PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Cowboys in SB XLII?

BlackGold4vr
09-20-2007, 01:52 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0919/nfl_g_helmets_275.jpg

Steelers vs. Cowboys for a fourth time in the Super Bowl

The only people who would view this as a possibility live in either Texas or Pennsylvania. There's no way the Cowboys reach the Super Bowl with all the holes in their defense. As for the Steelers, they have to deal with a couple of hurdles in the AFC known as New England and Indianapolis. So please stop dreaming of Super Bowl repeats. Though the Cowboys and Steelers are improved, they aren't close to being the cream of their respective conferences.
-- Jeffri Chadiha

As much as I'd love to see my beloved hometown Steelers break the Cowboys' hearts for a third time in a Super Bowl, it won't happen. Not because the Steelers wouldn't beat Dallas in a fourth title game matchup, but because such a pairing won't take place. The AFC simply has too many power teams right now to consider Pittsburgh a favorite. It would take the kind of run the Steelers had in 2005, although such a hot streak would be even more difficult this time around. As for the Cowboys, well, they look really good through two games, and the road to the NFC title isn't nearly as difficult. It's possible they'll make it to Phoenix -- where they'd lose to whatever team represents the AFC in Super Bowl XLII. -- Len Pasquarelli

The so-called sports writers crack me up. 2 weeks into the season and they are ready to play the AFC championship game between the Colts and Patriots. Guess they could just pull an NFC team out of a hat to see who the sacrificial lamb will be. Why are we wasting our time playing out the season if the champion has already been decided?

Because rarely if ever are the experts right!

They have already back pedalled on the Saints pick. After leading the league in scoring and coming up just shy in the conference championship game last year, many of the sportscasters and sportswriters were picking the Saints to take the next step. What happened? While I will concede that the Colts and Pats should garner some respect and most likely will both make the play-offs, I am not ready to concede that these 2 teams are locks to play in the conference championship game. A lot can happen between now and then.

"If you wanna crown them, then go ahead and crown them!" :bluelol:

As for me I'd like to see how things play themselves out. :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
09-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Based on Media predictions I think the Colts and Pats should have about 5 or 6 SB's a piece! :D

Black@Gold Forever32
09-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Well the Colts should never be a lock for the AFC title game....Them finally getting over the hump last isn't enough for me to think their play-off woes are over...lol As for the Pats they have weapons for Brady on offense...Thats what make them scary...The guy never had weapons like this and has three rings....lol But their defense has holes and is old at LB.......I know Adalius Thomas is still very good....But Vrabel and Bruschi are in their early/mid 30s....There isn't much depth behind them either...

We get to see how the Steelers stack up against the Pats in Dec when we travel to New England......... I just know to Tom Brady has a very good record against the Steelers......I'm not crowning them either...But we have to get to Brady in that game...But thats to far ahead....My concentration is on the beating the 49ers are going to take this Sunday...lol

steelcurtaingal
09-20-2007, 03:03 PM
I can dream.. this would be the sb to be a ll sb's in my heart

Blitzburgh55
09-20-2007, 03:51 PM
I think the cowboys will win the NFC

StlersGuy
09-20-2007, 05:16 PM
This is the game alot of people want to see including me however lets not jump ahead and just take it 1 game at a time.

MotoF150
09-21-2007, 08:45 PM
New England and Philadelphia and New England winning the Super Bowl

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2007, 08:55 PM

The Eagles....lol Ok keep telling yourself that.....:lol:

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-21-2007, 09:58 PM

Someone call the local mental hospital. We have an escapee.

StlersGuy
09-21-2007, 10:13 PM

ok please put the crack pipe down and step away from the computer :tt02:

SteelCzar76
09-21-2007, 11:07 PM
In all actuality, i thought about this as well. (Us facing the Cowgirls in the "Big Dance") But the NFC is wide open in my opinion. But i do look for the Skins, Packers, and Bears to make runs based upon the prospective strength of their defenses. And Carolina appears to have actually "turned the corner". And to the surprise of most,...i even think the Saints bounce back. IMO their current sub par level of play is a matter of lack of resolve in terms of discipline. Though their secondary is "clown shoes" (ie, f#cking absurd)LOL

But in truth, it's still very early and though Dallas looks very impressive.As do we,...i'll stick with the 'single game season" mentality until we are hoisting yet another Lombardi and vindicating the rationale behind bringing coach Tomlin in to run things.

But i will go on record as saying i truly believe that we will finally get the Patsies off of our 'title game back' this season. Because Tomlin will have everyone focused in terms of professionalism and 'killer instinct'.

IMO,...if we continue to train as we play and play as we train, we will be there to to do so in the title game. (As i will admit that i feel that they (Patsies) will be.)

They're division is weak, and they have the personel, coaching staff and experience to 'make it happen')

WeRideinCOx5
09-22-2007, 01:35 AM

Who is this guy?:willybs:

Stairwayto7
09-22-2007, 06:49 AM
Only 2 games so far, way to early to tell!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2007, 07:01 AM
Im so freekin sick of the Pats. I swear that team has a weekly meet n greet in a back room with Goodell to discuss how great they are and pat themselves on the back. Mr Brady and his bunch are God's gift to the league if you believe the media hype about them. Get over it already, it's only week 2 !

okiesteeler
09-22-2007, 11:48 AM
If the steelers were to cheat as much as the Patriots we would have hoisted all those lombardis they have already hoisted

kgreen
09-22-2007, 12:21 PM
This would be nice to redeem the Super Bowl XXX because I still feel like we haven't done that even by winning Super Bowl XL. Plus, the way LeBeau's Blitzburgh D handled Dallas in XXX, he has some unfinished business.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Not a real Steeler fan:dunno:

StlersGuy
09-22-2007, 12:23 PM
That is Don Imus:hilarious: