PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger regaining his top form

SteelersWoman
09-19-2007, 03:58 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07261/818434-13.stm

After two excellent starts to open the 2007 season -- and two easy victories -- Roethlisberger appears to have regained his record-setting form

Tuesday, September 18, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200709/20070917_01_pd_500.jpg
Peter Diana / Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger runs on to the field before the start of the game against the Bills Sunday at Heinz Field.

Memories play tricks when it comes to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger because his 2006 season generally is regarded as one big bust.
Tackle Willie Colon wasn't with the Steelers when Roethlisberger shot through the NFL with the best first two seasons in the league for a quarterback, when he went 13-0 as a rookie and became the youngest starting quarterback to win a Super Bowl in his second year.

There's much more to this story, and some stat columns, but when I tried to copy and paste, it messed up, so you'll have to follow the link to get the rest.

AZ_Steeler
09-19-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm sure Ben is still a little hesitant at times just because of the injuries he sustained, but as long as he keeps putting up numbers like he has these first two weeks then I think he'll begin to build his confidence and put those injuries and last season deeper inside his head.

Mike Tomlin
09-19-2007, 12:09 PM
He looks comfortable in the pocket again, as opposed to last year when he flinched at everything. Everytime he dropped back I thought it would be a turnover or sack. It's understandable after all he went through, the guy is a human your body can only take so much.Then he's expected to go out and play a sport that's has an impact of a car wreck or two on every play. Charlie should have started the first 3-5 games and let Ben rest and get healthy. Thats the difference in Tomlin and Cowher he would have sat Ben. Makes me think Cowher didn't care since it was his last year.

black an gold 4 life
09-19-2007, 02:52 PM
excellent point m.t coward did try 2 hurt the steelers future because he knew he wouldn't b here n 07 look at the way coward handled everything the players were not perpared, he put ben n when clearly charlie was more perpared when the season finished coward 2 longer than he should've of 2 annouce that he was stepping down looks like he tried 2 hurt the steelers chances of finding an head coach,COWARD IS THE NUMBER 1 HATER OF THE STEELERS, u heard what he's been saying about pittsburgh? the only good thing is that the players r using his hating 2 prove him wrong coward was an is an bum!!!!!!!!!! lol

BBG7
09-19-2007, 03:34 PM
excellent point m.t coward did try 2 hurt the steelers future because he knew he wouldn't b here n 07 look at the way coward handled everything the players were not perpared, he put ben n when clearly charlie was more perpared when the season finished coward 2 longer than he should've of 2 annouce that he was stepping down looks like he tried 2 hurt the steelers chances of finding an head coach,COWARD IS THE NUMBER 1 HATER OF THE STEELERS, u heard what he's been saying about pittsburgh? the only good thing is that the players r using his hating 2 prove him wrong coward was an is an bum!!!!!!!!!! lol

:plus1:

SteelerNation
09-19-2007, 03:36 PM
As the season wears on Big Ben will get his balls back it's just a matter of time.

I do however belive he will have one of his biggest years since he's been in the NFL imo. But the only way he can have a big year is for the damn oline to step it up hes still makeing BONE HEADED plays becasue hes being rushed...

Atleast he isent leading the league in INT's again or a of yet...

K Train
09-19-2007, 04:35 PM
he has been moving so good, just buying time like he used to. he showed flashes at the end of last year and he came on really strong. hes so tough to bring down and just has always been able to buy that extra second

TEEMONT
09-19-2007, 05:07 PM
I think my biggest worry at this point is, he has been moving too often. Our O-line has been letting pressure get to Ben. The two teams we played weren't exactly Defensive powerhouses. The line needs to step it up a little bit if we are going to go anywhere this season. When we beat a playoff team like we have the Browns and Bills, then I'll get optimistic.

But thus far, Ben has been proving me wrong.

steelcurtaingal
09-19-2007, 05:18 PM
I see him having a good year, He seems to be back to his old, or (dare i say) better form. Lets just hope the rest of the team does good too

K Train
09-19-2007, 05:23 PM
I think my biggest worry at this point is, he has been moving too often. Our O-line has been letting pressure get to Ben. The two teams we played weren't exactly Defensive powerhouses. The line needs to step it up a little bit if we are going to go anywhere this season. When we beat a playoff team like we have the Browns and Bills, then I'll get optimistic.

But thus far, Ben has been proving me wrong.

i think the oline has been pretty dominate so far, and ben has been buying just enough time, some say he holds it to long but i think hes fine. and the browns defense sucks but they have some good linebackers and they couldnt do anything all day, but wimbley is a terror on the field and that other dued from the texans has done a nice job, the bills arent exactly a ****** defense either, powerhouses by no means but great teams to warm up on lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Ben still has work to do though, he's still forcing the issue at times and still doesn't always throw the ball away when he's about to get sacked. It's one thing to never give up on a play but sometimes you just have to take the sack instead of just tossing it up for grabs.

He's definitely more comfortable this year so far and the OL is getting better each week but they are letting some pressure get through and forcing Ben to run away from the pursuit. As long as the OL keeps improving and working together as a unit they'll continue to get better which will let Ben have more time and be even more comfortable. Until he can go through a game where his jersey stays clean and he only scrambles on designed plays, there is always room for improvement.

Having said that, so far so good and I like what we see in him so far.

GoBenGo
09-19-2007, 06:28 PM
I have been ecstatic since that fateful draft day!! This guy is the Real Deal:yesnod:! Last year aside:topgun::eek:, big fluke, his stats speak for themselves. The dude is Money!
He is going to fuel the latest, greatest most omnipotent of all Steeler Dynasties!
OH YEAH! IT'S 'BERGER TIME!
AAWWWWWWWWWW RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

BlitzburghNation
09-19-2007, 09:17 PM
So far I've really love how Big Ben is playing :clap:

But I still wanna see him go against better secondary's :popcorn:

He has shown alot of poise so far,,,,,,,,,Even in the face of a big rush
"Which he had a little here & there" Which hopefully he won't see much
If our O-Line starts to Gel more & more as the season moves along :crossfingers:

His biggest test will be when we play Denver in week # 7 "sun night @ den"

Then in week #9 against them rat-turds
"monday nighter"

Then of-cours the biggest one @ New England week #14
Then jags,rams & Rat-turds

IMO: When week #7 gets here our offense will be humming on all cylinders

Bottom Line is "we are going to the playoffs" Not just on bens arm,,,,,,,
But by us having the best "D" in the league :towelwave:

K Train
09-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Ben still has work to do though, he's still forcing the issue at times and still doesn't always throw the ball away when he's about to get sacked. It's one thing to never give up on a play but sometimes you just have to take the sack instead of just tossing it up for grabs.

hes gotten better though, thats all you can ask, your not taking that mentality away from him

GoBenGo
09-20-2007, 02:05 PM
His biggest test will be when we play Denver in week # 7 "sun night @ den" yup yup think about it:scratch::
#7 engineers 7 play, 77 yard drive culminating with a 7 yard keeper behind a pulling Marvel Smith:yesnod: to open week 7 versus Da Bunkos!!!
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

SteelerNation
09-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Bottom line is ben has done so much better then last year and thats all we can ask of him at this point:bigthumb:

FC FURY
09-20-2007, 02:42 PM
The Broncos will be forced to stop Parker....I dont see it happening. The Broncos are the most over rated team in the NFL. :stirpot:

SteelerNation
09-20-2007, 02:47 PM
The Broncos will be forced to stop Parker....I dont see it happening. The Broncos are the most over rated team in the NFL. :stirpot:

:scratch: the broncos the most overater team in the NFL ??? when did this happen

FC FURY
09-20-2007, 02:52 PM
I view the Broncos as a 9-7 team tops. I dont see the Broncos making the play offs...So yeah...I feel there over rated

AZ_Steeler
09-20-2007, 03:06 PM
The Broncos D surrendered a 17 point lead to the Oakland Raiders and Lamont Jordan had a field day! At this point in the season the Bronco defense does have issues that need to be addressed and if Jordan can have that kind of day he had against them then I can't wait to see what Willie can do to that D!

:cope:

GoBenGo
09-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Bronkos D schmoncos D ! Our offense is two shelves above their "D". As long as we don't allow Cutler to be comfortable and make the big play, Steelers win.
It seems odd saying you gotta stop Cutler to win but , heck, what else do they have?
Steelers 28-13

SteelerNation
09-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Im not saying they are the gods of football but they are better then a 9-7 team....

Grant the D is not at its best but they still get what needs to be done on both sides of the ball when it matters..

I say they go 11-5 make the playoffs and lose the first round. to SD -