PDA

View Full Version : Next test - San Francisco

BlitzburghRockCity
09-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Yes Alex Smith is inexperienced and if we can get in his face and pressure him he'll probably break down. Frank Gore on the other hand is coming to town as well and this kid runs hard. The 49ers are a young team but they have a lot of confidence right now since they are 2-0 just like us.

If we're going to win this game we need to get on them early and break their will. If we keep the game close and these guys get it in their heads that they can steal one from us it's going to be all the more difficult. On paper we should win this game, but that's why we play the game. We've got them at home so we need to use that advantage and let the crowd help out and show these guys what real NFL fans sound like ! You can bet they'll try and run as much as possible to take pressure off the young QB so it's imperative that the defense shut down the run early and the pass rush be in full gear.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-17-2007, 12:04 AM
Yes the 49ers are 2-0....But they have had close wins against the Rams and the Cards...lol The Steelers are just blowing their competition out of the water right now....

I really think the 49ers have no chance in this game....Yes Frank Gore is a very good RB....But I expect the Steelers defense to shut him down.....The 49ers seem to be protecting Alex Smith to much in games...So far the 49ers are not giving him many chances to make plays in the passing game...I think he gets thrown for a loop against Coach LeBeau's gang.....The 49ers WRs don't scare me at all....I think Vernon Davis is a talented TE but with Mike Nolan not giving Smith much freedom in the offense...The talent of Davis is being wasted....

I like the Steelers offense against the 49ers defense.....The 49ers run a 3-4.....But the Steelers know all about a 3-4....lol Plus its not a great front 7 the 49ers have...They have some good players but overall I think the unit is average.....The 49ers paid a kings ransom for Nate Clements and is a very good corner....But the rest of the secondary isn't nothing to scream about....

When looking at this game and especially since the game is at Pittsburgh...I really the Steelers match up well with the 49ers and will get their third win.....But I think the game will be closer then these first two......

I say 30-17 Steelers.....

K Train
09-17-2007, 12:05 AM
frank gore will be a non factor just like the rest of the RBs we go against. We drafted troy to handle guys like davis and gates....i really think this is another massacre, single digits for the 9ers

Troyisabeast_43
09-17-2007, 12:35 AM
I think this will be the toughest test of the first 3 so far seeing that you said the Niners do have a lot of confidence coming in here 2-0 and pulling out two close games against Zona and the Rams. Still though with that being said I do think the Steelers are better across the board then the Niners,the game is here for a 1 o clock start on the East Coast those teams never do well here really. I think the Steelers will take care of the 49ers maybe not as easy as the Browns and Bills but they should still win this game. This defense right now looks a lot better,alot faster, and just a lot deeper then it did a year ago. If it keeps playing like this the Steelers will win a lot of games.

introyitrust
09-17-2007, 12:36 AM
If we keep them scoreless in the first half (like we did to the Browns and Bills) I guarantee we will win.
I can see the Niners using playaction against us and trying to find Jackson downfield and V. Davis on short routes.
I think we will minimize Gore's effectiveness and put a lot of pressure on A.Smith with blitzes he hasn't seen yet.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-17-2007, 12:44 AM
I think overall we match up very well against the 49ers and we have a definite edge at most of the positions on both sides of the ball. We have more experience and our players know how to handle a top notch RB like Gore so yes based on what we know so far about this team we should win, but Im anxious to see how respond after 2 back to back pretty easy wins.

Will we show and still have the same intensity, the same commitment to the running game, will not keep shooting ourselves in the foot, and most importantly will be come out and play up to our potential or down to our opponent ? Tomlin has this team focused so far and the next test is coming up this sunday !

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-17-2007, 01:19 AM
C'mon get serious the 40 ounce-ers maybe the next test on schedule but I really doubt it they put up much more of a fight then buffaloed did. Young QB's don't stand a chance against our D...another blowout 27- 9

Prosdo
09-17-2007, 01:28 AM
Frank Gore will be shut down. Their game against Arizona was pathetic. I expect the Steelers D to harass Alex Smith all day long.

MotoF150
09-17-2007, 04:20 AM
I believe the 49'ers will be the first real test for the Steelers since the 49'ers are 2-0, Cleveland and Buffalo were poor teams and a high school football team could have beaten them.
The top NFL experts never picked the Steelers to have a winning season this year, and yes the Steelers are 2-0, but when the Steelers start playing some better teams they will lose.

StlersGuy
09-17-2007, 05:49 AM
I believe the 49'ers will be the first real test for the Steelers since the 49'ers are 2-0, Cleveland and Buffalo were poor teams and a high school football team could have beaten them.
The top NFL experts never picked the Steelers to have a winning season this year, and yes the Steelers are 2-0, but when the Steelers start playing some better teams they will lose.

you did not just say that..... So lets see the 49ers beat the Cards and the Rams so by them doing so by your logic they are the Gods of the NFL, please do us a favor step away from the computer and keyboard before you make your self out to be more of an ***....

Any team can win on any given Sunday

Stairwayto7
09-17-2007, 08:48 AM
We need a big lead early, that way it takes thier running game out of the picture. if we stop their run, they will be done anyway!

AZ_Steeler
09-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Gore was playing on emotion this past Sunday so that wasn't a typical day for him and besides he hasn't face a D quite like the Steelers. Once Gore is out of the picture it only leaves Smith to beat the Steelers but it's not possible because they don't have the talent at WR to stretch the Steelers secondary and really test them.

Another land slide...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-17-2007, 03:36 PM

Seriously dude, what kind of stuff are you smoking to sit here and say that just because the NFL experts didn't pick us to win that we're going to lose when we play tougher competition ? Anybody can win at any time regardless of the record.

StlersGuy
09-17-2007, 03:42 PM
I just cant wait to see how Gore does running the ball on us....

PsychoWard
09-17-2007, 04:50 PM
gore will be our toughest threat so far this year but really i don't see him being a threat at all. his first two games were just ok and we didn't face a D like the steelers! I say we will get ahead fast and make the young qb go againest our experinenced D!! 34-7 Steelers :cope: :cope: :cope:

GoBenGo
09-17-2007, 05:35 PM
frank gore will be a non factor just like the rest of the RBs we go against. We drafted troy to handle guys like davis and gates....i really think this is another massacre, single digits for the 9ers

I agree , we shut backs down. Gore is the best we face so far this year. After we shut him down, then the doubters shut up.

SteelerFan87
09-17-2007, 05:47 PM
I see another blow out. 28-10 Steelers.

I'm really starting to look ahead to the top teams in the NFL. And actually, I'm no longer looking ahead to our games against the Ravens. I'm looking at that game against the Pats, and I can't wait for it to come. At the same time, I want the Steelers to get everything together. Despite our dominating wins the past 2 weeks, I really think this team is far from reaching it's peak. And we'll need to bring our A game to beat the Pats.
I feel kind of like that montage from Rocky 3, when Mr. T is beating the crap out of people, just waiting for his chance at Rocky.
:lol:

manofsteel
09-17-2007, 07:08 PM
We shut the run down ALWAYS!! And the D will eat Smith. I watched last week when SF playd AZ, and I know were not as bad as AZ but THe SF D was hittin hard. The O line well definately need to open holes for aWille and protect Ben. Also well see how well Willie can do picking up the Blitz this week cause they will be coming. I like alot of quick and slip screens this wee against a very aggressice D that Thinks they are good

digdug
09-18-2007, 02:10 AM
Gore was playing on emotion this past Sunday so that wasn't a typical day for him and besides he hasn't face a D quite like the Steelers. Once Gore is out of the picture it only leaves Smith to beat the Steelers but it's not possible because they don't have the talent at WR to stretch the Steelers secondary and really test them.

Another land slide...

I agree totally, I'm sayin 38-13

steelcitysfinestXL
09-18-2007, 02:14 AM
This will be the best D we have played so far no doubt, but they are going to have to play an assload cause they're off. is gonna be 3 and out early and often. I have been a gore fan since he was at the U but he is a second effort back like Lewis, and no one gets many 2nd chances agaist us!!! i worry about smith breaking the pocket early and often with his speed, forcing us to blitz inside/ contain outside, where we are a lil less effective!!! Gore will be ineffective cauing the offense to stumble and their D will wear down. This game will get blown open in the 3rd if not sooner. 27-6 steelers!!!!