PDA

View Full Version : Funny Start!?!?

steelcitysfinestXL
09-16-2007, 07:48 PM
I know its early... so im not reading too much into this, but its starting to look like we DEFINATELY are the class of the AFCN!!! I really didnt think this until i saw us handle BUF (not a huge suprise) and CIN get 51 posted on them by CLEVELAND!!! The ravens havent looked great to say the least... and we did exactly what we should have done in the first 2 weeks... and then some!!! The scary thing about us is the fact that we have dominated while we have left quite a few plays on the field:
1:dropped 3rd down by Krieder
2:INT by ben where miller was wide open
3:questionable call on Wards incomplete catch in the end zone
all 3 would have been TD's if completed

Like i said i know its early, but is this what everyone expected from us??? I thought we'd win both if these games before the season started but we look to be in midseason form in week 2!!! Any way greast start, lets keep it up against SF next week!!!!

AZ_Steeler
09-16-2007, 08:24 PM
That's one thing I like about Tomlin... he has had this team looking in mid season form since week 1! I think we are just to use to the Cowher era where the team came out sluggish and didn't hit stride until about week 5 or so. The offense is scoring and the defense is putting up a brick wall... I think the Steelers will be scary once they finally hit mid season form! :bigthumb:

TampaSteelGirl
09-16-2007, 08:41 PM
That's one thing I like about Tomlin... he has had this team looking in mid season form since week 1! I think we are just to use to the Cowher era where the team came out sluggish and didn't hit stride until about week 5 or so. The offense is scoring and the defense is putting up a brick wall... I think the Steelers will be scary once they finally hit mid season form! :bigthumb:

I agree 100% here! He has them looking great!!! :tt02:

BlitzburghNation
09-16-2007, 09:36 PM
:ditto:

BBG7
09-16-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm having a good feeling right now. The team has come out strong which we never saw from a Cowher coached team!

JB 67
09-16-2007, 09:41 PM
I agree and Ben still doesn't get enough respect

K Train
09-16-2007, 09:43 PM
and he never will, he fell into to good of a situation and had to much early success because of it, it ruined his career lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-16-2007, 09:46 PM
We all knew going into this year that the first part of the season was the time that we needed to come out hitting on all cylinders and make a statement early on because a lot of tough games are coming down the pike in the 2nd half of the season. If we struggle through the first 8 it's only going to get worse later on. So far so good for us, we're 2-0 right now and in first place. We need to keep up the intensity and take it 1 week at a time.

K Train
09-16-2007, 09:53 PM
We all knew going into this year that the first part of the season was the time that we needed to come out hitting on all cylinders and make a statement early on because a lot of tough games are coming down the pike in the 2nd half of the season. If we struggle through the first 8 it's only going to get worse later on. So far so good for us, we're 2-0 right now and in first place. We need to keep up the intensity and take it 1 week at a time.

look at our game we thought would be "tough"

San Francisco- Alex smith becomes the next lost scared little QB
Arizona- I WOULD BE SURPRISED
Jacksonville- usually play us really tough, but really suck this year
Denver- Have struggled alot so far, just barely winning 2 games
New England- ok, they are pretty good....circle this one
Seattle- lost to AZ today and struggled last week
Miami- will compete for the 1st overall choic...BRIAN BROHM
NYJ- have sucked *** so far
St louis- see above
Bengals- are the joke of the NFL
Ravens-circle this one, revenge time
Browns-your kidding

it looked alot harder before we seen some of these teams play....just saying

black an gold 4 life
09-16-2007, 11:32 PM
once the offense catches up 2 speed with the defense we will b unstoppable

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-16-2007, 11:53 PM
look at our game we thought would be "tough"

San Francisco- Alex smith becomes the next lost scared little QB
Arizona- I WOULD BE SURPRISED
Jacksonville- usually play us really tough, but really suck this year
Denver- Have struggled alot so far, just barely winning 2 games
New England- ok, they are pretty good....circle this one
Seattle- lost to AZ today and struggled last week
Miami- will compete for the 1st overall choic...BRIAN BROHM
NYJ- have sucked *** so far
St louis- see above
Bengals- are the joke of the NFL
Ravens-circle this one, revenge time
Browns-your kidding

it looked alot harder before we seen some of these teams play....just saying

:plus1:

THe way this season is starting our schedule doesn't look so bad:crossfingers:...but it is early !

K Train
09-16-2007, 11:57 PM
just saying, everyone has been preeching about our easy start and then how hard it gets......we play alot of really bad teams lol