PDA

View Full Version : Owens fined for his touchdown celebration

Blitzburgh55
09-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Sep 19 Tim MacMahon, of The Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens was fined "a good chunk of money" by the league, according to Owens, for his touchdown celebration against the Miami Dolphins Sunday, Sept. 16. The fine was for violating the rule of using the ball as a prop.

It was great, how can you fine that

TO has always been one of my favorite players and he is on my fantasy team
It was 25 times better than any Chad Johnson TD dance

StlersGuy
09-19-2007, 04:25 PM
It was great, how can you fine that

TO has always been one of my favorite players and he is on my fantasy team
It was 25 times better than any Chad Johnson TD dance

try 100 times CJ is just an *** and thinks he is all that.... Now back on topic I thought it was funny and TO is the master when it comes to coming up with stuff to do after he scores a TD.

steelcurtaingal
09-19-2007, 04:38 PM
I think its so gay you cant celebrate a touchdown. I wont say what i would do if i were a player, cause... I just wont. But its all in fun of the game

AZ_Steeler
09-19-2007, 04:57 PM
I think it's a dumb rule about using the ball as a prop. That was actually a pretty good celebration and I enjoyed it.

I also thought it was funny to see CJ jump into the dog pound and get drenched with beer! :lol:

black an gold 4 life
09-19-2007, 08:02 PM
so the league is saying that celebrating an touchdown is bringing more shame 2 the game than cheating? t.o celebrating is worse than belidicks cheating? w t f is the world coming 2

steelcurtaingal
09-19-2007, 08:05 PM
so the league is saying that celebrating an touchdown is bringing more shame 2 the game than cheating? t.o celebrating is worse than belidicks cheating? w t f is the world coming 2

:lol: who knows

BlitzburghNation
09-19-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm old school,,,,,,,, Like barry sanders & jerry rice :nahnah:

Just hand the ball to the ref's,,,,,,I love the plays on the field !

Especially the knock the crap outta of you hits ~~~~ :bigthumb:

Aunkster
09-20-2007, 01:01 AM
I'm old school,,,,,,,, Like barry sanders & jerry rice :nahnah:

Just hand the ball to the ref's,,,,,,I love the plays on the field !

Especially the knock the crap outta of you hits ~~~~ :bigthumb:

Thats my thoughts also .

ACT LIKE YOU BEEN THERE

BBG7
09-20-2007, 10:38 AM
lol..I missed it? what did he do?

I do think the league is going overboard with fines handed out to players for TD celebrations. It's football...get over it.

PsychoWard
09-20-2007, 11:21 AM
yeah there are taking this a litte to serious! i heard it was like $7500!

AZ_Steeler
09-20-2007, 11:59 AM
lol..I missed it? what did he do?

I do think the league is going overboard with fines handed out to players for TD celebrations. It's football...get over it.

He used the football like an old movie camera, with the handle you had to turn to roll the film... It was "classic" :bigthumb:

http://www.old-picture.com/american-history-1900-1930s/thumbnails/Camera-Movie-th.jpg

Bucsfan4ever
09-20-2007, 12:00 PM
If the opposing team and their fans don't like celebrations...tough!!

As a Bucs fan, over the years I've seen LOTS of celebrations taunting us but afterwards I still had to admit they were funny...the celebration and taunting rules are ridiculous...wish they would rescind them.

BBG7
09-20-2007, 12:04 PM
I for one...don't care if a player celebrates a touchdown unless they do it in a way to mock us (ie the Bengals - doushmanzadah). a player and team should be able to celebrate. Stupid if you ask me!

steelcurtaingal
09-20-2007, 02:15 PM
If the opposing team and their fans don't like celebrations...tough!!

As a Bucs fan, over the years I've seen LOTS of celebrations taunting us but afterwards I still had to admit they were funny...the celebration and taunting rules are ridiculous...wish they would rescind them.

i agree:bigthumb:

Blitzburgh55
09-20-2007, 02:55 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gKFP4g5IH6A

their is the vid of what he did

SteelerBee43
09-20-2007, 02:55 PM
I don't see the what the big deal was about anyway....:scratch:

BBG7
09-20-2007, 03:12 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gKFP4g5IH6A

their is the vid of what he did

thanks for posting...now I think the punishment is even more rediculous. What did he do wrong. It was harmless!

NOVA STEELERS
09-25-2007, 11:14 AM
They are taking alot of the fun out of the game with the excessive celebration rule BLAHHHHHHHHHhhh

steelcurtaingal
09-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Honestly, i think if i was a nfl player i would be the biggest sob, and do all kinds of dancing in the endzone just to get my point across. then again, im just that ignorant:lol: