PDA

View Full Version : Is Belichek still a first ballot HOF`r?

Stairwayto7
09-14-2007, 05:53 AM
With all the controversy about cheating, do bill still make the HOF on is first attempt?

I say no! Will he get in? Sure! But its cheating, could you see tiger Woods, kicking his ball a few feet closer to the hole, or scoring his bogey as a birdie?? Ask pete rose, I know he gambled and bill didn`t, but his reputation had to take a huge hit, hell people will now start questioning thier so called dynasty!

StlersGuy
09-14-2007, 07:45 AM
HOF :lol: more like Hall of shame for him

Prosdo
09-14-2007, 10:23 AM
I think his reputation took a huge hit especially when he said I misinterpreted the rule. Come on now? That's the best excuse you could come up with!

Stairwayto7
09-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Alot of fans want an *Asterick next to Barry Bonds homerun record, does bill deserve an *Asterick also.

I say yes! He was caught. i say no to Bonds he was never caught.

GoBenGo
09-14-2007, 11:11 AM
The same Hall that awaits Rose, Bonds,Vick etc.

black an gold 4 life
09-14-2007, 11:53 AM
he already n the hall of shame he should've been kicked out of the league 1st of all u mean 2 tell me what vick did which had nothing 2 do with football was worse than what belidick did? get 4 real, roger goodell gave him an slap on the hand even if they lose there #1 pick they still have an another teams # 1 pick n 08 roger g. should b kicked out of the league. u can't tell me he just started cheating, it probably started when he got fired n cleveland, belidick sucks because he cheated out steelers out of 2 more superbowl an he cheated other teams also he went so low as 2 recored the houston texans lol he is an poor excuse 4 an football coach now that's an black eye 4 the nfl

Mach1
09-14-2007, 12:07 PM
He should be put on the same list as Pete Rose. IMO

AZ_Steeler
09-14-2007, 12:41 PM
I would say no, he is not a first round ballot HOFer... However, with the latest punishment announcements and how the entire Patsies organization is placed on a pedestal I wouldn't be shocked if the league let him into the HOF early!

Blitzburgh55
09-14-2007, 01:29 PM
He is still is
The browns could have cheat yet they would have still sucked

StlersGuy
09-14-2007, 01:39 PM
He is still is
The browns could have cheat yet they would have still sucked

he or the clowns where that smart back then to cheat

Blitzburgh55
09-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Cheating can only get you so far they still had to play good defense and TOm brady still had throw the ball

Forged in Steel
09-14-2007, 02:04 PM
He shouldn't even get in the HOF. This is like Pete Rose.

PsychoWard
09-14-2007, 02:47 PM
i say no!!!

Iron City South
09-14-2007, 03:34 PM
He has about as much chance of making the HOF as Ocho Stinko does wearing a tacky gold jacket and pandering to the masses on MNF!

GoBenGo
09-14-2007, 04:12 PM
"There's something sneaky up in Sneakyville"
- Charles Manson
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

dick rasile
09-14-2007, 04:40 PM
I have my doubts if he'll ever get into the Hall of Fame. He committed and confessed to the worst crime that one could do in a sporting game. When you think of the millions of dollars that are contested all over the world on the outcome of a football contest then you'll understand the black mark he will carry after his name.
The real problem now is how this is going to effect the real players who are a lock for entry into the Hall.
I live near the HOF and I always hear people talking in front of the Steeler display and steroids always seem to come up. Sometimes I think people from other parts of the country believe that the Steelers invented steroids. Steroids are a joke compared to a head coach allowing cheating.
I will always believe that Pete Rose was one of the greatest baseball players that I ever watched play the game and all he did was place a few bets on his own team. Shoeless Joe Jackson never received a dime of the bribe money and he was the greatest baseball players of all time.
Cheating and gambling are the biggest crimes in sports and if your cheating somehow had an effect on wagering then the HOF is a small problem,

BlitzburghRockCity
09-14-2007, 05:50 PM
I think his reputation took a huge hit especially when he said I misinterpreted the rule. Come on now? That's the best excuse you could come up with!

:iagree: I still think he gets into the HOF. His reputation and the Pats reputation has taken a big it, more so with the fans though than the NFL it seems. Depending on how the voters feel when it's all said and done it could get interesting. The NFL probably just wants this to go away but the media and fans are definitely in an uproar, and rightfully so IMO.

digdug
09-14-2007, 05:57 PM

It definitely sounds pretty stupid for such a "football genius" like Belicheat to misinterpret the rules!! BTW, don't the Pats have a lawyer on retainer to explain legalese to them (obviously, since they got off with such a slap on the wrist)?

Forged in Steel
09-14-2007, 07:31 PM
This is pretty much like murder in football.

GoBenGo
09-14-2007, 08:03 PM
the more I see your sig Dig, the more I like it.
:clap:

digdug
09-14-2007, 08:15 PM
the more I see your sig Dig, the more I like it.
:clap:

All the credit goes to :hail:BR7 - I never could have made something so cool

Stairwayto7
09-16-2007, 12:55 PM
He will live with CHEATING title, forever. I`m just glad the overwhelming majority of NFL analyst think the penalty was not stiff enough