, which has been all he was asked to do thus far

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Woodley from what he's done so far he is about where we would hope he is. He's making plays when he's on the field. He's also made some mistakes, it's just par for the course with rookies, there are always growing pains. I like his upside though and I think he's going to be great.

I have to reserve judgement on Timmons since he's not been on the field as much because of all the time he's missed. He is doing well on ST and he's learning but you can't replace all that time he missed with injury so at this point until he gets on the field more I'll take a wait and see approach.

FC FURY
09-21-2007, 07:17 PM
No I think Lawrence Timmons has unusual skills and tools to work with.

I will not comment on 56...

-Timmons is quick explosive and sudden

-Timmons has long arms and a very good understanding of leverage..He sinks his bubble(***) and keeps blockers out of his pads

-Timmons has the ability to cover backs and Tes all over the field..He has fluid hips with and under-rated understanding of pass defense

-Timmons delivers Big Hitz..He showed a mark improvement in his form tackling from Free Shoe Univ to the NFl

-Add to all that Lawrence Timmons just turned 21 after the draft...You have something to work with...His best playing days are ahead...Not in the rear view mirror like some players

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2007, 07:23 PM
The Gospel has been written......Timmons great.....Woodley bust...lol

For real though its way to early to say if both are going to be great or a bust....But so far Woodley has shown more at the NFL level...Thats not to say to throw in the Terrible Towel for Lawrence Timmons....As soon as he is more adjusted to the NFL we will see why the Steelers drafted him....Give both players time...

AZ_Steeler
09-21-2007, 07:31 PM
:grouphug:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2007, 07:33 PM

I prefer the dancing...:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

FC FURY
09-21-2007, 07:33 PM
:nono:

:tt02:

The ultimate peace maker...WE have 1 major thing in common

SteelersWoman
09-21-2007, 07:45 PM

:lol: AZ Good man!

Iron City South
09-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Just to throw another :2cents: into the pile... at no time did I ever read a post and think anyone was being rude, when I see :lol: :) :nahnah: and :hilarious: in threads I see that as a "I'm not being rude I'm just playing around :bigthumb:"

Total BS ... you're covering for your resident troll who threw a jealous hissy fit that someone with better knowledge of the game came onto his board and laid down his Gospel and others responded to it favorably.

Perfect example below which was the first rude post directed at another, a new poster if no less, which started it off:

Go toot your horn some where else....I really don't care were you wrote a blog.

Is this the way you treat a guest in you home as well?

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Total BS ... you're covering for your resident troll who threw a jealous hissy fit that someone with better knowledge of the game came onto his board and laid down his Gospel and others responded to it favorably.

Perfect example below which was the first rude post directed at another, a new poster if no less, which started it off:

Resident troll?:lol: Plus jealous of your boy....lol Oh no I'm not jealous but he posted I wrote at sporting news......:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::bla h: Ok whatever and I could careless...That doesn't prove that Jason Gildon was the product of the system or LaMarr Woodley is going to be out of the NFL by 2011...Plus we don't need no self proclaimed expert attitudes around here....Your boy couldn't teach me ****....

Ok lap dog go fetch for FC Fury on his site....

Iron City South
09-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Jealosy .... ain't it a bitch!

.... you have been served! LMFAO!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Jealosy .... ain't it a bitch!

.... you have been served! LMFAO!

Served from you...Go fetch now go fetch little doggie....

FC FURY
09-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Its no big deal just let it be...Everyone is getting along now... Singing Kumbaya and ****.

Lets talk football!!!

Iron City South
09-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Let's play a game. Let's see how long it takes for BGF32 to get jealous over another posters football knowledge again ....

I'll take the under on the next FC post explaining the game to him.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Lets talk football!!!

I'm begining to wonder if the inability for Parker to run between the tackels is a genuine concern? Totally different story when you kick FWP outside .... he picks his way around well on the outsides. Better teams will seal off the ouside and make it a point to provide run containment.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Parker's troubles inside the tackles this year can be attributed partly to the offensive line still getting it's sea legs but also Parker learning how to run in this system. He is used to having a FB there more than he has one now, and on top of that the one he has now is different than last year, except in the 2nd half or goal line situations when it's the same as last year. I think you get my drift here that mainly it's just going to take time for Parker and company to get going consistently. He'll never be a perfect between the tackles guy but here is always room for improvement.

Iron City South
09-21-2007, 09:25 PM
I agree, it will probably take some time for him to get used to. I noticed this past week that he's still "lobbying" through the media for a FB to serve as his lead blocker.

FC FURY
09-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Alan Faneca is still dealing with shoulder issues...His play will improve as the shoulder improves.

Kendoll Simmons well...Dont get me started...I will keep it simple..He freaking sucks.

Mahan has looked solid.

Parker looks to press the edge a little to often(get outside)...He is a solid willing runner between the tackles.

Ball security is my major concern with Parker.

SteelCzar76
09-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Good analysis.

Exactly.:helmet:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2007, 11:06 PM
This is Kendall's year to shine. He's finally healthy, he's got a new deal and he worked very hard in camp and in preseason when he had competition from Mahan, Colon, and Kemoeatu. Everyone on the OL is still working out the kinks so give them time before you pass judgment on them. I know Simmons has had issues before and I was perfectly willing to see him go and not get a new deal but he's put in the time since last season and he had a real good camp. He is a veteran and Im looking for him to take a major step forward this year from what he's done before.

Iron City South
09-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Good to hear others finally starting to notice that Mahan is looking pretty stout in the C position; he can definately hold his own. I think the bitter Okobi loyalists were trying to give him a bad rap based soley on his poor HOF game performance. He's shown steady improvement each week since the 2nd week of pre-season.

TEEMONT
09-22-2007, 04:08 PM

Wow did you seriously just use the word duodenum? I haven't heard that word since 11th grade biology, so I hope you weren't using it to prove your superior intelligence, I bet you just use it on an everyday basis.

Anyways, I happen to be watching the UM PSU game right now (Go Blue) and as similar as the defenses MAY be, they are not the exact same defense. You don't see the SS blitzing for UM as much as you do us, and the zone blitz is not used nearly as often either.

Woodley not being in the NFL by '11 is not a bold prediction, how many LB's last longer than 4 years in the NFL? Thats how self proclaimed "experts" like yourself make predictions, I would say thats a pretty safe one, b/c Woodley could very well be out of the NFL by then, but I doubt it will be b/c of his play. If anything he may get hurt, but I don't think we are looking at the second coming of Alonzo Jackson ( I wrote a blog about him on '03 for Obscure Sports Quarterly).

I'm sure I'll have more to say about what you have to say as I continue to read this thread. I think I gave you and your lapdog ICS plenty to work with though.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Ok dude, this has gone far enough, is your head soooo far up Fury's *** that you feel like you have to defend him? He seems like a big boy, and he also seems like he can stir **** as well. I doubt AZ feels the need to cover for anyone.

Fury didn't "lay down" anything, he spouted off a few observations, that any Steelers fan could have made, most of us just don't feel like getting into a "my penis is bigger than your penis" competition. I don't see Fury as having anymore knowledge of the game than anyone else here, especially B@G32, whom I have bumped heads with on several occasions, and I have found to have a pretty good grasp on the game of football.

I don't want Fury to go anywhere, but he can't just come to a place and expect to be treated as the football "God" you make him out to be, he is going to take his lumps when people disagree with him. He went to the gutter just as quickly as BG32.

Moral of the story, get off your high horse and talk football.

Now sir, YOU have been served.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkBe80SajCg

BBG7
09-22-2007, 04:09 PM
:popcorn:

K Train
09-22-2007, 04:14 PM
but I don't think we are looking at the second coming of Alonzo Jackson ( I wrote a blog about him on '03 for Obscure Sports Quarterly).

THAT made my day lol

michigans defense, just like any college defense is primitive compared to a pro defense, let alone ours. its the difference between this

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/27202.jpg

and this

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/180px-Rubiks_cube_scrambled.jpg

TEEMONT
09-22-2007, 04:18 PM
THAT made my day lol

michigans defense, just like any college defense is primitive compared to a pro defense, let alone ours. its the difference between this

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/27202.jpg

and this

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/180px-Rubiks_cube_scrambled.jpg

but dude...he wrote a blog for the sporting news...in '04...and was never asked back.....

RckyMtnStlrFan
09-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Alright, its obvious you don't anything about corn and/or peanuts in crap.. I suggest you do a little research, then post a comment.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for reading it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul..

http://www.eacustomcovers.com/_misc/crap.gif

:lol::stirpot::bluelol::hilarious:

LMAO!! :haha::haha:

FC FURY
09-22-2007, 05:22 PM
One major problem...Michigan scrapped the 34 last year....They play a 43 defense

If your going to attempt to bust my balls...Have a clue what your speaking of.

TEEMONT
09-22-2007, 05:26 PM
One major problem...Michigan scrapped the 34 last year....They play a 43 defense

If your going to attempt to bust my balls...Have a clue what your speaking of.

lol...thats all you got? Even last year the defense was nothing like the one we run. Woodley, like BG32 said, rushed the passer, that was his job. Now he has a little more responsibility and he wont be throwing his body into a guy who outweighs him by 30 pounds on every play.

I know you don't hear this too often with your cult follower, but you're wrong dude.

Besides, you have no clue what you're talking about. Funny, UM's depth chart for the Rose Bowl last year, showed a 4-3 defense. They also ran it in the first game of the season against Vandy. I guess now you are going to tell me that they ran a 3-4 in every other game of the season.

Feel free to continue back-peddling.

Here is the program from every game last year....funny they show the D as a 4-3 and Woodley as a DE.

http://www.geocities.com/davetgc/Depth_Chart_2006_Michigan.html

FC FURY
09-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Show me one place I said Woodley played Olb for the Michigan in the 06 season? Woodley played Olb his sophomore and Jr years at Michigan. Michigan scrapped the 34 prior to the 06 season.

I said Woodley started more games at Olb then defensive end. Which he did.

So I am not wrong...You may have issues with reading comprehension...That I can not control :bigthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Show me one place I said Woodley played Olb for the Michigan in the 06 season? Woodley played Olb his sophomore and Jr years at Michigan. Michigan scrapped the 34 prior to the 06 season.

I said Woodley started more games at Olb then defensive end. Which he did.

So I am not wrong...You may have issues with reading comprehension...That I can not control :bigthumb:

I thought Woodley played OLB in a 3-4 his freshman and junior seasons at Michigan but I might be wrong...... I can't remember which season for sure Michigan went back to a 4-3 base....But to still say it was the same defense as Coach LeBeau's is well wrong....Yes they might have taken some of the same coverages, blitzes but don't even it compare it to the Steelers defense....Plus Woodley wasn't even asked to drop into coverage even when he played OLB...He was just pass rusher.....

TEEMONT
09-22-2007, 06:59 PM
EXACT SAME DEFENSE..HE IS ACTUALLY PLAYING THE EXACT SAME POSITION IN THE DEFENSE.

Maybe you should go re-read what you said, speaking of sounding foolish. Like I said before, even it was a 3-4 it was no where near the same defense.

He didn't have a Troy Polamalu flying around everywhere and making ridiculous plays, so that changes it up right there. Our 3-4 is unlike any other 3-4 ever, for plenty of reasons, one of them being that Troy pretty much makes it a 3-5. LeBeau's D is a lot more complicated than the toddler scheme Woodley was in at UM. Woodley was a pass rusher at UM, whether he was playing DE or "OLB" (he was still a DE).

Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension, but your memory may need some help.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Maybe you should go re-read what you said, speaking of sounding foolish. Like I said before, even it was a 3-4 it was no where near the same defense.

He didn't have a Troy Polamalu flying around everywhere and making ridiculous plays, so that changes it up right there. Our 3-4 is unlike any other 3-4 ever, for plenty of reasons, one of them being that Troy pretty much makes it a 3-5. LeBeau's D is a lot more complicated than the toddler scheme Woodley was in at UM. Woodley was a pass rusher at UM, whether he was playing DE or "OLB" (he was still a DE).

Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension, but your memory may need some help.

Exactly Tee, saying any 3-4 defense is the same as Coach Lebeau's does that man a big disservice....Coach LeBeau is one of the true great defensive minds in football history......

K Train
09-22-2007, 07:03 PM
wow some of these posts are making my IQ go down, did woodley bang your girl or something? why all the hate?

Black@Gold Forever32
09-22-2007, 07:07 PM
wow some of these posts are making my IQ go down, did woodley bang your girl or something? why all the hate?

Honestly Train that same thought crossed my mind...I was thinking Woodley must have stole his chick or something....:lol:

strong D
09-22-2007, 07:24 PM

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::boxing::boxing::box ing:

TEEMONT
09-22-2007, 07:52 PM
I just think its funny that this guy thinks so highly of himself that he calls his "blog" the Gospel. What a tool.

strong D
09-22-2007, 08:04 PM
i know i agree with ya:yesnod:

K Train
09-22-2007, 08:09 PM
I just think its funny that this guy thinks so highly of himself that he calls his "blog" the Gospel. What a tool.

they're actually writing a bible about me as we speak

TEEMONT
09-22-2007, 08:11 PM
they're actually writing a bible about me as we speak

eh...lol...speakin of thinking highly of someone's self.

FC FURY
09-22-2007, 08:29 PM
I actually didnt name the article/blog...I will let Thersa know you like it. The Steelers ran the 34 defense long before Troy Polaumla was playing high school football.

How often did Kevin Greene drop into coverage?
Joey Porter dropped into covereage..21% of the time in 2006
Joey Porter dropped into coverage...29% of the time in 2005

Those Numbers can be found at Football outsiders.com

Lamar Woodley did drop into coverage at Michigan..So the point is mute

Some of you actually believe I care what you think..I like to talk football..When you light weights get thrown into a football discussion your forced into making disparaging remarks...It's a sign of insecurity...Sorry Boys I am just a Steeler fan who see's thing different then you.

I could provide links...

If you want to argue...I want you to work:popcorn:

I dont see much football talk from the "hardcore" members of this site..I see hateful immature remarks. You guys have some great members over here...Your on the verge of becoming like another Steelers site I used to frequent.

BTW... Lamar Woodley can have my bitch wife

Black@Gold Forever32
09-22-2007, 08:37 PM
I actually didnt name the article/blog...I will let Thersa know you like it. The Steelers ran the 34 defense long before Troy Polaumla was playing high school football.

Some of you actually believe I care what you think..I like to talk football..When you light weights get thrown into a football discussion your forced into making disparaging remarks...It's a sign of insecurity...Sorry Boys I am just a Steeler fan who see's thing different then you.

I could provide links...

I dont see much football talk from the "hardcore" members of this site..I see hateful immature remarks. You guys have some great members over here...Your on the verge of becoming like another Steelers site I used to frequent.

The Steelers have been running the 3-4 since the early 1980s.....So whats your ****ing point? Did you actually watch Michigan games? I know I did and no Woodley wasn't dropping into coverage...lol And you know what I don't care what you think or what you think of me...

As for hardcore football...Anybody to claim Jason Gildon was a system player doesn't know ****.....You can make that argument for any OLB that played in the Steelers 3-4 under Dom Capers or ****ing Dick LeBeau.....since the 3-4 is designed for OLBs to make plays.....But you don't get 77 career sacks being a bum.....

So go suck off Iron City South since he seems the only one that wants to worship you here...Take your Gospel and shove it were the sun don't shine...

K Train
09-22-2007, 08:40 PM

I could provide links...

there is no doubt that joey porter was primarily a pass rusher, thats what he was needed for, thats what the 3-4 relies on, and im sure you know that. BUT, when he did drop back in coverage, he excelled at it. its all about confusing the offense...you say jason gildon, you say he wasnt good because all of his sacks came unblocked, you know why? because its confusing as **** to understand who to pick up, who are you to reduce the value of a sack because the blitz wasnt picked up.....thats the idea of blitzing in the first place. woodley was a beast in camp and proved to be almost unblockable, are you an OSU fan or something because there really is nothing not to like about this kid.

and sorry about your wife :redcool:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-22-2007, 08:51 PM

I could provide links...

Oh and one final thing I want to say to you...If you don't like some of us since we don't bow down and worship you like your boy Iron City South you can go crawl back to your site.....This place is awesome and we don't need any so called expert attitudes around here....

If you remember I engaged with you in a friendly debate then you had to make your peanuts in your **** comment or whatever you said...Yea I was a smartass but I'm like that to everybody I debate with....But no you couldn't handle somebody questioning your opinions and then your lap dog ICS had to chime in also...

TEEMONT
09-22-2007, 08:55 PM

I could provide links...

You don't throw links out there b/c you aren't looking **** up, do you really think Jason Gildon was the only Steelers linebacker to have "unblocked" sacks?

If you do you're just sad. Show me the numbers of how often Woodley dropped into coverage. You say you want to make me work, but you just come off as arrogant and uninformed. If I wanted to listen to someone who thinks he is an "expert" I'll turn on ESPN and listen to Sean Salisbury, at least he gets paid for his crappy opinions.

You are just like ICS, you throw stats/facts around, don't back them up with links. and just expect people to believe you. You say Woodley is going to be a bust, but thus far he has been the 2nd best rookie on this team (and Spaeth is not the first). Yes we know how long the Steelers have been running the 3-4, but for you to sit here and state that the Steelers D and Michigan's D are identical, is asinine. I don't care about the 3-4 the Steelers ran 5,10, 15, or even 20 years ago, even those were primitive compared to what we run now...which is because of one player, and that's Troy, please disagree with that one. Woodley will last b/c we have a great system AND b/c he is going to be a great player.

You came here on you high horse spouting your "gospel". We thought your gospel smelled like ****, you got sad and made some ******* comments. Now you are calling out the whole site, while making crazy accusations like, "you invented the question mark". Lose the attitude dude, and people would probably be able to talk to you like a person, not an *******.

I'd like to see you talk that **** to Woodley's face.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2007, 08:55 PM
I take offense to the comment that there isn't much football talk on this site, if you look around it's everywhere ! The draft forum, the Steelers forum, the NFL forum, the threads in the Line of Scrimmage that are football related. Quite honestly I'd put the knowledge of the people on this board up against anybody; and no I don't mean who can google it the fastest either.

It's quite obvious that you see things one way and others see it differently but everyone makes good points.

I can't understand what all the talk is about Woodley not being good. The kid was a borderline 1st round pick and could have easily gone then but we were lucky enough to get him in the 2nd. Many think we should have taken him in the first round anyways after trading down but that's neither here nor there. For a kid to come in and play pretty well in a complex defense like ours is pretty incredible if you ask me. He's got big shoes to fill with the likes of players that the Steelers have had at LB over the years. I think both he and Timmons are up for the challenge and time will tell how they do but IMO so far so good.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-22-2007, 10:22 PM
I don't care about the 3-4 the Steelers ran 5,10, 15, or even 20 years ago, even those were primitive compared to what we run now...which is because of one player, and that's Troy, please disagree with that one.

I agree with most of your points... The Wood is the truth, great STEAL in the 2nd round. And Troy is a beast no doubt, but he isnt the first steeler safety to shine in the 3-4. While he is definately the most well known, decorated and maybe even still somewhat under-rated w/ guys like Reed, Taylor, Lynch and Williams unjustly being put in the same category as him... i think your forgetting how Carnell Lake shined in pittsburgh, so much so they even tried him at Corner!!!! I agree with you all that we have had some great OLB's, whether its the system or not. Thats just like saying Terrell Davis was just another product of Denvers zone blocking offense, i dont agree with it!!!

Iron City South
09-22-2007, 10:28 PM
I don't want Fury to go anywhere, but he can't just come to a place and expect to be treated as the football "God" you make him out to be, he is going to take his lumps when people disagree with him. He went to the gutter just as quickly as BG32.

Moral of the story, get off your high horse and talk football.

Now sir, YOU have been served.

Ugh, little late for the party there Tee .... this disagreement ended yesterday. Perhaps you were too busy watching reruns of Bush's speech from last week or Hannity and Combes to realize it. :hilarious:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-22-2007, 10:43 PM
I agree with most of your points... The Wood is the truth, great STEAL in the 2nd round. And Troy is a beast no doubt, but he isnt the first steeler safety to shine in the 3-4. While he is definately the most well known, decorated and maybe even still somewhat under-rated w/ guys like Reed, Taylor, Lynch and Williams unjustly being put in the same category as him... i think your forgetting how Carnell Lake shined in pittsburgh, so much so they even tried him at Corner!!!! I agree with you all that we have had some great OLB's, whether its the system or not. Thats just like saying Terrell Davis was just another product of Denvers zone blocking offense, i dont agree with it!!!

No Tee, hasn't forgotten about Carnell Lake.......We have had discussions on him in the past.....But thats another staple of the LeBeau defense...Having safties as talented as Carnell Lake and Troy Polamalu and moving them around causing havoc for offenses....

Coach LeBeau even did the samething with David Fulcher when he was DC for the Bengals in the 1980s.....

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Lake was a beast, he's still the only safety Ive ever seen that could play CB too, and still be damn near as good at it as he was a safety. Seeing him go to the Jags was a heartbreaker.

floodcitygirl
09-22-2007, 11:23 PM
Ugh, little late for the party there Tee .... this disagreement ended yesterday. Perhaps you were too busy watching reruns of Bush's speech from last week or Hannity and Combes to realize it. :hilarious:No.....actually he was returning back home, after being away from his family, doing his job....serving our country.

Iron City South
09-22-2007, 11:39 PM
No.....actually he was returning back home, after being away from his family, doing his job....serving our country.

yeah, yeah .. "the few and the proud" right? ....

or is it "the few that are proud" ?????

I highly doubt he was a day late to jump on his soabox in this thread because he had a quick trip to Iraq to tend to.

floodcitygirl
09-22-2007, 11:49 PM

I highly doubt he was a day late to jump on his soabox in this thread because he had a quick trip to Iraq to tend to.This isn't the thread for this. However, there are plenty that are proud and I for one am very grateful for the men and women that protect and serve this country.

Iraq isn't the only place that our military serve. What you choose to doubt is certainly on you.

K Train
09-23-2007, 12:02 AM
ok seriously not a political thread, end it.....ICS cant talk politics with anyone let alone in the open board

Iron City South
09-23-2007, 12:33 AM
ok seriously not a political thread, end it.....ICS cant talk politics with anyone let alone in the open board

Nice "objective" Mod you are .... Was your little "political" comment directed toward me necessary? :nono:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2007, 12:37 AM
This thread has been off track long enough, lets get it back on track because we don't want to have to close it.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Nice "objective" Mod you are .... Was your little "political" comment directed toward me necessary? :nono:

Well there is a section just for talking politics....So really political talk belongs there....But now you're questioning mods...Good one lap dog......:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Ktrain's comment was based on past experience with political threads. Remember one of the rules is that stuff never spills out into the forums. Somebody bring this back to football or this one gets closed.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-23-2007, 12:49 AM
Go Steelers......

K Train
09-23-2007, 12:50 AM
so....how bout that lammar woodley

Black@Gold Forever32
09-23-2007, 12:51 AM
Freaking beast......The next Jason Gildon......

K Train
09-23-2007, 12:52 AM
only if no one touches him lol

man oh man i so look forward to week 4 of the gospel

TEEMONT
09-23-2007, 12:55 AM

Oh dude, I completely that Carnell Lake was beast. He was my favorite player back in the day, however I don't think he does the same things Troy does for us in the 3-4 defense. Don't forget though Lake wouldn't have had a chance at corner if Woodson wouldn't have gotten hurt. Lake was a beast though plain and simple, glad you brought him into the conversation.

floodcitygirl
09-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Sorry everyone. Can't abide by people that are negative toward our people that serve....and that's how I read this. There are just times when I wish we had negative gifts or demerits or something......not often...but sometimes. lol

TEEMONT
09-23-2007, 01:01 AM
Ugh, little late for the party there Tee .... this disagreement ended yesterday. Perhaps you were too busy watching reruns of Bush's speech from last week or Hannity and Combes to realize it. :hilarious:

Get the **** over it. The argument is over when I say it is.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I highly doubt he was a day late to jump on his soabox in this thread because he had a quick trip to Iraq to tend to.

Don't ever ****ing question my dedication to, or how serious I take my job. You don't have a clue dude, you really don't.

But to be honest I was off in Guam and Hawaii for the past 11 days drinking away your tax dollars. It tasted soooo good too, can't wait for my next ICS funded trip.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

only if no one touches him lol

man oh man i so look forward to week 4 of the gospel

mmmm more weekly dose of the truth....mmmmmmm

K Train
09-23-2007, 01:02 AM
always count on the gospel to get the juices flowing

this thread is really close to getting closed

K Train
09-23-2007, 01:04 AM
oh goody FC fury has joined the party, seriously someone go start a bitching thread in the rivalry forum cause this thread is gonna get cleaned up anyway

TEEMONT
09-23-2007, 01:06 AM
always count on the gospel to get the juices flowing

this thread is really close to getting closed

oh well...****in close it...dude wants to be a douche and try to call my ****ing service out? He can seriously eat ****. He wants to call my political views out, thats fine. But when he starts talking **** on my job that keeps me away from my family at times (and in two weeks when I will be in Afghanistan for two months) then he can seriously eat a ****.

K Train
09-23-2007, 01:06 AM
here, all replys go here from now on

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?p=146599#post146599

floodcitygirl
09-23-2007, 01:28 AM
Ohhhh good. I have no access to that page.......lol

Iron City South
09-23-2007, 08:41 AM
oh well...****in close it...dude wants to be a douche and try to call my ****ing service out? He can seriously eat shiat. He wants to call my political views out, thats fine. But when he starts talking shiat on my job that keeps me away from my family at times (and in two weeks when I will be in Afghanistan for two months) then he can seriously eat a ****.

and you all allow this after you said knock it off? What's this called a "free pass?" :dunno:

At least I can follow the rules .... :tt02:

TEEMONT
09-23-2007, 09:30 AM
and you all allow this after you said knock it off? What's this called a "free pass?" :dunno:

At least I can follow the rules .... :tt02:

Get over it dude.

Iron City South
09-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Get over it dude.

Dude? This type of slang isn't very becoming of our countries finest now is it?

oh well...****in close it...

A blatant disregard and disrespect on your part for the Moderators of this board. :nono:

dude wants to be a douche and try to call my ****ing service out? He can seriously eat a ****.

Boy, I'm sure your parents would be proud of you hearing you talk like this. Isn't this type of vulgar personal attack against the rules on this board? I'm quite sure it is. :nono:

Now, just apologize to the Moderators of this board and let's be done with it so we can get back to the issue at hand which is Steeler football, deal? :yesnod: :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2007, 10:27 AM
See this thread for any future FC fury and his self proclaimed gospel talk !

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9643

If you dont' have access to the rivalry forum and you want to read this just let me know or AZ know and we'll give you access.