PDA

View Full Version : Green Dots On the back of QB Helmets

MotoF150
09-17-2007, 05:15 AM
Why are there green dots on the back of the QB Helmets?
Its a little green dot sticker, its all around the league, every QB in the NFL has those green dot sticker on the back of their helmet.
Why?

StlersGuy
09-17-2007, 06:55 AM
It means that there's a headset in the helmet.

A new NFL rule this year says that any helmet with a microphone/transmitter in it must have a green dot on it.

This rule is meant to prevent teams from calling fake field goals on the fly. Last year it happened a couple times--the holder on the field goal was told to pull up and throw or run at the last second because of a change the coaches saw on the field.

This gave teams an "unfair advantage" in the eyes of the NFL. So new rules let each team know who's got a headset in there and who's hearing plays being called.

BB2W
09-17-2007, 08:30 AM
I heard it was on there to make sure there is only one helmet with a headset on the feild at a time. In situations where multi-threat QB's would line up at receiver there would be two on the field at once. Now that they have a way to monitor it they would have to put on a back-up helmet without the headset.

okiesteeler
09-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Thank you, I was wondering this myself

Stairwayto7
09-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Brady has two green stickers, one for his headset, and one for the mic

Forged in Steel
09-17-2007, 09:44 AM
How is a green dot going to prevent them from having one headset on the field at one time? Who knows, the Patriots could have headsets in all of their players that pick up the other teams radio signals and crap.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-17-2007, 10:00 AM
I heard it was on there to make sure there is only one helmet with a headset on the feild at a time. In situations where multi-threat QB's would line up at receiver there would be two on the field at once. Now that they have a way to monitor it they would have to put on a back-up helmet without the headset.

:plus1:

The green dot is so the officials can more easily decipher who has the green dot and to make sure that none one else on the field at the time has one.

I sure did clash with that yellow lid they had on yesterday, didn't it ? :lol:

AZ_Steeler
09-17-2007, 11:52 AM
The green dot is far better than an antenna :D:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Don't give them any ideas :lol:

On a similar note, I'd look for the defense to have radio's in their helmets too in the next couple years if they can work out a system to keep track of who gets a radio and what not...

StlersGuy
09-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Hm what color of dots does the cameraman for the pats wear on his hat ? :lol:

PsychoWard
09-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Brady has two green stickers, one for his headset, and one for the mic

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

digdug
09-18-2007, 03:25 AM
On a similar note, I'd look for the defense to have radio's in their helmets too in the next couple years if they can work out a system to keep track of who gets a radio and what not...

IMO there should be a list, given to the officials prior to the coin toss, of defensive players that have one of the headset helmets and one without. With the amount of changing on D there would have to be multiple players.

There is only one hold up on D players getting the headset helmets - the league vote. The last time the proposition came up it lacked 2 or 3 votes
of passing. I'll give you one guess which team was one of the ones who voted no. You got it - the Belicheaters. Wonder how they are going to vote next time?