PDA

View Full Version : hIGH sCHOOL fOOTBALL

GoBenGo
09-15-2007, 02:07 PM
I was watching Jeanette HS play Yough HS last night.
Jeanette whipped them pretty good. I heard they were saying Yough won the game last year. Jeanette looks like a pretty high calibre team.
I am in Delaware so not too familiar with Pitt area high schools, but with my Direct TV pkg I get Fox sports Pittsburgh and other local news from Steelerville central, so I get to see some great western PA hs games.
Would like to know more about the pulse of the HS football scene there. My alma mater has apretty strong team also . So many more teams in Pa though. Pretty deep talent pool to draw from.:helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helm et::helmet:

Blitzburgh55
09-15-2007, 02:27 PM
LAst year my tema went to the SemiFinals of AAAA for PA this year we suck
We ar 1-2 we lost yesterday by a point but the other team had a RB going D1

GoBenGo
09-16-2007, 10:08 AM
AAAA is the largest schools ? We only had about 500 kids in my whole school then, now they have like 2000 the aresa blew up! Our team was good when we were small, and when it got big- IT BECAME A MONSTER!
Coach Bill Billings is legendary in Del. was 113-3-1 at one point.

Stairwayto7
09-17-2007, 08:32 AM
I know this is the Pittsburgh Sports Threads, but here in Ohio at least i`m fortunate enough to be around some awesome high school games. Mentor High, who lost in the State Champ game last season, is number 8 in the state ranking, they beat no.2 St,Ignatius, friday, the stadium was sold out again, 10,400 fans. the 50/50 was worth $3516.

Anyway here is the P.A. connection to my story. The mentor QB was all state last year as a junior, and is being heavily recruited by Penn State. Also thier kicker is having a pro year, he has made FG from 58 and tied a state record with a 61 yarder last week . pen State is also after him, and probably ever other div school in the country

SteelCityMan786
09-22-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm 2 Hours away in a town called Hollidaysburg. We're a Class AAA school with 532 males enrolled. 9 below the football cut off for AAAA. We're 4-0 on the season getting ready to head to Indian Valley. We're members of the Mountain Athletic Conferene Seven Mountains Division.

Blitzburgh55
09-22-2007, 04:29 PM
AAAA is the largest schools ? We only had about 500 kids in my whole school then, now they have like 2000 the aresa blew up! Our team was good when we were small, and when it got big- IT BECAME A MONSTER!
Coach Bill Billings is legendary in Del. was 113-3-1 at one point.

My school has atleast 900kids per grade
We have to buildings for my high school

SteelCityMan786
09-22-2007, 07:03 PM
My school has atleast 900kids per grade
We have to buildings for my high school

State College has one of those set ups.

SteelerDan43
09-23-2007, 02:17 PM
My alma mater has just recently surpassed 1000 games played and is in the 600's in wins, we have been playing since the late 1800's

kgreen
09-23-2007, 02:58 PM
My high school team is in Va. Last year, we won the region and almost went to the state title. My school has been around since 2002 and last year we knocked off powerhouse Matoaca after trailing 35-7 at the half.

Stlrs4Life
09-24-2007, 09:49 PM
I know this Jeannette team you speak of, my team Wilmington Area lost to them last season in the semi finals. They are a very good team. There All State QB is named Aaron Pryor, he is one heck uva QB. He will get many offers. sad part is that he is even better in Basketball.

SteelerFan87
09-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Go Bethel Park!

Ok, BP football is pretty mediocre. We'll go to the playoffs again, and probably lose in the 1st round. But everyone at the school will get all excited. Meanwhile, our hockey team wins the state championship like every other year, and they barely get mentioned. :scratch:

SteelCityMan786
09-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Go Bethel Park!

Ok, BP football is pretty mediocre. We'll go to the playoffs again, and probably lose in the 1st round. But everyone at the school will get all excited. Meanwhile, our hockey team wins the state championship like every other year, and they barely get mentioned. :scratch:

Hockey is pretty silent at my school. The only thing is, it's a club sport.