PDA

View Full Version : I have a question

StlersGuy
09-12-2007, 09:03 PM
This is for all non born steelers fans, Ok I was born in Pittsburgh and raised around the steelers, so the question I have is for you Steeler fans who where not born in Pittsburgh or even PA... Just what made you become a fan of the black and gold?

Blitzburgh55
09-12-2007, 09:05 PM
My dad is from pittsburgh

Steelerlyn
09-12-2007, 09:10 PM
I am not from da burgh and have no ties to da burgh. I live in MI. My husband is an avid fan so I had to become a fan to live in my house. LOL

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Its very simple for me....My Grandfather played for the Steelers in the early 1950s....My parents were born and raised in western, PA.....They moved to Indiana a couple years before I was born......So no I wasn't born in Pittsburgh or even PA.....But I was raised a Steelers, Pirates and Pitt fan......I'm proud of my families roots also....

Koopa
09-12-2007, 09:14 PM
well growing up in cowboy country, i just grew a hatred for them, mainly cause my cousin would tell me to talk **** about the cowboys to **** ppl off, so when i started liking football in the 9th grade, i had already had a hatred for the cowboys so when my friend asked me who my team was i said teh steelers, and just stuck with them ever since

introyitrust
09-12-2007, 09:16 PM
I have no ties to the city of Pittsburgh either. Growing up in Youngstown it's pretty much either the Steelers or the Browns..
My dad and uncle were/are both Steeler fans so I think they were the ones that got me hooked.

DIESELMAN
09-12-2007, 09:28 PM
I have no ties to the city of Pittsburgh either. I started following the Steelers back in 72' cuz I was teaching myself how the game was played at 7 yrs old. I'd been watching football for a few weeks, my brother too, his dumbass said he liked the Cowboys, so over the next few weeks I watched football even closer so I could pick my team. The one thing that stood out was the logo on one side, pretty cool I thought (I was only 7 yrs old :lol:) so I really started watching them week in and week out. The D did it for me, hard hitting every week and thats when I picked Jack Lambert as my favorite player and kinda my role model to (he never left a teammate hangin out to dry). 35 years later, me and the Steelers are still goin strong :bigthumb:

steelersgal86
09-12-2007, 09:48 PM
I was not born in PA I was born and raised in Ohio!!! But my parents were born and raised in PA and my oldest brother Clevestinks was born in PA he was the only lucky one of the 4!!!!:tt02::tt02:

seth_westover
09-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Born and raised in tennessee, no ties to the burgh! my grandad was a steelers fan and when he used to watch the games, he would have me there with him! been watchin and lovin the steelers since my first year born in 1989!! been a die hard fan ever since! i love the steelers, pirates, and penquins!! i hope to move to the burgh one day!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2007, 09:56 PM
We have several friends in Pittsburgh but no actual relatives. The first time I watched the Steelers was in SB XIV when I was a kid and I was hooked because they had cool uniforms and were playing in the Super Bowl. I've been a fan ever since; not just a die hard fan but a never say die fan !

digdug
09-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Born and raised in Kansas - watched football with family since about two weeks old (born in late 74). Story is I would cry and cry whenever we weren't watching the Steelers but when we were I was the happiest baby around. Guess I picked a winner from the start - SB IX and the rest is history!! :tt02: :cope:

black an gold 4 life
09-12-2007, 10:31 PM
i've been an fan since 72 also, born an raised n the mistake by the lake but pittsburgh has been the 1st team i chose an i've been hooked every since.

AZ_Steeler
09-12-2007, 10:40 PM
I was born in Ohio but just across the river from PA, I from what they call the Ohio Valley which includes Stuebenville, OH, Wheeling WV, and Pittsburgh PA :bigthumb: Plus it helps when your Dad is a die hard too!

Steelersfan
09-13-2007, 12:25 AM
The first game I ever watched was the Steelers in the Super Bowl. Asked my father and grandfather who they were cheering for (both from PA) and they said Steelers. So I cheered them on too and have been ever since! Saw all 4 SB's in the 70's although don't really remember much from the first two, just too young (5-6 yrs old). My father and grandfather lived in Maine for so long they started cheering for the Pats! Don't ask me why!.....lol Deep down I know they still love the Steelers!

Stairwayto7
09-13-2007, 08:13 AM
I appreciate those who bleed black & gold, but are not from the Burgh. But, only if they are true die hards, and not just front runners, who jumped on our band wagon. Yes i was fortunate to be born in the land of Steelers, and yes I Bleed Black & Gold. So either you Bleed Black and Gold, or you don`t get it!

ARKIESTEEL
09-13-2007, 09:33 AM
I was about 6 or so and my dad was watching a oilers / Steelers game and I asked dad who he was pulling for he said oilers so I said I will take the other team and it just kind of stuck...been a fan for 29 years.....I do bleed black and gold and got the tat to prove it. This year we (the wife and me) will go to our 6th and 7th game. We live and die ever sunday

Stairwayto7
09-13-2007, 09:45 AM
I was about 6 or so and my dad was watching a oilers / Steelers game and I asked dad who he was pulling for he said oilers so I said I will take the other team and it just kind of stuck...been a fan for 29 years.....I do bleed black and gold and got the tat to prove it. This year we (the wife and me) will go to our 6th and 7th game. We live and die ever sunday

Live and die, every Sunday--- Thats What I`m talking about!:tt02:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

I was born in Ohio but just across the river from PA, I from what they call the Ohio Valley which includes Stuebenville, OH, Wheeling WV, and Pittsburgh PA :bigthumb: Plus it helps when your Dad is a die hard too!

DIE Hard, now were talking!:tt02:

StlersGuy
09-13-2007, 02:30 PM
I appreciate those who bleed black & gold, but are not from the Burgh. But, only if they are true die hards, and not just front runners, who jumped on our band wagon. Yes i was fortunate to be born in the land of Steelers, and yes I Bleed Black & Gold. So either you Bleed Black and Gold, or you don`t get it!

:tt02: Black and Gold 4 life:tt02:

Stairwayto7
09-13-2007, 02:40 PM
:tt02: Black and Gold 4 life:tt02:

Now were talking! Give yourself a Here We go Steelers, If you Bleed Black & Gold!

Here We Go Steelers! Here We Go!:tt02:

StlersGuy
09-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Here We Go Steelers! Here We Go! :tt02:

PsychoWard
09-13-2007, 02:44 PM
here we go steelers here we go!

ARKIESTEEL
09-13-2007, 02:52 PM
here we go steelers here we go!
:cope::tt02::cope::tt02::tt02::cabbagepatch::plus1 ::bigthumb:

seth_westover
09-13-2007, 02:53 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!! HERE WE GO!!!!

SteelersWoman
09-13-2007, 03:23 PM

That's my story exactly! :tt02:

PsychoWard
09-13-2007, 03:28 PM
like steelersgal I was born and raised in ohio but both of my parents were from pa so I was born and raised to bleed black and gold!

SteelerBee43
09-13-2007, 04:46 PM
I have lived in Ky all my life and was never a football fan at all,until I married BlitzburghNation.I was a nascar girl,and loved Rusty Wallace,the car was Black/Yellow and Sam started watching Nascar with me and I watched football with him.He liked Rusty too and the color of the car back then blended with Steelers perfectly.I guess it was fate that brought us together,I became a Steeler fan and he became a Rusty fan.I did'nt understand football,but that all changed 11 years ago,and I've been a Steeler fan ever since.:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Mach1
09-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Born out west in a state without a pro team, it was easy when I was a kid. I was about 7 and playing football with the neighborhood kids everybody wanted to be a Steeler. I was Lambert most the time. LOL

steelcurtain09
09-13-2007, 06:57 PM
both my mom and dad are from Pittsburgh and my dad especially would live and die wit the Steelers
the only games on on Sundays were the Redskins and the Steelers wit thte Steelers winning the battle
since the age of about 5 (the year before Kordell took over) those were the only two teams i liked
when Kordell took over he sort of became my idol and i remember beinpissed when they replaced him wit Tommy Maddox
in 7th grade (the year we went 6-10) my friends realized i was a Steelers fan and they said i couldnt be a Steelers fan and a Redskins fan so i chose the Steelers

kgreen
09-13-2007, 07:12 PM
My dad is from pittsburgh

Same I was born in Bethlehem, but My dad raised the Pittsburgh way. :tt02:

MDSteel15
09-13-2007, 10:17 PM
The year was 1974. Steelers are in the playoffs and thank God the DeadSkins aren't on TV:cabbagepatch: I watched the first game the Steelers won over Buffalo 32-14. The next day my mom bought me 2 of those hats with the fuzzy balls on top, one Steelers and one Redkins!!! I put the Steeler hat on and threw the other one on the floor.... I wore it every wheres we went. Next week we beat the Raiders 24-13 then hometown boy Chuck Foreman and Minnesota 16-6 in the SuperBowl. From then on its been history!

K Train
09-13-2007, 11:12 PM
i dont even like the steelers

seth_westover
09-13-2007, 11:14 PM
our they're ****** punter to right? lol! ur a trip k-train!!

okiesteeler
09-13-2007, 11:15 PM
I started watching pittsburgh when i was 5 in the 70's and they were romping all over everyone. They were on tv all the time, and so i got to watching them, and have been with them ever since

SteelerSteve
09-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Well, I just got into football the same year the steelers made it to the superbowl. During that season it looked pretty bleak for a while, but for some reason I knew they were a special team, I think the game that really made me a fan was the one against the Bears when the bus ran over Urlacher:lol: and after the playoffs and superbowl how could I not be hooked? btw I happen to be born and raised in Washington and live around diehard Hawk fans, and I thought it was funny how the steelers played them in the superbowl, lol I was the only one at the superbowl party rooting for the steelers:tt02::tt02:

GoBenGo
09-14-2007, 01:12 PM
:towelwave:My grandmother lived in Waynesburg. When we would come visit ( several times a year) dad would take me to see the Bucs or the Steelers, depending on the time of year. This was in the early 70's. It just grew from there.
I have been licky enough to have a tight circle of friends who also bleed black and gold. Including my best friend.I love this Franchise!!!!!!!.:dance:

Thanks again Mr. Rooney for bringing us Ben!!!!!!!
:towel::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel:

StlersGuy
09-14-2007, 01:54 PM
i dont even like the steelers

you have just taken the 1st step in admitting you need help

K Train
09-14-2007, 02:17 PM
lol im in a household of eagles fans, im just a ****ing rebel i guess. Honestly the first steeler play i remember was kordell stewart running for 80 yards lol

StlersGuy
09-14-2007, 02:29 PM
lol im in a household of eagles fans, im just a ****ing rebel i guess. Honestly the first steeler play i remember was kordell stewart running for 80 yards lol

just don't give them any D batteries or they will throw them at you.

manofsteel
09-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Wow thats really cool guys I am from the city. ANd seeing here some of the most avid fans on this site talk about how much you love the team and not being from here is great. I am proud to hang out with you guys